Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Colorado and UCLA are looking like the run away favorites in the Pac 12.
Might be a bit early to declare that. Stanford gets UCLA at home, they only play once. UCLA and Colorado still play each other twice. Lots of games left. Quite a few other teams in the conference who are capable of picking off any of the 3 as well.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Lordy the officiating this weekend. Brink is fouling Sherrod on a pseudo-breakaway layup, and although not much contact, she did grab, and no call.

Reaction Score
Colorado leading Stanford by 17 after 3

Geez, what happened to Stanford? :confused::eek:
AP Poll had Stanford ranked 8th and Colorado ranked 5th. I guess the AP voters know what they are doing.

Colorado has played Stanford tough over the last 5 years and Stanford at Colorado is one of the conference games I worry about the most.

Colorado and UCLA were Stanford’s only two losses when they won the championship in 2021.

I also had a bad feeling about this game after all the press Tara was getting about tying Coach K for all time wins if she won today.

Reaction Score
Syracuse battled back tough in the fourth quarter to beat Clemson by one point with a basket at the end of the game. Clemson had a chance to win, but couldn’t get it done. Glad I decided to brave the cold today and go see the game in person. :eek:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
AP Poll had Stanford ranked 8th and Colorado ranked 5th. I guess the AP voters know what they are doing.

Colorado has played Stanford tough over the last 5 years and Stanford at Colorado is one of the conference games I worry about the most.

Colorado and UCLA were Stanford’s only two losses when they won the championship in 2021.

I also had a bad feeling about this game after all the press Tara was getting about tying Coach K for all time wins if she won today.
Haven't had a chance to see the game today, but honestly, this was the game I've been most worried about all season. This is the best Colorado team in the Pac-12 era and they've given us fits in Boulder when we were better and they were worse.

Also, is there a harder weekend in all of women's college basketball than Friday night @ Utah followed by Sunday morning @ Colorado? Hard to think of it. 36-hour turnaround time, interstate travel, both schools at elevation, both have great and intimidating home courts, and both are top teams this season. Honestly thankful we escaped 1-1.

Also, from what I've read, this time Brink deserved all the fouls she got called for. It's getting kind of infuriating because one or too stupid mistakes early in the game essentially transforms our likelihood of winning a tough away game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The first Syracuse player, in men’s or women’s basketball history to get that career point achievement. Pretty awesome.
But most of it was at Buffalo. SHE has scored 3000 points, but not in a Syracuse jersey.

Also wherever she ends up on the career scoring list, it's gonna need an asterisk since she has played 5 seasons. Siegrist finished at 2896 in 4 years, if she'd come back she could've smashed the all time record if she replicated her '22-'23 season.

Reaction Score
Might be a bit early to declare that. Stanford gets UCLA at home, they only play once. UCLA and Colorado still play each other twice. Lots of games left. Quite a few other teams in the conference who are capable of picking off any of the 3 as well.
Right now though those two teams look by far the best. Stanfords back court is too weak to keep up right now though they are still a solid top 15 team imo

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Right now though those two teams look by far the best. Stanfords back court is too weak to keep up right now though they are still a solid top 15 team imo
I'll agree they are the front runners, but run away favorites seemed a bit too strong of wording for me. If I was a betting man I'd put a bunch of money on both losing more than 1 game in conference before all is said and done.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My stinking Huskies (the purple ones) are about to have a 4 game losing streak going on. After going up 7 at the end of Q1, it's been all Cougs since then. Down 9 w/ less than 3 minutes left. Will be 1-3 in conference. I'm looking at the schedule, and I just don't see where many wins are gonna come from. After feasting on cruddy teams early, this season is going downhill fast. Actually looking like a step backward from last year.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'll agree they are the front runners, but run away favorites seemed a bit too strong of wording for me. If I was a betting man I'd put a bunch of money on both losing more than 1 game in conference before all is said and done.
As of this morning, Massey's predicted losses remaining for each team were as follows:

Stanford - ~3 losses remaining
UCLA - ~5 losses remaining
Colorado: ~6 losses remaining

So @nwhoopfan is likely onto something. ;)

BTW: Our @ Colorado game was the game Massey predicted we'd be most likely to lose, followed by the UCLA home game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
72-59 Wazzu wins. And Leger-Walker and Murekatete only combined for 18 points. Dawgs have scored under 60 in 7 of their last 11 games. It's like Jody Wynn is still coaching.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tough weekend for Arizona, 2 close losses at the Oregon schools. They are all about games going down the wire, but only 1-3 in their last 4 games.

Arizona St. emphatically answered the question that yes, they are beyond a doubt the worst team in the Pac 12.

Reaction Score
If they pull this out do Auburn fabs storm the court?
Not sure Ive seen that in wcbb

Reaction Score
If they pull this out do Auburn fabs storm the court?
Not sure Ive seen that in wcbb
They deserve to! But it may cost them.

Don’t know about bb but the SEC fine is 250k for storming the football field

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But most of it was at Buffalo. SHE has scored 3000 points, but not in a Syracuse jersey.
It’s true, but they still made a big deal about it being a Syracuse player record. It’s not like Syracuse has had many special achievements to celebrate on the basketball front in the past 20+ years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom