Wagner Bryant crowd fight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wagner Bryant crowd fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
100%. The Bryants of the world exist because there's still enough people with enough money whose kids can't get into UConn or Trinity. The American college and employment system is totally broken.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I saw your brawl with "long Island Tony" on Twitter. That was just as fierce. Ol Tony starred swingin at you from the get go. (Your tweet was a lead search on this topic just so you don't think I stalk you)
Might as well hang me now, I’ve grown into a Twitter idiot.

I will say the spaces are addicting.

Reaction Score
Never mind - it is a 100% the Bryant fans / players.

Crazy how you can see the crimson bloom spread around his nose and mouth in the moments after the punch. On TV, there was a shot of that kid standing in the aisle full-on bloodied.

I was really concerned that the Bryant fans were going to disregard the AD’s instructions, which would have put the fans and Wagner players in a dangerous spot. Thankfully, things didn’t get chippy in the closing moments. I thought Grasso could have cleared the bench when play resumed. Kiss going to the hole with 3+ minutes remaining was kind of bush league IMO.

Reaction Score

Disagree, the Wagner crowd was clearly the group that turned around and escalated it. The kid in the USA jersey got kicked out. No matter what you think of Bryant (we're probably all in agreement there), it was just kids getting ready to go to the dance, they were singing "Goodbye", etc. Game's been over since the first 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
Disagree, the Wagner crowd was clearly the group that turned around and escalated it. The kid in the USA jersey got kicked out. No matter what you think of Bryant (we're probably all in agreement there), it was just kids getting ready to go to the dance, they were singing "Goodbye", etc. Game's been over since the first 5 minutes.
That’s a strange take. How would anyone watching on ESPN know who escalated it?

Reaction Score

You knew that from the tv screen?

It seems insane to me that someone saw fit to put the Wagner players’ families directly next to a bunch of drunk dipshits from Bryant.

What’s Grosso’s story? His press conference vibe is “I do a little mortgage fraud and a little bit of identity theft when I can find the time.” (He looks like a good chunk of my family so I feel okay saying this.). He seems like he’d be in Jordan Belfort’s crew.

Reaction Score
That’s a strange take. How would anyone watching on ESPN know who escalated it?

Seems like there was a lot going on during the game that lead up to this. The crowd was super rowdy, stuff going on - on the court.

Reaction Score
Not much of a fight but Wagner still got the s^^t kicked out of them.

Reaction Score
That Kiss kid from Bryant is annoying as all get out
basketball nomad - from the Bronx - played at 4 HS, then Quinnipiac and Rutgers before Bryant. Leads the nation in scoring.

Reaction Score
You knew that from the tv screen?

It seems insane to me that someone saw fit to put the Wagner players’ families directly next to a bunch of drunk dipshits from Bryant.

What’s Grosso’s story? His press conference vibe is “I do a little mortgage fraud and a little bit of identity theft when I can find the time.” (He looks like a good chunk of my family so I feel okay saying this.). He seems like he’d be in Jordan Belfort’s crew.
Definitely doing the Belfort thing selling you every company listed on the pink sheets. Throw in a bit of “I’ve got a great deal for you on the extended warranty” and I think you’ve got Grasso figured out.

Reaction Score
Bryant hasn’t been a commuter school for locals since the early 70’s. It’s actually one of the schools where most people live on campus and has been for 45+ years. Bryant was highly rated and competed with Babson and Bentley directly for years. What changed was the addition of multiple liberal arts majors to the curriculum. When they did that it was to broaden the student base as the president realized the future would have to be as a university that could serve more people. Enrollment dropped quite a bit during the late 90’s. Back then just the math requirements at Bryant scared people away with Calculus 2 being required to graduate. Business grads of Bryant do very well and it is almost always on best value lists. I have one of my degrees from there, so I have some bias. It’s a great school and to this day I have access to resources and faculty for advice and business consulting, as do all graduates. They did some cutting edge things there. It was one of the first schools to have a fully operating trading room simulator.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Bryant hasn’t been a commuter school for locals since the early 70’s. It’s actually one of the schools where most people live on campus and has been for 45+ years. Bryant was highly rated and competed with Babson and Bentley directly for years. What changed was the addition of multiple liberal arts majors to the curriculum. When they did that it was to broaden the student base as the president realized the future would have to be as a university that could serve more people. Enrollment dropped quite a bit during the late 90’s. Back then just the math requirements at Bryant scared people away with Calculus 2 being required to graduate. Business grads of Bryant do very well and it is almost always on best value lists. I have one of my degrees from there, so I have some bias. It’s a great school and to this day I have access to resources and faculty for advice and business consulting, as do all graduates. They did some cutting edge things there. It was one of the first schools to have a fully operating trading room simulator.

It costs 65k/yr how is it a great value?

Reaction Score

Kid got put to sleep with a weak straight right hand from a dude 2 feet below him that landed on the pinky. That's an immediate expulsion from the school in my book. We need to be better than that.

Dude who threw the punch dipped pretty quick? Probably hurt his hand. Landing punches with no wraps hurts like a mother

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was the Wagner coach wearing a jersey?!
Oddly enough he wore a white home jersey for one of his players that tore his ACL.

Even more odd was the fact that he swapped to a green jersey at halftime when his team was getting destroyed by Peter Kiss.

Reaction Score
Seemed like more of a Wagner problem. The Bryant kids were just taunting. One kid whipped his drink at the Wagner fans after a while. Didn’t seem like the Bryant kids were looking for a fight so much as antagonizing. Lots of semi-obnoxious Boston area kids at Bryant that are great at talking smack and getting under your skin.
Yes, I’m sure the kids that started it had to be from the Boston area. What does the Boston area have anything to do with what happened? I’m sure there are zero “semi-obnoxious” kids from where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom