We need a new coach | Page 12 | The Boneyard

We need a new coach

Reaction Score
Yes coaches can coach D but if the players aren't physically or mentally capable of matching up with the opponent it doesn't make any difference what a coach says or does.
Most anyone with coaching experience understands this
You can't take a U-15 team and ask them to compete physically with a U-18 team - it doesn't happen
That's what UConn is against almost every game - men vs boys
What are you talking about?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Uhh that's Ollie's fault too. He recruits and develops the players
Uhh not talking about recruiting, talking about hand on coaching - I have said a 1000 times his biggest fault is his recruitment
I get you can't stand the man

Reaction Score
Uhh not talking about recruiting, talking about hand on coaching - I have said a 1000 times his biggest fault is his recruitment
just some stylistic advise, double space between your paragraph breaks

Reaction Score
Uhh that's Ollie's fault too. He recruits and develops the players

Why would you recruit U-15 players and ask them to compete against U-18 players? Most anyone with coaching experience knows this is a bad idea.

Reaction Score
You are talking about recruiting though. If you defend his lack of defensive coaching by saying the players aren’t equipped to handle the competition, well then that falls on KO for bringing in guys who can’t play. How is this not understood?

Reaction Score
Yes coaches can coach D but if the players aren't physically or mentally capable of matching up with the opponent it doesn't make any difference what a coach says or does.
You can't take a U-15 team and ask them to compete physically with a U-18 team - it doesn't happen

I agree. But the thing is our guys arent even in position on D lately. That CAN be taught. That's coaching. The players either arent bought in, arent being taught well, or both

Reaction Score
Hurley was outcoached down the stretch in the St Bonnies game last night
I love Mack but he too is too stubborn in some factions of the game and Jay Wright throws that down his throat game after game
Holy , this is just unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Hurley was outcoached down the stretch in the St Bonnies game last night
I love Mack but he too is too stubborn in some factions of the game and Jay Wright throws that down his throat game after game
I like the fight outta both teams but after this year Rhode Island won’t be the same with their two best players gone n their do it all guy in Robinson also gone. Mostly senior driven .... hopefully Hurley can make big impact in the tourney cuz after this year I don’t see the same success

Xavier had they run with blueitt n Mack has yet to capitalize except for the run last year ... fought back today but Villanova was too much ... depending on matchups I don’t see them going far..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We are at worst, the third most talented team in this conference. If Gregg Marshall was the coach this team would be going to the NCAA tournament. We are the worst coached team I’ve seen in years. Worse than any Perno team by far. KO constantly puts players in a position to fail, by not understanding what they can do and can’t do.

Yes, we lack talent for a UConn team. But not really compared to the teams that beat us like Tulsa, Memphis and Temple. We dominated Tulsa easily the other day during a ten minute stretch where Adams shared the ball and the Huskies played good offense (D was still meh). This UConn team should be beating that team by 20. Instead they swept us. That’s Ollie.

Reaction Score
We are at worst, the third most talented team in this conference. If Gregg Marshall was the coach this team would be going to the NCAA tournament. We are the worst coached team I’ve seen in years. Worse than any Perno team by far. KO constantly puts players in a position to fail, by not understanding what they can do and can’t do.

Yes, we lack talent for a UConn team. But not really compared to the teams that beat us like Tulsa, Memphis and Temple. We dominated Tulsa easily the other day during a ten minute stretch where Adams shared the ball and the Huskies played good offense (D was still meh). This UConn team should be beating that team by 20. Instead they swept us. That’s Ollie.
I agree with a lot of this but let me ask a question, what about the fact that we are mostly a bunch of bad shooters? The percentages don’t lie and we miss many many open and uncontested shots.

Reaction Score

You are definitely overrating our talent or skills. But a good coach would make us more competitive. We'd have a few more wins and probably less blowouts.

Reaction Score
The coming months will be interesting in College basketball.
There may be a lot of very good coaching jobs available. When and if the FBI info comes out could have a big impact what type of coach we can/will end up with.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree with a lot of this but let me ask a question, what about the fact that we are mostly a bunch of bad shooters? The percentages don’t lie and we miss many many open and uncontested shots.

And lack of strength and athleticism. Watching that guy throw down 2 monster jams against us the other day....oh man. When was the last time we've seen a UCONN guy completely obliterate the rim? I feel like it's been a while.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Purvis' dunk against SMU is the last one I can remember
Williams had one a couple of games ago off a lob from Jalen.

Reaction Score
Coast his way yeah right. Ollie helped recruit those very same players.

PS: I am right about Ollie help recruiting those players.

Also, if it was also so easy to coast with Calhouns players, why didn't Calhoun win more than 3 times. Seems pretty easy.

Calhoun won 3 National Championships in 13 seasons. Nobody else won as many in that same span. When he retired the roster was loaded with guys like Napier, Giffey, Daniels, and Boatright. When Kromah joined them as a grad transfer that made for a very impressive core. We have not had a team that talented since. That much is undisputed, or at least it should be. There are over 300 D1 teams competing for one trophy. I would hope that you would realize that winning 3 of them in 13 seasons is phenomenal, and setting the table to win a 4th is even more fantastic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, there are posts on the L'ville board expecting Pitino to come here. I think not, the guy is toxic.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
FWIW, there are posts on the L'ville board expecting Pitino to come here. I think not, the guy is toxic.
Wouldn't surprise me honestly. He's a great head coach, and I doubt he'll be caught dead cheating again. It wouldn't be hard for DB to say he believes Pitino about not knowing anything about the strippers.

That being said, I think Calhoun might hunt down and off RP if he were to try taking over his program.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
As usual the Yard doesn’t disappoint with bad takes about how recruiting is the sole issue not the coaching. But you have juniors that don’t know how to stay in front of their man, or switch properly. That isn’t a recruiting problem that’s a coaching problem

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom