Wagner Bryant crowd fight | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Wagner Bryant crowd fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are just being a ignorant ace. You don't know and you spout nonsense. It is useless explaining real life experiences of those of us who were there. Because you know it all ... you know-nothing.
Know it all? Go look in a mirror.

Ignorant? Why do you continue to ignore the evidence I shared?

Probably because it is very descriptive of the school’s perception at the time.
But sure, your calculus course was tougher at UConn than it was at UCLA so therefore a decade of data is completely irrelevant.

Ignorant indeed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When people start throwing around “class” you know they have nothing to say that’s worth listening to.
Hmmmm. The truth hurts sometimes, especially when it doesn’t fit your agenda. Debate and argument is far more interesting when the opposing side has the intellect to make a counter argument vs. some BS statement with nothing to back it up. Why not defend the guy you support instead and prove me wrong? Am I just making stuff up about DH?

Reaction Score
I am guessing you are younger than 50. Because that you cut & paste is a Political statement. Someone is pumping up their shirt or blouse and making this on data boosted by state legislature funding: which we know rose from the push from the Calhoun/Auriemma buzz.

You don't remember the guys who came back from Vietnam that we met when we arrived. It is total BS from you ... because you weren't there. You dare to tell Pharmacy kids - a school that was top 5 in the 70s that it was a safety? You accept this like a putz talking about Jewish lasers. The Finance staff was Nationally recognized in the late 70s. The strong Psychology department; the rising of Education to Neag; the high regard of the Nurses produced. On & on.

There is NO doubt that the campus became run down and had very little capital budget for decades. Guess what? You will not find peer Universities spending money during that period either. It was not something politicians or educators prioritized. Simple test: go number the major 100 universities who built new arenas like Gampel between 1970 and 1990; it wasn't a period anyone was building. UConn - to make you laugh - royally screwed up on a Library and wrapped it in plastic for 15 years.

Go ahead and accept your view. Seems like we are in an age of guys living in their own Private self absorbed space shooting at whatever history they can make up.

As soon as I saw "Jewish space lasers" I knew this post was a winner.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm. The truth hurts sometimes, especially when it doesn’t fit your agenda. Debate and argument is far more interesting when the opposing side has the intellect to make a counter argument vs. some BS statement with nothing to back it up. Why not defend the guy you support instead and prove me wrong? Am I just making stuff up about DH?

I believe Thomas Paine once said "Arguing with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" or something along those lines. Choose to apply that quote to yourself, or to Ern--whatever seems prescient.

Reaction Score
Know it all? Go look in a mirror.

Ignorant? Why do you continue to ignore the evidence I shared?

Probably because it is very descriptive of the school’s perception at the time.
But sure, your calculus course was tougher at UConn than it was at UCLA so therefore a decade of data is completely irrelevant.

Ignorant indeed.

Arguing with him is a waste of time. Everyone knows UConn used to be a safety school for the vast majority of majors/programs, and is now much more highly regarded. That's a GOOD thing for us. Flagship state schools down south are a privelege to attend: UNC, UF, UVA, UT... kids aggressively pursue those schools down south.

We don't really have the equivalent up north, but UConn is getting close. My fiance went to UNC Chapel Hill for her BA and her law degree. For pretty intelligent kids in that state, EVERYONE applies to UNC and Duke--it's just what you do.

My fiance was accepted to PhD programs at Georgetown, UVA, FSU, BU, Duke and a few other schools but chose UConn because their program is more highly ranked in her field. 40 years ago that wasn't the caliber of student we were attracting, whether people want to admit it or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco