We need a new coach | Page 11 | The Boneyard

We need a new coach

Reaction Score
Those 3 teams are in the PAC12, The Big 10 and the ACC... Not mid-major AAC..

The most honest statement in this thread is.

“Everyone ready to roll the dice”

And it will be for all the money. If new coach does not get it done so are we..

We are way more likely to end up like PITT than Ohio State, NC State or even Washington..

Digest that

Well we have seen what is behind door A. I say we take our chances with what is behind door B.

Reaction Score
Put down your pom-poms and take off your blue colored glasses..

The brand/facilities/ recruiting grounds. Really????

Those schools conference Trumps all of them. We are inferior to them..

JC was a once in a lifetime coach who performed a miracle in Storrs. Cherish the memories..

Idiot post.

This isn't the CFP.

UConn is in a multiple bid conference that offers recruits the ability to play for the national championship.

Everyone knows that there are levels within leagues, and being an upper tier member is much different than mid or low tier in the same conference.

The AAC is actually developing nicely in BBall, which has been the plan all along... to develop a quality all-sports league.

UConn's only barriers are quality coaching. The recruiting classes in the AAC were just fine up until the staff shake-up. It's a better AAC now than it was then.

So sick of the trolls and the gullible sheep.

So sick of seeing Cincinnati and Wichita in the Top 20 every week this year and not even being in that conversation.

So tired of the excuses that keep UConn under those schools. No reason for that. Those are Final 4 caliber programs reppin AAC, and UConn should have been in those conversations this year. UConn has more equity to use to its advantage.

Reaction Score
OK then...

See who is the next Coach... It looks to me like the vast majority disagree with me.

I very well could be wrong... But people getting nasty over ones opnion is ridiculous.

My opnion over what we get stuck with for a Coach due to our decline has made people so angry. Its my OPNION... You have yours.

Reaction Score
OK then...

See who is the next Coach... It looks to me like the vast majority disagree with me.

I very well could be wrong... But people getting nasty over ones opnion is ridiculous.

My opnion over what we get stuck with for a Coach due to our decline has made people so angry. Its my OPNION... You have yours.

You intermittently mix "we" and "you" when talking about the team. I cannot speak for anyone else, obviously, but I don't believe you are actually a fan of the team. And while I am not getting angry with you, I do hope you will stop posting on the matter of KO.

Reaction Score
You intermittently mix "we" and "you" when talking about the team. I cannot speak for anyone else, obviously, but I don't believe you are actually a fan of the team. And while I am not getting angry with you, I do hope you will stop posting on the matter of KO.

Well I guess you told me.. Someone who disagrees is a troll.. I disagree with the crowd that does not mean I am a troll..

We=UCONN

You= The unrealistic crowd. With unrealistic expectations for the next Coach.
That I do not share.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Well I guess you told me.. Someone who disagrees is a troll.. I disagree with the crowd that does not mean I am a troll..

We=UCONN

You= The unrealistic crowd. With unrealistic expectations for the next Coach.
That I do not share.
It’s been said before, but bears repeating: if hoping for the next coach to be better than Ollie qualifies as “unrealistic”, we may as well just close up shop now. Drop down to D2 perhaps, because it’s over.

Reaction Score
This game ollie wasnt out coached, with our total defense any team can score on us at will .. we simply can’t play any kind of defense ... we always being outmuscled n teams get to the lane fairly easy and to the line! How many games has a player scorched us from the field n have a career day ... ??

Reaction Score
This game ollie wasnt out coached, with our total defense any team can score on us at will .. we simply can’t play any kind of defense ... we always being outmuscled n teams get to the lane fairly easy and to the line! How many games has a player scorched us from the field n have a career day ... ??

Coaches coach defense and offense
.. not sure what youre getting at

Reaction Score
so you think it's some giant coincidence that all of Ollie's teams have had a bunch of nobodies go off for career highs? lol.

Reaction Score
So u simply saying Ollie isn’t emphasizing both... that’s ridiculous!! ppl tend to go back n say well Ollie recruited these guys whatever but as a d1 player you should know how to keep a guy in front of you, but I know you blame that on Ollie as well

Reaction Score
so you think it's some giant coincidence that all of Ollie's teams have had a bunch of nobodies go off for career highs? lol.
You watch the game lol ... I feel for Ollie because I believe him when he say the kids aren’t following the game plan .. but on defense it’s all about you stopping ya man from scoring and some of those shots were contested but others not so much

The offense could be good if our players adjust their tendencies... Adams your not a 3 point shooter, attack the d embrace contact n set up others, vital stop taking unnecessary shots, Larrier you’re long enough to glide to the rack, toughen up....

Reaction Score
Well either he isn't teaching them or they aren't listening. Either way it's a problem.
Absolutely. If a team tunes out what the coaches are saying, it’s time to replace the coaches. The rhetoric is guys didn’t want to hear the message last year so there was a parting of the ways. Now, with a new group, it’s the same issue? The fat lady is about to sing next month.

Reaction Score
So u simply saying Ollie isn’t emphasizing both... that’s ridiculous!! ppl tend to go back n say well Ollie recruited these guys whatever but as a d1 player you should know how to keep a guy in front of you, but I know you blame that on Ollie as well

Our guys are good enough athletes to guard the perimeter. Interior D is meh. The problem is lack of trust/IQ from the playersin defensive schemes. Theyre not getting to the help line, keeping hands up, and taking away the opposing players strong hand. Their positioning off ball is atrocious outside of vital (usually). Lack of overall effort is a problen. Defense CAN be taught and should be taught. These stupid zones and innefective zone press aint cutting it.

Defense isnt just about stopping your man. It is a TEAM game. Good D has every single player focused on their opposing leaders on offense

Lack of development or quality recruiting is on ollie.

Reaction Score
Amida intimidated a lot of shots so he didn’t even have to block to be effective. We used to be decent defensively.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not having a time out with 5 seconds left is bad coaching.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
IF(!) Chris Mack is a possibility, there's no argument to be made. Hurley or Mack would be phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Their positioning off ball is atrocious outside of vital (usually). Lack of overall effort is a problen. Defense CAN be taught and should be taught. These stupid zones and innefective zone press aint cutting it.
I agree on this point yes it can be taught and you’re right I hate our pressure when we press ... I be looking for a trap and I never see it unless were down with seconds to go .., if we’re going to pressure then we should go through with it like West Virginia.. they live n die by it

Reaction Score
Amida intimidated a lot of shots so he didn’t even have to block to be effective. We used to be decent defensively.

Amida wasn't at all a good basketball player for 4 years. Either end mind you.

Reaction Score
Amida wasn't at all a good basketball player for 4 years. Either end mind you.
the fact that we couldn't recruit over him for 3 years is unbelievable. he would've been great for 15 minutes per game but he should never have been starting here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes coaches can coach D but if the players aren't physically or mentally capable of matching up with the opponent it doesn't make any difference what a coach says or does.
Most anyone with coaching experience understands this
You can't take a U-15 team and ask them to compete physically with a U-18 team - it doesn't happen
That's what UConn is against almost every game - men vs boys

Reaction Score
Yes coaches can coach D but if the players aren't physically or mentally capable of matching up with the opponent it doesn't make any difference what a coach says or does.
Most anyone with coaching experience understands this
You can't take a U-15 team and ask them to compete physically with a U-18 team - it doesn't happen
That's what UConn is against almost every game - men vs boys
Uhh that's Ollie's fault too. He recruits and develops the players

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IF(!) Chris Mack is a possibility, there's no argument to be made. Hurley or Mack would be phenomenal.
Hurley was outcoached down the stretch in the St Bonnies game last night
I love Mack but he too is too stubborn in some factions of the game and Jay Wright throws that down his throat game after game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom