Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
For those of us in Connecticut the Miami-ND game is on the CW channel (channel 11 for the New York area fans) which is a "core" channel on basic so we can scout ND and see which version shows up.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Anyone else shocked that UCLA/USC will have compelted their season series by Jan 14?!?!

I know USC has not been in the top tier in the conference for a while, but usually schools that are local rivals (in this case, REAL local) have the rivalry games spread out across the season.
Just be grateful that the two rivalry games aren't only 2 days apart, which used to be the norm in Pac-12 scheduling.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
FWIW, although I haven't had the chance to watch the Stanford-Utah game yet, my understanding from my (admittedly biased) fan board is that some insane calls had been repeatedly going against Stanford earlier in the game, and that while a couple of these calls at the end were dubious for Utah, they were more than outweighed by the number of times Pili was no-called and/or phantom calls were made on our players earlier in the game.

But I'll agree with y'all about this: Pac-12 refs are surprisingly bad and inconsistent, and often make the game about them. Maybe that's true for every conference and I just notice it more because I mostly watch Pac-12 games, but it does seem like the reffing is an issue more with our conference games than our OOC ones.
I have now watched 6 PAC 12 games this year and I have 3 absolute credo's I will stand by:
1. The PAC 12 is the best conference 1-10 in the country by FAR
2. The game calling announcers are atrocious
3. The refereeing has has been even worse than the announcing as even the announcers during the Utah-Arizona game and then the Stanford-Utah game openly acknowledged that the refs did a bad job.

Most egregious was the shot clock violation against Stanford that wasn't called which then led to the next egregious call of a "tie-up" on Brink so while these two calls "even out" the fact is they were both HORRIBLE calls and should not have occurred and given the refs have an option to review the clock and shots, I am absolutely dumbfounded on how this was allowed to occur. Lynne and the school may get fined but the conference needs to issue a statement that the refs screwed up.

Reaction Score
I have now watched 6 PAC 12 games this year and I have 3 absolute credo's I will stand by:
1. The PAC 12 is the best conference 1-10 in the country by FAR
2. The game calling announcers are atrocious
3. The refereeing has has been even worse than the announcing as even the announcers during the Utah-Arizona game and then the Stanford-Utah game openly acknowledged that the refs did a bad job.

Most egregious was the shot clock violation against Stanford that wasn't called which then led to the next egregious call of a "tie-up" on Brink so while these two calls "even out" the fact is they were both HORRIBLE calls and should not have occurred and given the refs have an option to review the clock and shots, I am absolutely dumbfounded on how this was allowed to occur. Lynne and the school may get fined but the conference needs to issue a statement that the refs screwed up.
I don’t think you can review the shot clock in that situation. Not sure if that’s still the rule but I believe you can only review if the shot goes in. Not 100% sure on this though so would love to be corrected.

Reaction Score
Anyone else shocked that UCLA/USC will have compelted their season series by Jan 14?!?!

I know USC has not been in the top tier in the conference for a while, but usually schools that are local rivals (in this case, REAL local) have the rivalry games spread out across the season.

I'm a little disappointed only because i think both teams will likely look different and be better in a month.

What bothers me is that it’s not national tv

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I'm a little disappointed only because i think both teams will likely look different and be better in a month.
Washington and Washington St. are also playing the second of their rivalry games today.

Pac 12 used to have rivals/travel partners play back to back games against each other.

Reaction Score
Vandy with a q4 collapse :(

Mizzou 21-11 in the 4th to come back and win 65-63.

Vandy gets a steal but misses the contested layup with 2 sec left that would’ve tied it

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow Vandy just pulled a Wes Moore and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Not the game Vandy should have let slip away. Mizzou yikes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like Utah is trying to make sure no questionable calls from the refs will play a factor today; up BIG at the half on Cal.

Reaction Score
@Plebe you can cancel your pitchfork/torch rental.

The losses by Baylor Tex and VT all but guarantee that UConn moves up at least 1 this week.
I’d have UConn at 12, but could be as high as 10.

Reaction Score
ND thumps Miami with Hidalgo dominating the scoring. One positive: Citron looked good in 32 minutes with 15 points on 4-9 shooting including 3-5 from 3.

Reaction Score
Barn burner at the JMA Done right now. 4Q, Syracuse is tied with Clemson after trailing the whole game (sometimes by a LARGE margin).

Fair has scored her 3,000th career point in this game!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
According to the geniuses at ESPN, Utah only had 4 starters but still beat Cal 93-56. Box score has been goofed up the whole game. I'm assuming Pili started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom