Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
d60d8774024844028d0f6a706700d678.jpg

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo......."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't offer a criminology major either
I thought one of our recent graduates was doing a criminology course of study - maybe it was a individualized major? I remember a story about her traveling off campus to work with prison or law enforcement somewhere.

Reaction Score
DOH! I was browsing ESPN and spotted the news there and got so excited that I damn near lost control.:rolleyes:

Let me get a head start on the future. Fast forward 365 days or so. Will we be doing an exuberant encore for Sam Brunelle? Yikes! :eek:
Doubtful since she's in the class of 2019.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well its safe to say turn out the lights the party is over. More win streaks and more NCs are on order. The great ones will come and become unselfish role models and stars. One big difference at UConn. We have stars. Not shooting stars but real stars. As I had said in the past. Geno reminds me of T Boone Pickens and every body else is Slim Pickens. lol

Reaction Score
Geno knows already and have this shot

WOMEN'S HOOPS INKS FOUR IN EARLY SIGNING PERIOD
Coombs, Gordon, Espinoza-Hunter and Walker Sign NLIs Thursday
12236437.jpeg
if i was a very tall and talented basketball player that was graduating high school in 2018 or 19, I would want to be in this picture

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
OK - I am seriously out of it - I completely missed the news that Gabby Douglas had sign with Uconn to play basketball - I am a little shocked ... great athlete, but maybe a little short for D1 basketball!

The decision didn't come easily. Walker said a lot of factors led her to Storrs -- the campus (she has already visited a handful of times), the players (she's especially excited to play alongside Kia Nurse and Gabby Douglas), the coaches and the pipeline to success after college. Walker, who plans to major in either business or criminology, said she's excited to play for Geno Auriemma.
Yeah, but with Gabby Douglas the half time show with the trampoline dunkers could be taken to a whole 'nother level.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She's intelligent, charming, funny... and I hear she's pretty good at basketball... what's not to like?

Sounds like Texas was her #2 school.

She did all but come out and say so, mentioning "Austin, Texas" and "Storrs, Connecticut" but no "South Bend, Indiana."

As a native Texan and a fan of Karen Aston's rebuilding job, I would've actually been happy to see her in burnt orange. Not so happy if she'd gone Irish.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Some of the comments posted here in the last hour are priceless. Let me take a deep breath, set my "victory" cigar, and my glass of champagne down for a moment. I want to offer my sincere congratulations to Geno and his entire staff for all of the hard work, and countless hours of labor and attention to detail, they put into recruiting Megan Walker. The recruiting game is a jungle. It's Dog eat dog. All's fair. No holds bared. Only the strongest survive. They did their job. They got the grand prize. A long standing ovation to Geno and his staff on a job well done.!!!!!!!

On the merry-go-round of recruiting, WE got the platinum ring. The balance of power has just shifted back to UConn for the 2017-2018 season and beyond. I'll repeat what Taurasi said 2 years ago: "If you're going to beat UConn (and win a championship), you'd better do it THIS year. Because next year, they're going to be very very hard to beat" :cool:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose my mind, and I think I like it :). Welcome to UConn Megan!! Andy; Lexi; Mikayla and Megan....what a perfect combination.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm surprised. Good for Holly.

Continuing that Oregon Trail opened up by Tennessee with Russell and Nared.

If DeShields and Russell both come back for their senior year next year (and are healthy), next year could be a big jump up for the Vols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom