Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some of the comments posted here in the last hour are priceless. Let me take a deep breath, set my "victory" cigar, and my glass of champagne down for a moment. I want to offer my sincere congratulations to Geno and his entire staff for all of the hard work, and countless hours of labor and attention to detail, they put into recruiting Megan Walker. The recruiting game is a jungle. It's Dog eat dog. All's fair. No holds bared. Only the strongest survive. They did their job. They got the grand prize. A long standing ovation to Geno and his staff on a job well done.!!!!!!!

On the merry-go-round of recruiting, WE got the platinum ring. The balance of power has just shifted back to UConn for the 2017-2018 season and beyond. I'll repeat what Taurasi said 2 years ago: "If you're going to beat UConn (and win a championship), you'd better do it THIS year. Because next year, they're going to be very very hard to beat" :cool:

Actually, what she said was :"Because next year Stewie is going to be elite." But, I like it your way too.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Actually, what she said was :"Because next year Stewie is going to be elite." But, I like it your way too.

I was quoting her from memory, which is fading the older I get. That was the gist of it. UConn is going to be scary good next year.

It will be back to business as usual. Next year, Geno is losing two players, and gaining six. Studs everyone of them. Not too many teams are going to want to play UConn in the preseason, and nobody is going to want to be in their NCAA region.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks gang, I've had some LOL fun on here tonight. Some of you guys in here are priceless. :)
Carnac out.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I think this will be a fairly decent class. OK, OK. Seriously, does Megan's signing end recruitment for class of '17? Could her signing lead to another?

Reaction Score
It's official, Megan is coming to UConn

As I predicted in a post earlier today, note the time.
Everything that I can cross, is crossed. I'm an optimist. Why not us? We know a decision has been made days/weeks ago. We just don't know what it is.yet. She's coming to UConn!! I'm as far out on this limb as I can go on any prediction I'll make this year. Anyone care to join me?? :rolleyes:
What a way to begin the season. Damn this makes my day.Let's party EVERYBODY!!!!!! :D

Carnac, Today at 8:37 AM
Yea, I knew she was coming all along.
Ok, I confess I had given up on her. Welcome home Megan!!!!!

Reaction Score
“I want to play for Geno,” Walker said. “I want him to teach me things that no one else can.” - MW
Well, what he's going to teach her to do is fail, suffer, learn to do. Rinse, repeat.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
You are doing all right. Every day I come on here to be surprised by what I said yesterday.

It could be worse. I read a post that impresses me and then think, "I wish I had said that." Then I realize that I did say that. At that point I get confused worse when trying to figure out whether I should then "like" my own post.

Reaction Score
Adding incoming freshman Coombs, Gordon, Walker, and Espinoza-Hunter and transfers Camara and Stevens next year, will make that team one of the deepest and most talented in UConn's history.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was quoting her from memory, which is fading the older I get.

As I too remember. Now, what exactly were we talking about?

Reaction Score
Dear Experts: How do things break out with the class regarding positions? I seem to have heard that MG is thought of as a shooting guard, but at that height wouldn't she be primarily a wing? And isn't Lexi thought of as a physical player capable of playing in the front court?

Inform me, please.

Lexi can play small forward as she is a strong, hard nosed defender and rebounder and can score inside or out

Reaction Score
I think this will be a fairly decent class. OK, OK. Seriously, does Megan's signing end recruitment for class of '17? Could her signing lead to another?

I believe that's it for '17 but MW's signing certainly may help attract '18-'19 recruits

Reaction Score
Nice article from Jim Fuller (The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville)

Walker, a pretty humble kid, actually made the announcement with a bit of flair as she got up walked around a table at Monacan High School and began popping balloons with the colors of her two other finalists - Notre Dame and Texas. That left only blue and white balloons remaining and with friends and onlookers shrieking with delight, she took off a jacket to reveal that she was wearing a UConn shirt.

Add in Stevens, who I would have ranked among the top five college players in the country had she remained at Duke, and Camara and it's pretty clear that opponents might want to get to UConn this season because next year's squad is going to be deep, talented and versatile.

Oh, it should also be noted that UConn is also very much in the mix with Christyn Williams and Charli Collier, two of the top prospects in the Class of 2018.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Top ranked recruit Megan Walker signs with UConn Huskies

Check it out. Her heart was in Austin, her head in Storrs. We'll see how it goes when she isn't the bell of the Ball. Hope it works out.
Actually I think it was the other way 'round. I think she saw a bevy of young ladies her size going to The UConn, the meh campus and arena. But the opportunity to play for the best, camaraderie and family atmosphere, and nearness to her parents and friends moved her heart. I think the beautiful Texas campus, nicer weather, and the opportunity to be the belle of the ball moved her head. Her heart is here in the east, her head said go west young lady.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
10 championships? Someone needs to catch up.

ELEVEN rings...idiot! :)

If you read the article once again more slowly you will realize he says "her sophomore season" when Geno had 10 rings. This is correct as Geno did only have 10 as of her sophomore campaign. He won his 11th this passed season, when she was a junior. The author of the article did not forget one championship let's let him keep his limbs.

Who knows, maybe he'll have #12 by the time she is a freshman (fingers crosses)

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
yes-man1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads