We need a point guard | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We need a point guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am stunned that someone built a team without a point guard and thought it would work. And that he thinks he can do it again next year.

If Seton Hall doesn’t lose KR in the first half, we’re 0-2 against Seton Hall this year - we can only score against them in spurts and when they start to pressure our offense, we simply fall apart. We had Sanogo out there at the end trying to run the offense.

That was just ugly.
Yeah when Newton doesn't play well and aggressive he needs to sit like today. Problem Diarra is a solid player but as a backup. Well at least we aren't trying to play Jackson as a PG lol.

Reaction Score
The two PGs we had Rashoul Diggins and Jalen Gaffney transfered unexpectedly and Hurley did the best he could with landing a top transfer target in Newton. Newton has had some great games and is overall pretty good. We just have to accept he is going to have good games and bad games.
Diggins has done nothing at UMass, so we might be in a worse boat if he stayed.
I suspect Hurley told them the truth-they were not capable starting BE point guards and were going to be over recruited. Thus moved on.

Reaction Score
I thought Sanogo was the biggest liability late. All he did was turn it over or miss.
What is up with Sanago with this shot fake on wide open 3's. Dude you can make it so shoot it. I guess he was hoping to get some points near the basket or show the NBA his drive game. LOL!

Reaction Score
lol….go pound sand.

This site is way too easy to find - brings in way too many morons like this oaf who gets his undies in a wad when someone doesn’t wave their pom poms after every game.

Just go away.
For a 5 game stretch, Newton played as well as anyone in the Big East and I didn’t hear anyone say we don’t have a point guard. Last game, they took away Newton due to the way they defended him…..and this game Diarra just was playing better.

And now we don’t have a point guard….to make that statement does stink….

Reaction Score
What is up with Sanago with this shot fake on wide open 3's. Dude you can make it so shoot it. I guess he was hoping to get some points near the basket or show the NBA his drive game. LOL!
He has been sick so he definitely wasn’t himself today…you could see it.

Reaction Score
We're going to finish 5th in the Big East in Hurley's 5th season!
We had a January swoon. We’re not the first good team that’s happened to. You conveniently leave out the dominating we did early in the season. How many teams this year are undefeated OOC?

Let’s see where we are after the BET before acting like this season is a failure, no?

Reaction Score
We had a January swoon. We’re not the first good team that’s happened to. You conveniently leave out the dominating we did early in the season. How many teams this year are undefeated OOC?

Let’s see where we are after the BET before acting like this season is a failure, no?
And I guess after Hurley fourth season he’s supposed to finish top 4 for the rest of his career.

Reaction Score
We're going to finish 5th in the Big East in Hurley's 5th season!
It's like people forgot we lost 70% of our minutes from last year, including 4 of our top 5 scorers. Why does the season number matter? This should be a down year, but instead he's recruiting and developing extremely well, hit the portal well, so we've been ranked in the top 25 the whole season since November and have a good chance at a protected NCAA seed (and better seed than last year).

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Combo Guard/PG are the same thing in basketball today.
If you’re in the Kemba, Boatright, Price mold then sure. But not if you’re really just a small 2 guard.

Reaction Score
It's like people forgot we lost 70% of our minutes from last year, including 4 of our top 5 scorers. Why does the season number matter? This should be a down year, but instead he's recruiting and developing extremely well, hit the portal well, so we've been ranked in the top 25 the whole season since November and have a good chance at a protected NCAA seed (and better seed than last year).
I don’t get the 5th in his 5th season thing either. As if every season is supposed to surpass the past one. With that logic by his 6th season anything less than 3rd is unacceptable . And so on and so on until anything less than a 1st place finish is unacceptable. Right?

That’s just not a realistic trajectory for any college program. You’re going to have down years. And this year isnt even that

Reaction Score
I don’t get the 5th in his 5th season thing either. As if every season is supposed to surpass the past one. With that logic by his 6th season anything less than 3rd is unacceptable . And so on and so on until anything less than a 1st place finish is unacceptable. Right?

That’s just not a realistic trajectory for any college program. You’re going to have down years. And this year isnt even that
This is easily our most talented team since Hurley has been here.

Yes, anything less than third next season will be unacceptable if we don't have anything to show for his first 5 seasons.

Reaction Score
This is pure nonsense. This shouldn't be a down year. It's the most talented team in the Big East and the most talented team Hurley has had since he's been here.

Reaction Score

The same Big East teams that are apparently putting us to shame are all in the same category as us nationally. It’s just such a disingenuous way to frame it lol

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
But on the flip, all of our wins you give basically no credit yet you pile on after every loss. Interesting mindset.

4 years ago this team was under .500 in the AAC. They obviously need to win in the tourney and if we don’t everyone will be mad and there will be no pom poms.

But it boggles my mind how anyone can be that disappointed with where we are right now
Xavier was basically .500 last year and went to the NIT. Now they’re where we are right now. I don’t get your point.

Reaction Score
Xavier was basically .500 last year and went to the NIT. Now they’re where we are right now. I don’t get your point.
That’s with the transfer portal. When we were .500 in the AAC that didn’t exist. The transfer portal changed the speed of rebuilds. And to add to that Xavier severely under achieved last season. Miller inherited more talent than Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom