Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Happy Monday BYers. Another great week of WBB as we start the grind of conference play. Seven games of ranked vs ranked highlighted.

1704740026029.png

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Fortunately, tonight is the CFP Championship but we need some of the P5 schools to restart the "Big Monday" set of games as I want quality games EVERY DAY, is that asking too much? :cool:

Reaction Score
It's a shame that UCLA/USC isn't on a national flagship telecast. Big rivalry. Top 10 teams. Super freshman star to showcase nationally. :(

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@BRS24
Just wondering why you don't include SNY for the UConn games. Is it because it isn't a network?

Marquette at Seton Hall is on FS1. 1/9
DePaul at Marquette is on CBSSN. 1/13

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
@BRS24
Just wondering why you don't include SNY for the UConn games. Is it because it isn't a network?

Marquette at Seton Hall is on FS1. 1/9
DePaul at Marquette is on CBSSN. 1/13
It's not listed on the ESPN schedule page, and I copypasta the info from there. No idea on the DePaul/Marquette game either. Hmm.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It's not listed on the ESPN schedule page, and I copypasta the info from there. No idea on the DePaul/Marquette game either. Hmm.
Cool.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's a shame that UCLA/USC isn't on a national flagship telecast. Big rivalry. Top 10 teams. Super freshman star to showcase nationally. :(
Does your cable, satellite or streaming package not include the Pac-12 Network?

Reaction Score
Having seen ND and BC both just playing at Syracuse, depending on who is playing for ND/BC -- and if BC can actually hit their shots -- I could potentially see BC pulling off an upset. Still, it's a very tall task.

I'm very interested to see all the ranked matchups, particularly the ones with close rankings like Texas/Kansas St, Stanford/Colorado, and UCLA/USC. I think some upsets are brewing.

Reaction Score
Is Missouri is the only SEC team Dawn has a losing road record to? Ugly series. Hope no flareuos on Thursday.

Reaction Score
Stonehill's perfection continues -- lost today 71-59 to CCSU!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas Southern got its first win over a D1 opponent, with a 72-67 win over Grambling.

Shockingly the game against College of Biblical Studies failed to prepare Grambling for this showdown.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Does your cable, satellite or streaming package not include the Pac-12 Network?
Blame lies with ESPN. They had the right to take this game if they wanted it. Guess they didn't notice the past two #1 recruits would be facing off when they passed on it during scheduling this fall.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Blame lies with ESPN. They had the right to take this game if they wanted it. Guess they didn't notice the past two #1 recruits would be facing off when they passed on it during scheduling this fall.
Well I can certainly see why ESPN passed on USC-UCLA since they have the opportunity to broadcast the riveting triple header of:
VT-FSU (cough)
LSU-Auburn (hacking cough) and
Tennessee-Texas A&M (pertussis).

Reaction Score
Well I can certainly see why ESPN passed on USC-UCLA since they have the opportunity to broadcast the riveting triple header of:
VT-FSU (cough)
VT and FSU game is valid.

LSU/Auburn going is gonna be over by the first quarter.

TN and A&M i see an ugly as hell game with lots of turnovers and bricked shot. I know Holly warlick is excited at that sight already

Reaction Score
VT-FSU (cough)
You want them to invest in a FOX/BTN product? Oops. I’m getting ahead off myself.

Plebe

Reaction Score
VT and FSU game is valid.
Florida State is overrated. They're #40 in the NET. Barely beat Tennessee, got destroyed by Arkansas, barely beat Clemson.

But knowing the ACC, they'll be the perfect team to take down Virginia Tech on Sunday lol.

Reaction Score
Florida State is overrated. They're #40 in the NET. Barely beat Tennessee, got destroyed by Arkansas, barely beat Clemson.

But knowing the ACC, they'll be the perfect team to take down Virginia Tech on Sunday lol.
All I’m saying is the other two are far worse games. FSU I do like some of their players, especially Latson. I don’t think FSU is all that great but there is some talent and potential. To be fair quite a few of these games the streaming was determined a while back.

That said I’ll likely miss another top pac game because I don’t have the pac 12 network.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So tonight in the Big East will be interesting as Marquette is at Seton Hall. SHU has a Massey of #69 but a NET of #41 while Marquette is #29 Massey and #38 NET. I just don't see how SHU is any good but from a Big East perspective they are our best hope for a 4th bid.

Reaction Score
Is Missouri is the only SEC team Dawn has a losing road record to? Ugly series. Hope no flareuos on Thursday.
Dawn is 8-4 against Missouri. Her only losing SEC record currently is against Tennessee (11-12) Interestingly, the only team she has never lost to is Alabama (21-0)

Reaction Score
Dawn is 8-4 against Missouri. Her only losing SEC record currently is against Tennessee (11-12) Interestingly, the only team she has never lost to is Alabama (21-0)
But Dawn is only 2-4 on the road in that other Columbia

Centerstream

Reaction Score
So tonight in the Big East will be interesting as Marquette is at Seton Hall. SHU has a Massey of #69 but a NET of #41 while Marquette is #29 Massey and #38 NET. I just don't see how SHU is any good but from a Big East perspective they are our best hope for a 4th bid.
This game is on FS1, if you weren't aware.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Pretty entertaining game. Michigan State breaks a 7-game losing streak to Maryland, 74-69. MSU struggled on offense in 1H, shooting just 30%, but then connected some great passing in the halfcourt offense, scoring 52 in the final 20.

I was particularly impressed with Joiner, Hagemann and Ayrault for MSU. Robyn Fralick can coach, I'm tellin ya.

For Maryland, the stars were McDaniel (20 points) and their amazing free throw shooting (22 of 23, 96%!), both of which kept them in the game.

Reaction Score
Minnesota leave Ann Arbor with a huge win against Michigan 82-66:eek:. They shot over 50% from 3 pt range and were tenacious on both ends of the court. First time I've really watched the team for a full game. Really fun to watch.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
This game is on FS1, if you weren't aware.
Thanks to this post I was able to watch Karlen score 17 of the Golden Eagles' 27 points in the third quarter on her way to a career high 30 points against SH. She and King were really on their games last night. I am still amazed just how badly we beat them last week.

I still laugh every time I watch Bozzella sit Indian style on the sideline coaching his team. It's so weird.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom