Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

Reaction Score
Two upsets today. There’s still time for more!

Luck Fingers Crossed GIF by The Great Pottery Throw Down

Reaction Score
Oregon TRIES to lose the game with 27 (!!!) turnovers but fails to lose and squeaks out a win. No fans, no band, no cheerleaders due to a weather prohibition. Silly really. Students at least could have walked.

Reaction Score
I'll agree they are the front runners, but run away favorites seemed a bit too strong of wording for me. If I was a betting man I'd put a bunch of money on both losing more than 1 game in conference before all is said and done.
Yes but I’d put money on the rest of the league losing more than 3 games imo. Two many weaknesses on the other teams that Colorado and UCLA don’t have right now. Certainly a lot can change in a month and a half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes but I’d put money on the rest of the league losing more than 3 games imo. Two many weaknesses on the other teams that Colorado and UCLA don’t have right now. Certainly a lot can change in a month and a half.
It's gonna be interesting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It’s true, but they still made a big deal about it being a Syracuse player record. It’s not like Syracuse has had many special achievements to celebrate on the basketball front in the past 20+ years.
There were a few good times w/ Q, culminating w/ the Final 4/Championship Game appearance.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arkansas ran away from Alabama in the second half. SEC appears to be full of a bunch of teams that you never know what you are going to get from the from game to game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida was up big, Georgia came charging back but Gators hung on. Both are a disappointing 1-3 in conference so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I mean it's still in the first half but UCLA in all kinds of trouble against USC.

Reaction Score
That was fun. Reese tries to play hero ball and gets stripped. IMO Van Lith should have stayed at L'Ville. Everytime I've seen her play she looks like she doesn't fit.
Yea...that was a head scratcher. I could see not having Van Lith in if they needed defense. But opting for Reese who is offensively one dimensional versus Van Lith was baffling. Van Lith will never be a PG so they better figure something out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Betts didn't start today? UCLA getting almost no scoring from their starting 5. Looks like no Marshall for USC, but no problem so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UVa made it close for a minute, but then North Carolina stretched out their lead.

Looking at teams like Illinois, Virginia, Washington, apparently after taking a big step forward one season for relatively new coaches, it's hard to even maintain, let alone take another step forward. All 3 are slip, slip, slidin' backwards.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yea...that was a head scratcher. I could see not having Van Lith in if they needed defense. But opting for Reese who is offensively one dimensional versus Van Lith was baffling. Van Lith will never be a PG so they better figure something out.
I keep seeing this, but Van Lith is still leading them in total assists despite missing 4 games. PG may not be her best position, but it seems like she's better at distributing the ball than any of the other options for LSU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Saw on twitter she wasn’t starting due to illness I guess
She and Jacquez came off the bench to score 15 of their 19 points in the first half.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Michigan St. yet again played tough, but couldn't come up with the win. Ohio St. by 5 at home.
The scheduling was a bit unkind to MSU in the sense that they play Iowa, Ohio State and Indiana each on the road, but OSU is the only one of those 3 that they get to play at home.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I keep seeing this, but Van Lith is still leading them in total assists despite missing 4 games. PG may not be her best position, but it seems like she's better at distributing the ball than any of the other options for LSU.
Speaking of guard play for LSU, they were 0-2 from outside. Can anyone remember a game where a top ten team failed to hit a three pointer, let alone one that only attempted it twice? Has to be one of the most bizarre stats I've seen in a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom