Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week 10 - Jan 8 to 14

Reaction Score
JuJu scored 32 on 8-22 shooting and 16-16 FTs. I watched few clips of the game and I still don't really understand what happened there. She also had 10 rebounds, so it's fair to say she was everywhere on the court.

Reaction Score
I don't think UCLA should be penalized much for losing a somewhat close game to a great team that they already beat once. Betts was also sick (not even in the starting lineup) so I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. I'd keep them at #2.

They split the series and lost to a team that's in the top 10. This loss doesn't look that bad. Do they deserve to stay as a 2? Not sure. Colorado being undefeated in the conference with wins over Stanford and LSU could have a case to move ahead of them in my opinion.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That UCLA-USC atmosphere was amazing (despite the loud music and DJ) I loved the emotion that both teams played with, and of course I loved the feistiness. Rice needed to understand that she can't react the way she did when she already had four fouls.

He probably overdosed on Cheerwine.

I haven't had any Cheerwine since last week. Don't tell anyone back home, but I bought a six pack of Coca-Cola a few days ago. I'll put the blame on Harris Teeter for putting it on sale. I just wanted one 16 ounce, but it made more sense economically to buy six :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They split the series and lost to a team that's in the top 10. This loss doesn't look that bad. Do they deserve to stay as a 2? Not sure. Colorado being undefeated in the conference with wins over Stanford and LSU could have a case to move ahead of them in my opinion.

Do you move Colorado ahead of State?

Reaction Score
You know what....... you just reminded me that I have never had a Cheerwine Float from Cook-out. Cheerwine and Vanilla Ice Cream??? Be back later.
I had Cheerwine once and thought it tasted Dr Pepper-like. But I'm not a connoisseur. What say you?

Reaction Score
Do you move Colorado ahead of State?
Hmmmmmm. I'm leaning towards yea, but it could be due to recency bias. NC State did lose to Virginia Tech so they're not undefeated in conference play like Colorado. Both teams have good wins against ranked teams. Tough one.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Usc Trojans GIF by BLVD Studios
Fight On University Of Southern California GIF by USC Trojans

Reaction Score
I know there in no one paying attention to Oregon State. But OSU Beavers only two losses are on the road to UCLA & USC. Loss to USC by 2 at USC (56-54), and lost at UCLA 65-54. OSU's defense is stout and this young team is getting better every game. Today, OSU waxed ASU 92-55. PAC-12 is crazy tough. No PAC-12 team is going undefeated in league play, MOCK my words.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I know there in no one paying attention to Oregon State. But OSU Beavers only two losses are on the road to UCLA & USC. Loss to USC by 2 at USC (56-54), and lost at UCLA 65-54. OSU's defense is stout and this young team is getting better every game. Today, OSU waxed ASU 92-55. PAC-12 is crazy tough. No PAC-12 team is going undefeated in league play, MOCK my words.
Oregon State should move into the top 25 in tomorrow's poll. Iowa State, too.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
10,258, a Sell Out at USC

I remember going to a WNIT game at Galen Center, against UC Santa Barbara, back in 2011.
I believe the attendance for that game was around 250(thanks to 2 bus loads of UCSB fans who made the trip.)
Times have changed.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Not going to lie, really wish we had beat Colorado today so we could get Tara her all-time-win against Oregon on Friday. I'm not convinced we beat OreSU on sunday... :(

Reaction Score
I hope Oregon State can knock off some ranked teams here soon. They are really good! I want them to be ranked. Beers is one of the best centers in the country IMO

Reaction Score
I keep seeing this, but Van Lith is still leading them in total assists despite missing 4 games. PG may not be her best position, but it seems like she's better at distributing the ball than any of the other options for LSU.
Not saying she isn't their overall best option at PG, which in itself says a lot, but it's just not in her DNA. She's a shooter. She's also leading the team in avg TOs. She was DEFINITELY a better option than Reese here. Williams had an off night so I may have given her more of those minutes. Not faulting Williams as she is a freshman and a dang good one, but they all have off nights.

Reaction Score
And, among the unranked, A&M destroyed the Vols
Speaking of A&M, I know they won, but it's hard watching them play. What is up with Barker? At one point she was subbed out (?) and walked straight back to the locker room? I always get the sense that she isn't comfortable in her role...or doesn't know what it is from game to game. Maybe it's just me.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Closing out this week, there were 10 teams in the top 25 that lost (Baylor x2), equaling week 1. As soon as the AP poll is updated, I'll post the top 25 games later today in a new thread.

Reaction Score
Not saying she isn't their overall best option at PG, which in itself says a lot, but it's just not in her DNA. She's a shooter. She's also leading the team in avg TOs. She was DEFINITELY a better option than Reese here. Williams had an off night so I may have given her more of those minutes. Not faulting Williams as she is a freshman and a dang good one, but they all have off nights.
I personally think it was a little bit more than an off night for Williams. She was a liability on defense. She bit on too many fakes and was constantly losing her man. Also, I think Auburn figured out the formula for defending her and she is going to have to learn some counters. She wasn't challenged by the defenses in the first half of the season so she didn't get that opportunity. I think she would be further along if LSU played a more challenging schedule.

Anyways, I have a feeling she is about to go through some growing pains.

Reaction Score
I personally think it was a little bit more than an off night for Williams. She was a liability on defense. She bit on too many fakes and was constantly losing her man. Also, I think Auburn figured out the formula for defending her and she is going to have to learn some counters. She wasn't challenged by the defenses in the first half of the season so she didn't get that opportunity. I think she would be further along if LSU played a more challenging schedule.

Anyways, I have a feeling she is about to go through some growing pains.
I noticed that too on defense.

Reaction Score
I finally had a chance to watch the replay of USC's win over UCLA. Juju gets fouled on drives an awful lot. I mean, half her 32 points came from the free throw line, and there were lots of obvious fouls that weren't called, including at least one on Betts. Some of these drives, Juju forces the contact from her very first step and practically rides her defender to the rim. Once she's on the move, it's impossible for the defender to disengage. Bingo, blocking foul. She shot 16-16 from the line, but if the refs had called all the fouls, she might have shot 24-24 or even more. And Betts would have fouled out early, and not just her.

I was wondering why the refs failed to call so many fouls. It occurs to me that Juju makes everything look so natural that the refs may be lulled into a sort of trance by it. She leans into a moving defender so effortlessly, and makes the shot as if she needed the defender to help keep her upright, as if the defender becomes a sort of partner in her dance to the rim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom