Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Megan! I'll definitely drive down to see you play this winter!

I'm surprised that ND finished 3rd in this. And that they didn't get Westbrook either.

Someone asked about how good Megan is. It's hard to say, and it depends on how hard she works and what Geno teaches her. I would say that she is not at the Diana/Stewie/Maya level. That is not a slight to Meg in the least. I'd put her close to the Tina/Kaleena/Lou/Sveta level. She reminds me of a taller, not quite as explosive version of Jewell Loyd. My expectation for Meg is 2,000+ career points and 2 AA selections. I think multiple championships are certainly possible. The 2024 Olympic team is within her reach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Continuing that Oregon Trail opened up by Tennessee with Russell and Nared.

If DeShields and Russell both come back for their senior year next year (and are healthy), next year could be a big jump up for the Vols.
Yeah, but I don't expect Diamond to return.

Reaction Score
Welcome, Megan! I'll definitely drive down to see you play this winter!

I'm surprised that ND finished 3rd in this. And that they didn't get Westbrook either.

Someone asked about how good Megan is. It's hard to say, and it depends on how hard she works and what Geno teaches her. I would say that she is not at the Diana/Stewie/Maya level. That is not a slight to Meg in the least. I'd put her close to the Tina/Kaleena/Lou/Sveta level. She reminds me of a taller, not quite as explosive version of Jewell Loyd. My expectation for Meg is 2,000+ career points and 2 AA selections. I think multiple championships are certainly possible. The 2024 Olympic team is within her reach.
I'm expecting Lou to ask her out to dinner when she's deep in Geno's doghouse and tell her that Stewie did that for her and that she will do it for the next HS POY, and that all will be good, so long as she plays defense UConn style...

Reaction Score
15016195_1137011446333910_2397166828289741872_o.jpg

Joevacc

Vacc Man
Reaction Score
It's official, Megan is coming to UConn

As I predicted in a post earlier today, note the time.
Everything that I can cross, is crossed. I'm an optimist. Why not us? We know a decision has been made days/weeks ago. We just don't know what it is.yet. She's coming to UConn!! I'm as far out on this limb as I can go on any prediction I'll make this year. Anyone care to join me?? :rolleyes:
What a way to begin the season. Damn this makes my day.Let's party EVERYBODY!!!!!! :D

Carnac, Today at 8:37 AM
Thanks Megan for choosing UCONN. Great decision. You will love it here and we all will love you for being here also. You are going to have a great and brilliant future here at UCONN. And we will keep on winning. Thanks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm expecting Lou to ask her out to dinner when she's deep in Geno's doghouse and tell her that Stewie did that for her and that she will do it for the next HS POY, and that all will be good, so long as she plays defense UConn style...
Megan will have some tough days, but she'll be better off for it. She has AA, NPOY, #1 draft pick, and Olympic potential. Geno is not easy on kids with that type of talent.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Megan will have some tough days, but she'll be better off for it. She has AA, NPOY, #1 draft pick, and Olympic potential. Geno is not easy on kids with that type of talent.
Everyone has seen that look on Danger's face after the latest practices. Expect that look on MW's face, perhaps her entire frosh year. The new/old saying, pressure makes diamonds.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Junior Season - Megan Walker highlights - Hudl

Found this on the google. I'm sure this is somewhere on her recruiting thread but I figured it would help here.

It's hard to tell from a highlight video but I don't think I've seen another one as impressive as this. She looks to be a very complete player.
Thanks! Megan has crazy skills, especially for her age. I see some of Maya and Jewell in her game.

Reaction Score
What is most comforting from her interview above is that it seems clear that her dad helped her make her decision, separating all the over-the-top recruiting glitz from TX and ND from Geno's no BS straight-talk. That will help her a lot when she calls home her first year, a bit overwhelmed by all the hard work, and her dad will remind her that that's why she chose UConn: to become the greatest amateur basketball player in the world a couple of years down the line.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Dear Experts: How do things break out with the class regarding positions? I seem to have heard that MG is thought of as a shooting guard, but at that height wouldn't she be primarily a wing? And isn't Lexi thought of as a physical player capable of playing in the front court?

Inform me, please.

Reaction Score
I think the 2 and 3 are interchangeable and which one she is will depend on who else is on the court. From the videos I've seen she has a decent set of post moves and rebounds well. I would say she could play the 4 in a small lineup.

Reaction Score
Thanks! Megan has crazy skills, especially for her age. I see some of Maya and Jewell in her game.
I actually came up with both those names as well. She has a good looking shot. No one shoots like Maya but she looks to have a better dribble drive game than Maya had when she came to Uconn. She looks to have a stronger build than Jewel but I also like that comparison.

Reaction Score
I thought one of our recent graduates was doing a criminology course of study - maybe it was a individualized major? I remember a story about her traveling off campus to work with prison or law enforcement somewhere.

are you sure she wasn't just taking a road trip to ULouisville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom