Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

Reaction Score
Senior night in Flagstaff and 5 seniors take the court in Flagstaff for the last time. Khiarcia Rasheed ends her career (5 years) as the all time leader in boards and 2nd all time in scoring.

Idaho shows why they are the hottest team in the Big Sky as they look for their 7th in a row

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This place is stunned.
I'm sitting next to Louisville fans

Oh my goodness gracious hamercy

Quite the finish! Miami turned a "walk-off" into a "run-off" as they sprinted to the locker room, leaving the entire arena stunned.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Quite the finish! Miami turned a "walk-off" into a "run-off" as they sprinted to the locker room, leaving the entire arena stunned.

Never seen a team do that in person. They eventually came back and celebrated on court.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This also has some Mighty Meme Potential:

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 5.39.41 PM.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Now UConn needs Kentucky and Georgia Tech to win to help UConn get a 2 seed.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
How could three officials miss that foul on Kentucky that got Kim the technical. She was correct in what she said on the court.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
How could three officials miss that foul on Kentucky that got Kim the technical. She was correct in what she said on the court.
I agreed with the ref that the LSU shooter kicked her leg out. That being said, if Geno had come out on the court like that and kept going after the first T, he would have been tossed. I've always thought that Mulkey got too much leeway with her histrionics.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wouldn't have thought it possible that a Jeff Walz team could lose a 17 point lead.
How much were they up on NC State before imploding this season? That's twice this year they've done this.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I agreed with the ref that the LSU shooter kicked her leg out. That being said, if Geno had come out on the court like that and kept going after the first T, he would have been tossed. I've always thought that Mulkey got too much leeway with her histrionics.
CD would have corralled him before he had a chance to get the second technical, but I agree with the leeway.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Maybe the refs fear getting the jacket tossed at them? Geno has no such projectile accoutrement.

Reaction Score
Kim can own the embarrassment tonight. Coming into the tournament with the mindset that it "doesnt matter" like she said in her presser, not surprised they got taken to the shed. Teams are a reflection of their coach, if the coach doesnt care why would the players?

Anyways, the team will only go as Morris and Pointer go. Without Morris, this is an average team at best.

Its still been a great year and an amazing coaching job by Mulkey but I strongly disliked her approach to this tournament. Momentum is a powerful thing and we go into NCAAT with bad momentum.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Missing all this due to niece’s soccer game. Duh-RAH-ma!

Louisville probably falls to #5 overall behind Baylor for now but likely no further, considering LSU’s loss and Iowa State doesn’t have much resume to move up. And it won’t really affect much since Louisiville and Baylor will still be the top 2 seeds in Wichita.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Well, put it this way. Before today, Maryland was the only top 20 team they beat. After today, Maryland is still the only top 20 team they beat.
They beat Ohio State, who were ranked #20 at the time and are #13 now. Rematch tomorrow.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Correct you are on both counts.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I didn't see the replay, I had to put the fries in the oven and when I came back my wife had taken over the TV to watch the news. That's how you stay married for 46 years (this Sunday) to a Kraut, you know when to battle over the TV on basketball. I always get the LG 70" 4k big screen when UConn is on.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Kim can own the embarrassment tonight. Coming into the tournament with the mindset that it "doesnt matter" like she said in her presser, not surprised they got taken to the shed. Teams are a reflection of their coach, if the coach doesnt care why would the players?

Anyways, the team will only go as Morris and Pointer go. Without Morris, this is an average team at best.

Its still been a great year and an amazing coaching job by Mulkey but I strongly disliked her approach to this tournament. Momentum is a powerful thing and we go into NCAAT with bad momentum.
Happy Judy Reyes GIF by ClawsTNT

Reaction Score
Honestly very shocked Miami pulled off the win - checked the box score when they were up by a lot, and then checked back later and was stunned. Great win by Miami!
Do they lose their #1 seed?
I think that Baylor and Louisville swap, making Baylor the #1 seed (if Baylor wins out including the conference tourney which appears to be what may happen). Honestly not much difference imo and they may get a more favorable matchup in the sweet 16, which Creme has the committee thinking that would be Maryland in their bracket as opposed to a rematch with Arizona (but that prediction doesn't encompass all of todays games). Very intriguing to see how these brackets turn out.
Missing all this due to niece’s soccer game. Duh-RAH-ma!

Louisville probably falls to #5 overall behind Baylor for now but likely no further, considering LSU’s loss and Iowa State doesn’t have much resume to move up. And it won’t really affect much since Louisiville and Baylor will still be the top 2 seeds in Wichita.
EDIT: just saw and completely agree

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom