We can not close the deal with recruits | The Boneyard

We can not close the deal with recruits

Reaction Score
1 crappy few seasons
2 lack of nba development since ollie took over (i understand there are a few guys
3 conference
4 huge number of kids transferring
5 ollie is not the fatherly coach we developed our program on
6 serious negative recruiting

These are the few things my contacts have said why uconn is losing recruits

Reaction Score
1 crappy few seasons
2 lack of nba development since ollie took over (i understand there are a few guys
3 conference

And Rutgers is the antithesis to these problems?

Reaction Score
1 crappy few seasons
3 conference

A few of these factors seem very irrelevant when looking at the schools we have lost out to recently.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kids just don't want to play for this current staff in this current environment (conference, poor play, transfers). Everyone is just saying "show me something", including the UConn athletic director. Not sure if there's enough time though tbh.

Reaction Score
Kids just don't want to play for this current staff. Everyone is just saying "show me something", including the UConn athletic director. Not sure if there's enough time though tbh.
And for the kids who do want to, their parents don't.

Reaction Score
A few of these factors seem very irrelevant when looking at the schools we have lost out to recently.

Precisely why its so bad. We're not just losing to UK's & Duke's anymore. Rutgers & St. John's now. :eek:

Ollie lost his mojo when divorced, and the injuries last year were the nail in the coffee. Need an almost miracle season.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Precisely why its so bad. We're not just losing to UK's, & Duke's anymore. Rutgers & St. John's now. :eek:

Seriously. Who will be the next doormat that we lose a recruit to?

Reaction Score
1 crappy few seasons
3 conference

I think it's safe to say at this point that this season is CRITICAL for many reasons. Without some success on the court I don't see how Ollie survives. The program is teetering right now.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say at this point that this season is CRITICAL for many reasons. Without some success on the court I don't see how Ollie survives. The program is teetering right now.

Recruiting turned ugly with Glen Miller. If it remains ugly with Chillious, there's only one common thread.

If we don't win big games early, generate buzz, and kill it late in the recruiting process (since we sure as s*** aren't going to be killing it early, apparently), KO is gone.

Reaction Score
If I was a parent of a recruit I would reach out to the parents of the guys that transferred as well as MAL's parents. Imagine the earful they would dish.

Reaction Score
I still believe in Kevin Ollie. I still think he's the right person to lead UCONN. Winning will cure everything. Now, if he doesn't win this season recruiting will suffer even further and he will be given the pink slip.

Reaction Score
Like I said before, no big recruit is going to uconn under the current coaching regime until it shows it can win. Uconn has definitely lost some luster in the name. If we don't make the tourney this year ,which looks like it will be near impossible unless Jalen has a monster year, he should be shown the door.

At least we know the administration won't wait for us to fall of the cliff. This past receuiting class is embarrasing bad compared to ghr past. If Ollie doesn't make the tourney this year he is gone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rutgers hasn't been to the NCAA tournament since 1991 and St. John's has sucked pond water for a decade, so the 'we have to win first' angle is too played out.
Unfortunately we are also battling against perception of a bad conference coupled with parents that aren't falling in love with KO anymore.

Reaction Score
I still believe in Kevin Ollie. I still think he's the right person to lead UCONN. Winning will cure everything. Now, if he doesn't win this season recruiting will suffer even further and he will be given the pink slip.
Give me one good reason why you believe in Kevin Ollie. Secondly, that faith is so strong that you are willing to give him one year? This doesn't add up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Give me one good reason why you believe in Kevin Ollie. Secondly, that faith is so strong that you are willing to give him one year? This doesn't add up.

We get it.

No need to belabor the point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom