Wagner Bryant crowd fight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wagner Bryant crowd fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't say I've given Bryant University basketball (or the entire university for that matter) one second of thought before these past couple days. That being said, I am now actively rooting for them to get blown out of the gym in the first round (pending their opponent of course) and this dude to be completely shut down.
Them against Duke would be the dilemma of the century. If you think Kiss has an outsized ego now, taking down K in the last game of his coaching career would turn the kid into a (bigger) monster. That said, I'd still be 100% (eh, 99%) rooting for Bryant in that one.

Reaction Score
Them against Duke would be the dilemma of the century. If you think Kiss has an outsized ego now, taking down K in the last game of his coaching career would turn the kid into a (bigger) monster. That said, I'd still be 100% (eh, 99%) rooting for Bryant in that one.

That would be an awesome thing to happen to Kiss and Duke at the same time.

Reaction Score
Bryant could end up playing in the First Four vs another 16 seed. Either way I hope they get the crap kicked outta them.

And no, Kiss is the kind of player I would never ever ever EVER want on my team. Bryant can have that punk.

Reaction Score
I was watching some of it last night and he's so unlikeable it's very hard to explain. I remember him at RU thought he was a pretty nice player had some potential. He's obviously become a very good player but by no means does his talent exceed his arrogance. I mean flexing after 70% of your baskets, pushups after another and blowing kisses all the time. Wow he can't get shutdown hard enough in the round of 64 for me.

Reaction Score

How can he turn into a bigger monster? Kid isn't playing in the NBA. Can one be a monster playing in the eastern slovakian league between wrestling practice and the women's intramural volleyball game?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Wagner Bryant

Law firm??
CPA????
Third generation rich kid who site on board of local arts council?
Smart ass C- student at prep school who gets good drugs???
Burner account for Winston Baldry

Reaction Score
He dunks the ball and then at the 2:30 mark the ref and coach both say something to him. I wonder what they said. I'd really like to get Coach Pikiell's take. I'm not going to the archives but I'll bet he wasn't as successful against B1G competition.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had to choose between UConn and Bryant in 1984. Visited Bryant and realized it was smaller than my High School. One building then, with lockers. It would be like going from HS back to Jr. High.

It's a perfectly ok business focused school. I know several Bryant grads. Nobody pays the list price there, they give out scholarships to most everyone. And for @husky429 it isn't a SLAC. It's a poor man's version or Bentley or Babson, very business focused. So the grads actually do fairly well.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lol. It isn’t personal. I am related to many of these people. Boston area people are often edgy and say what’s on their mind. They are great at talking smack, particularly surrounding sports.
As someone living about 10-15 minutes from Bryant on the MA side, Providence people are like Boston people but with an inferiority complex. They are a fight waiting to happen. It's the inferiority complex that escalates things when they are issuing a beat-down like this on the court.

Reaction Score
He dunks the ball and then at the 2:30 mark the ref and coach both say something to him. I wonder what they said. I'd really like to get Coach Pikiell's take. I'm not going to the archives but I'll bet he wasn't as successful against B1G competition.

This is the type of fantastically talented kid whose parents should have put a boot in his ass (metaphorically or, if necessary, literally) the first time that arrogance started coming out when he was 8, 10, or whenever. Instead they’ve likely been fan-boying and feeding it until it’s grown to the point of no return. I’m not sure there’s an easy way to fix an AH like that once he’s in his 20’s (the Marines? LOL).

Reaction Score
Bryant, Quinnipiac, UHart, Fairfield, Sacred Heart, etc all just exist for parents who don’t want to tell their friends that their kids are at state school.
Or maybe their kid applied to both a state school and one of the schools listed here, got into both, and their kid chose the state school as the better fit for them? This thread contains some of the dumbest, most judgement things I’ve ever read. Maybe not all mommys and daddys choose the school for their kid? Maybe they preferred the smaller setting? Moronic.

Reaction Score
It's terrible, horrible - a disgrace to the game. But yeah, anyways I watched the whole thing. Twice.

A better view:

I love the shirtless dude shoving the USA jersey off him thinking he’s trying to hold him back. Really my guy is just dazed & confused trying to stand up

Reaction Score
Ironically, sounds a lot like DH. Not exactly the model of maturity.
Does Dan let kids flex and engage with the fans, yes

If you think he’s going to let them do that and give up points as a result… you haven’t been paying attention

Reaction Score
I spent a year at CCSU for a different program (construction management). There was no comparison academically. Bryant has better, more attentive faculty and offered a far more practical, useful and technical education. They also required 3 times the work, particularly in terms of writing papers and doing projects. The core curriculum was far more demanding for math and science. Bryant also required quite a bit more work than UConn did in my experience. Part of the reason I chose Bryant at the time was that almost half of my MBA requirements were completed upon graduation. Some of Bryant’s Actuarial graduates are among the most successful in the industry. There are many, many wildly successful Bryant grads that could have gone just about anywhere.

There’s some really bad takes in here. Even saying Bryant is a poor man’s Babson/Bentley. I chose Bryant over those schools for various reasons and it wasn’t a shocking decision at the time. Bryant was beautiful and clean. Bentley was a dump back then. I should have gone to Babson in retrospect, but at the time my decision wasn’t outrageous at all. Bryant became a Quinnipiac in the eyes of many when they started offering lots of Liberal Arts majors and decided to grow the school into a multi discipline university with D1 sports. It is still a very good business school and continues to get many accolades for the business school and its ROI.

Reaction Score
I spent a year at CCSU for a different program. There was no comparison academically. Bryant has better, more attentive faculty and offered a far more practical, useful and technical education. They also required 3 times the work, particularly in terms of writing papers and doing projects. The core curriculum was far more demanding for math and science. Bryant also required quite a bit more work than UConn did. Part of the reason I chose Bryant at the time was that almost half of my MBA requirements were completed upon graduation. Some of Bryant’s Actuarial graduates are among the most successful in the industry. There are many, many wildly successful Bryant grads.

There’s some really bad takes in here. Even saying Bryant is a poor man’s Babson/Bentley. I chose Bryant over those schools for various reasons and it wasn’t a shocking decision. Bryant was beautiful and clean. Bentley was a dump back then. I should have gone to Babson in retrospect, but at the time my decision wasn’t outrageous at all. Bryant became a Quinnipiac in the eyes of many when they started offering lots of Liberal Arts majors and decided to grow the school into a multi discipline university with D1 sports. It is still a very good business school and continues to get many accolades for the business school and the ROI.
This place is littered with bad takes, why would this thread be different?

Reaction Score
Does Dan let kids flex and engage with the fans, yes

If you think he’s going to let them do that and give up points as a result… you haven’t been paying attention
Does Dan engage with fans when taunted, and act like a whiney child in general? Yep. Does he set a good example of how to keep your emotions in check? Nope.

Reaction Score
I had to choose between UConn and Bryant in 1984. Visited Bryant and realized it was smaller than my High School. One building then, with lockers. It would be like going from HS back to Jr. High.

It's a perfectly ok business focused school. I know several Bryant grads. Nobody pays the list price there, they give out scholarships to most everyone. And for @husky429 it isn't a SLAC. It's a poor man's version or Bentley or Babson, very business focused. So the grads actually do fairly well.

You're right. I still don't think it offers much more than CCSU for business or any other degree. I agree "perfectly okay" is a good way to put it.

Reaction Score
Does Dan engage with fans when taunted, and act like a whiney child in general? Yep. Does he set a good example of how to keep your emotions in check? Nope.
Hurley may have some issues keeping his emotions in check, but we haven't had any discipline issues with players

Reaction Score
I spent a year at CCSU for a different program (construction management). There was no comparison academically. Bryant has better, more attentive faculty and offered a far more practical, useful and technical education. They also required 3 times the work, particularly in terms of writing papers and doing projects. The core curriculum was far more demanding for math and science. Bryant also required quite a bit more work than UConn did in my experience. Part of the reason I chose Bryant at the time was that almost half of my MBA requirements were completed upon graduation. Some of Bryant’s Actuarial graduates are among the most successful in the industry. There are many, many wildly successful Bryant grads that could have gone just about anywhere.

There’s some really bad takes in here. Even saying Bryant is a poor man’s Babson/Bentley. I chose Bryant over those schools for various reasons and it wasn’t a shocking decision at the time. Bryant was beautiful and clean. Bentley was a dump back then. I should have gone to Babson in retrospect, but at the time my decision wasn’t outrageous at all. Bryant became a Quinnipiac in the eyes of many when they started offering lots of Liberal Arts majors and decided to grow the school into a multi discipline university with D1 sports. It is still a very good business school and continues to get many accolades for the business school and its ROI.

Even kids with poor parents are paying 32k to go to this school. People with parents making 110k+ (most) are paying 42k or more. The school is ridiculously expensive for what you get.

I'm glad you had a good experience there, though. I can understand why you're reading to die on this hill. I respect standing by your alma mater even if I disagree.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley may have some issues keeping his emotions in check, but we haven't had any discipline issues with players
None? Bouknight? No secret I love our players, but not a fan of DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom