We need a new coach | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We need a new coach

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh praise Jesus, August West has NO REBUTTAL. Still managed to scrape out 17 words while saying nothing and allegedly no rebuttal though, quite telling and can't wait for his schtick to return when the next non-Fishy person makes an identical post to this one.

Did your boyfriend forget to get you a card on Valentine's day?

Keep your chin up, hun. It gets better.

Reaction Score
I said "some of" and that clearly means not all of them but I get what your saying.
It probably won't happen but don't you think a new coach would want Carlton, Sid,Larrier, Jalen and Vital to stay along with the incoming recruits?

Do u think Jalen wants to stick around to play another year of this disaster? As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with starting completely fresh

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
920x920.jpg

Stop it!!

Reaction Score
Yeah, it'd be nice if you weren't using SEC football, where booster money is a variable we can't even consider, as a baseline.

The Gillespie firing involved a protracted legal process which I'm not sure our current administration is competent enough to engage in. Plus his off-court issues didn't manifest publicly until after the firing. Benedict knows his career is toast if it comes out in a courtroom that he knew about KO's off-court issues for nearly two years and didn't take action. And looking at how far down Gillespie's buyout was negotiated (essentially halved), $5MM vs. $10MM doesn't buy Benedict a ton of room when it comes to setting aside the next HC's salary. And knowing what we now know about Benedict being the sole driver behind the November 2016 extension, he's going to have a much tougher time kissing the ring than he did when it came to collecting Diaco's buyout.

So you're left wih John Pelphrey being paid a negotiated buyout according to sources. Granted Jeff Long doesn't seem like too smart of a guy, but I still don't trust Benedict anywhere near as much anymore.
You are being wicked obtuse. Benedict has nothing to fear. He was handed the contract extension that tied his hands. And he could say they were investigating rumors for a few years and eventually concluded a change in culture was needed. We aren't talking about decades of looking the other way like penn state or mich state. We are talking about a few years, which is totally acceptable for an investigation.

And Ollie's NBA prospects and salary are absolutely tied to his performance. It is going down with every game. He needs a change and soon. Plus, his bros in the NBA aren't getting any younger. If he wants to use them as leverage to land an associate position, best do it ASAP.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
These are not just games, they are 2 1/2 hours of our time that we can't recoup. Its not entertainment or educational, its one bad movie after another that we continue to watch with no benefit or enjoyment.

Its not so bad if you are young but for us older folks its basically precious 'time wasted'.
Stopped wasting my time. Check the box score the next day and then the BY for the details. I refuse to subject myself to that anymore. How could Larrier who is 6-8 get ONE rebound in 28 mins.?

Reaction Score
Do u think Jalen wants to stick around to play another year of this disaster? As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with starting completely fresh
Its not really worth transferring out with the year he would have to sit out and hes not good enough to go pro (for the NBA at least.) His best option is to stay at UConn, unless we get a new coach then, if he really wanted to, he could go to a different school that he knew he would be in the tourney with.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
It’s getting to the point where we might actually retain more players if we hire a competent coach. The players aren’t dumb, they’re here to develop and that isn’t happening.
Hopefully this happens

Reaction Score
If he was our football coach, and even had a NC 4 years ago under his belt, and UConn had four NC's in football over the past twenty years, and had allowed a great program to disintegrate like it has, poison pill be damned, he would have been fired early last year after the losses to a Wagner and a Coppin State. That being said, I still think he's gone at the end of the season, he'll either resign over the Sidney Wilson thing or he's fired outright. If he isn't, expect at least one high profile transfer out of the program.
Lol. High profile transfer!

Reaction Score
Its not really worth transferring out with the year he would have to sit out and hes not good enough to go pro (for the NBA at least.) His best option is to stay at UConn, unless we get a new coach then, if he really wanted to, he could go to a different school that he knew he would be in the tourney with.

His best option might be playing overseas or the G League. Given that he's regressed this year, I'm not sure sticking around another year is the best for him.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked the Ollieistas haven’t chimed in that we won’t get anyone better. Calling Stairmaster. Paging willie?

Maybe they've accepted that a well-trained rodent would be better than the current coach . . .

Reaction Score
His best option might be playing overseas or the G League. Given that he's regressed this year, I'm not sure sticking around another year is the best for him.
I dont know if id say hes regressed, his assists are down but I dont really blame him for that. I guess his shooting % is down but hes scoring well and is doing good on the defensive side.

August_West

Reaction Score
I’m shocked the Ollieistas haven’t chimed in that we won’t get anyone better. Calling Stairmaster. Paging willie?

I'm ( or at least was) an Ollie guy, but the bar to judge that statement by has been lowered incrementally pretty much every game this season . To the point that the Ridiculous toss around of a name like Tom Crean can seem like an upgrade as it stands on 2/16. ( But please don't hire Tom Crean just using that dope as an example!)

Reaction Score
Lol. High profile transfer!
I had the same reaction. There’s not a single current player or recruit other than Carlton maybe that I fear losing. For continuity purposes I’d like to see Vital, Jalen, Whaley back but if a new coach had to start fresh it really wouldn’t be any worse than right now.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
But wait guys, we have Akinjo, the #98 recruit coming in next year, he has to stay for atleast another season!Head bang
This is such a dumb argument. If Akinjo goes somewhere else and becomes and NBA player you better eat your share of crow. When will people stop looking at the rankings?

That said, Ollie should go. I'd be ok with one more year, but I'd be ok with him being canned as well.

Reaction Score
I dont know if id say hes regressed, his assists are down but I dont really blame him for that. I guess his shooting % is down but hes scoring well and is doing good on the defensive side.

Yeah, i think thats fair. Given who he has around him, its not a surprise that his assists are down.

Reaction Score
I watched possession after possession with the ball being passed around the perimeter with no effort to engage our bigs by passing it to them in the paint or foul line. I saw contested 3s hoisted one after another (bad shots at that) with no effort to either take a better shot, find an open man, or run a semblance of offense.

With that said I watched a coach that allowed it to happen time and time again, as if selfish play, hoisting 3s whenever and wherever the player want and ignoring our bigs was acceptable. Not one attempt to correct the occurrences or discipline the player(s) who were doing their own thing.

Exactly. Last night made me incredibly angry. They lost to a crap team, and it's exactly cause this type of play is not punished. Ollie has no control over his players. It's time for him to step down and go.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yet another club @August_West was hoping to never see:

Which one do you think makes him sadder?

gross.

And technically thats not a "club" ... Clubs need to be Triple decker (3 slices of bread with the meat/cheese below the middle slice and the BLT above the middle slice) on some kind of toasted bread, cut into 4 triangles and have a toothpicks stuck in each wedge.

I dont like people taking liberties and calling anything with BLT/Mayo a club. That pic above is a Turkey on a Roll.

I do like Club sandwiches though.

I had a cheeseburger club from Pizza Pub in Essex on the way to the game last night. (had to grab something quick and car friendly as I went straight from work to XL).

Cheeseburger club > Turkey Club

this is a proper Club
Club-Sandwich.jpg

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The idea that we're likely to be worse off or even remain the same without KO is just as unlikely as we'll find a coach that's even 25% as good as Calhoun. Both scenarios seem highly unlikely.

There's a whole lot of in between, but I think that at UConn, the expectation every season should be Top 3 regular season AAC, NCAA Tourney Bid and being a top 40 team more often than not.

The fact that we can't even stay on the same court most times vs a SMU, Cincinnati, Wichita, is a grave indictment to the program.

Pay Ollie his buyout (lmao at the notion he'll negotiate it down out of the goodness of his heart) and move on.

You would assume UConn has a short list of candidates they would want to bring in, but given that it's UConn and the incompetence in the AD runs rampant, I'll hold my breath.

Unbelievable just how bad P, Diaco and now Ollie have really screwed us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
gross.

And technically thats not a "club" ... Clubs need to be Triple decker (3 slices of bread with the meat/cheese below the middle slice and the BLT above the middle slice) on some kind of toasted bread, cut into 4 triangles and have a toothpicks stuck in each wedge.

I dont like people taking liberties and calling anything with BLT/Mayo a club. That pic above is a Turkey on a Roll.

I do like Club sandwiches though.

I had a cheeseburger club from Pizza Pub in Essex on the way to the game last night. (had to crab something quick and car friendly as I went straight from work to XL).

Cheeseburger club > Turkey Club
Thanks for proving my point. Not only is your beloved Arby's prostituting the foul fowl, but it is blatantly lying calling it a club.

So I ask again, which makes you sadder: the Arby's Grand Turkey "Club" or joining the fire Ollie club?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom