Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno knows already and have this shot

WOMEN'S HOOPS INKS FOUR IN EARLY SIGNING PERIOD
Coombs, Gordon, Espinoza-Hunter and Walker Sign NLIs Thursday
12236437.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I DEFINITELY CALLED IT! It became obvious to me a couple weeks ago. If any school can keep things quiet and professional, it's UCONN! Way to go! I am sooooooooooooooooo ecstatic right now!

Doesn't it feel good when you go out on a limb, make a call, and get it right? It's like falling out of a 3rd story window into a pool of water you didn't know was there. Sometimes you get em' right!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Geno knows already and have this shot

WOMEN'S HOOPS INKS FOUR IN EARLY SIGNING PERIOD
Coombs, Gordon, Espinoza-Hunter and Walker Sign NLIs Thursday
12236437.jpeg

This is going to be my new screen saver the rest of the year beginning right now. These 4 are going to help UConn win a lot of games the next 4 years.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Congrats on landing Ms. Walker. And good luck to her at UConn, both as a student and a ballplayer.
Look forward to competing on the floor whenever we're scheduled in the 2017-2018 year!

Thank you Dillon77. We appreciate it.

Reaction Score
Doesn't it feel good when you go out on a limb, make a call, and get it right? It's like falling out of a 3rd story window into a pool of water you didn't know was there. Sometimes you get em' right!!
Lol...good one!

Reaction Score
When Megan Walker thinks of her next school, the first word that comes to mind is "championships."

The No. 1 prospect in the nation for three years running announced Thursday that she is signing a national letter of intent to Connecticut, the national champion for four years running.

"It's a winning program," she said. "I'll be able to accomplish all my dreams."

Top-ranked prospect Walker commits to Huskies

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's official, Megan is coming to UConn

As I predicted in a post earlier today, note the time.
Everything that I can cross, is crossed. I'm an optimist. Why not us? We know a decision has been made days/weeks ago. We just don't know what it is.yet. She's coming to UConn!! I'm as far out on this limb as I can go on any prediction I'll make this year. Anyone care to join me?? :rolleyes:
What a way to begin the season. Damn this makes my day.Let's party EVERYBODY!!!!!! :D

Carnac, Today at 8:37 AM

Uncross the jewels Carnac. Torsion is very painful I'm told. :eek:

Reaction Score
This is going to be my new screen saver the rest of the year beginning right now. These 4 are going to help UConn win a lot of games the next 4 years.
Guess I will have to pick another one...Definitely thought about it as well!

Reaction Score
"He develops the best players," said Walker, who averaged 21.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.1 steals and 1.9 assists as a junior at Monacan. "I'm hoping to learn a lot from him."

Walker joins a class at Connecticut that includes three other top-40 recruits: Mikayla Coombs, a 5-10 guard ranked 14th in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100; Lexi Gordon, a 5-11 wing ranked 29th; and Andra Espinoza-Hunter, a 5-10 wing ranked 37th.

With the addition of Walker, the UConn class is expected to be ranked No. 1 when the final class rankings are released next week. The Huskies' class was ranked third -- behind Louisville and Stanford -- coming into the early signing period.

It would be the first time since 2012 that the No. 1 class resides in Connecticut. That 2012 group featured a few names you may be familiar with: Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson and Morgan Tuck.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
7 number 1s in the last 12 years. Have to say I as surprised by her flat affect on ESPN. I think the decision making was hard on her judging from her flat affect in the ESPN interview. Did she say anything about her future team mates in any interview?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When Megan Walker thinks of her next school, the first word that comes to mind is "championships."

The No. 1 prospect in the nation for three years running announced Thursday that she is signing a national letter of intent to Connecticut, the national champion for four years running.

"It's a winning program," she said. "I'll be able to accomplish all my dreams."

Top-ranked prospect Walker commits to Huskies
OK - I am seriously out of it - I completely missed the news that Gabby Douglas had sign with Uconn to play basketball - I am a little shocked ... great athlete, but maybe a little short for D1 basketball!

The decision didn't come easily. Walker said a lot of factors led her to Storrs -- the campus (she has already visited a handful of times), the players (she's especially excited to play alongside Kia Nurse and Gabby Douglas), the coaches and the pipeline to success after college. Walker, who plans to major in either business or criminology, said she's excited to play for Geno Auriemma.

Reaction Score
OK - I am seriously out of it - I completely missed the news that Gabby Douglas had sign with Uconn to play basketball - I am a little shocked ... great athlete, but maybe a little short for D1 basketball!

The decision didn't come easily. Walker said a lot of factors led her to Storrs -- the campus (she has already visited a handful of times), the players (she's especially excited to play alongside Kia Nurse and Gabby Douglas), the coaches and the pipeline to success after college. Walker, who plans to major in either business or criminology, said she's excited to play for Geno Auriemma.

UConn doesn't offer a criminology major either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET