We can not close the deal with recruits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

We can not close the deal with recruits

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wow what a downer. This guy is a terrible fan, what kind of outlook is that on our favorite team?

Your blind optimism about the future is so divorced from reality it's nausea-inducing.

Reaction Score
From Russ Woods:

I just recently got home from a football practice and had a chance to look at Mathis' Tweet. I noticed something that made me do a little investigating.

If you look closely at the graphic that Mathis Tweeted you will notice that "@tipton.edits" is nowhere to be found in the graphic.

I posted in another thread that Joseph Tipton told me that he did an edit for Mathis "about a week ago."

I just asked Tipton about the graphic that Mathis Tweeted today and he said "He must've had a last second change of heart because it (the Tipton edit) was UCONN... lol."

That further confirms that things changed in the past several days moving Mathis away from Connecticut and to Rutgers.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It sure as won't help any if recruits and their parents visit here.

Reaction Score
I've been telling people for a long time how screwed up things are and have been called all sorts of names for it. I held out hope it could change with Chillious coming on board but it's become pretty clear to me no assistant can fix the major problem right now with the program and it ain't the conference. Curtains fellas.

Reaction Score
You keep defending Ollie while the hole he has dug gets deeper. Sounds like a great plan.
I told Stainmaster what's going on and he still is playing this game. He likes playing the contrarian.

Reaction Score
Perception is reality with basketball recruits. You don't typically come back from where KO is right now. Maybe PJ Carlissimo at Seton Hall? I have to assume we'll be looking at a new staff after this season. It could change, but I think the train is heading into the station.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From Russ Woods:

I just recently got home from a football practice and had a chance to look at Mathis' Tweet. I noticed something that made me do a little investigating.

If you look closely at the graphic that Mathis Tweeted you will notice that "@tipton.edits" is nowhere to be found in the graphic.

I posted in another thread that Joseph Tipton told me that he did an edit for Mathis "about a week ago."

I just asked Tipton about the graphic that Mathis Tweeted today and he said "He must've had a last second change of heart because it (the Tipton edit) was UCONN... lol."

That further confirms that things changed in the past several days moving Mathis away from Connecticut and to Rutgers.

You really have to wonder what in the blue hell happens in the last few days of these recruiting wars.

They just cannot seem to get a kid to yes.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Your blind optimism about the future is so divorced from reality it's nausea-inducing.
There's optimism and then there's realism. I may harp on certain negative aspects a lot but that's because I felt I have been forecasting the exact stuff we are seeing now for years now, but I agree that you can only say the same thing so many times before it gets repetitive so I haven't been as active lately, just watching from the stands.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I told Stainmaster what's going on and he still is playing this game. He likes playing the contrarian.

What, playing the game of not pretending the new hire is going to save the program?

Reaction Score
When all those lights on your car dashboard are flashing you don't just wish them away and keep driving. You take the car in to get fixed because the longer you wait the more screwed your car is.

It isn't Stairmaster's car though, it's Benedict's car. Maybe convincing Stairmaster that you are right will make you happy but it doesn't matter in reality to the situation.

Reaction Score
From Russ Woods:

Heard the same. ru made a monster push

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
When all those lights on your car dashboard are flashing you don't just wish them away and keep driving. You take the car in to get fixed because the longer you wait the more screwed your car is.

I'm not saying the car doesn't need to be fixed, but the fixes aren't going to eliminate all of the car's problems.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
It isn't Stairmaster's car though, it's Benedict's car. Maybe convincing Stairmaster that you are right will make you happy but it doesn't matter in reality to the situation.

Makai Ashton-Langford would be in Storrs attending summer session right now if Stainmaster wasn't so nice to Kevin Ollie on a message board this past winter.

Reaction Score
If RU made a strong late push what the hell was the UCONN staff doing? Christ you have to push to keep kids excited and not allow for doubt to creep in so they commit and you have to push to keep kids committed and exited after they sign as well.

It's like the worst relationship cultivation and management I've ever witnessed.

Almost mind boggling bad.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
MAL would be here this year if our head coach would do the damn job he's paid over 3 million dollars per year to do.
What isn't he doing? Everyone tiptoes around it. What is the deal?
I was gonna ask the same thing as @walker11. What is a monster push? Did SP calling him crying/begging?

Honestly this kid doesn't care about his future. He chose Rutgers. Like I said in the other thread. He's either scared about PT or wants to be the man. He's weak. We won't hear his name again.

Reaction Score
I was gonna ask the same thing as @walker11. What is a monster push? Did SP calling him crying/begging?

Honestly this kid doesn't care about his future. He chose Rutgers. Like I said in the other thread. He's either scared about PT or wants to be the man. He's weak. We won't hear his name again.
MAL committed and Ollie stopped recruiting him, which he has done with a bunch of other recruits. With the kind of season we were having and the stink that's all over Ollie, he was basically begging MAL to find another school.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's amazing how every kid these days is weak except for the ones that no one else is recruiting and we can get by simply making a phone call and offering them a scholarship.

You look stupid. Stop looking stupid.

Reaction Score
By the way it's too bad the hoops recruiting can't go the way of the football recruiting where we simply find out one day we get a recruit. Then we get to read up about him and enjoy it all.
Basketball it's months and months and years sometimes of drama much of it self induced I know.

Reaction Score
I've been telling people for a long time how screwed up things are and have been called all sorts of names for it.
Actually, we've been calling you all sorts of names for other reasons. ;)

Reaction Score
MAL committed and Ollie stopped recruiting him, which he has done with a bunch of other recruits. With the kind of season we were having and the stink that's all over Ollie, he was basically begging MAL to find another school.

Something certainly seems to be going on here but I don't buy this particular narrative.

I follow the recruiting posts pretty religiously and I saw plenty of posts last year about us going to see Sid Wilson. Which of course meant we were also going to see MAL.

I really think the MAL decommit was as much about realizing that AG was going to be in his class as anything else, with the Miller exit a good excuse.

Again, not saying nothing's wrong, just saying I doubt MAL's decommit was because KO didn't send him flowers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom