Wagner Bryant crowd fight | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wagner Bryant crowd fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Dan engage with fans when taunted, and act like a whiney child in general? Yep. Does he set a good example of how to keep your emotions in check? Nope.
Or maybe their kid applied to both a state school and one of the schools listed here, got into both, and their kid chose the state school as the better fit for them? This thread contains some of the dumbest, most judgement things I’ve ever read. Maybe not all mommys and daddys choose the school for their kid? Maybe they preferred the smaller setting? Moronic.
Imagine complaining about the takes in this thread and then having a take like this. Guess we found the XL heckler.

Reaction Score
Imagine complaining about the takes in this thread and then having a take like this. Guess we found the XL heckler.
The XL Heckler….sounds like the nemesis to a superhero. I like it!

Reaction Score
It's terrible, horrible - a disgrace to the game. But yeah, anyways I watched the whole thing. Twice.

A better view:

Is it wrong to like, watch this on a loop for 10 minutes straight, like an amateur Zabgruder film? Should I not do that?

Reaction Score
How about a couple feet off of it?
Exactly. Rose colored glasses. No, you can’t have your eye on everything 24x7, but in a position of leadership you are held accountable, and it’s a reflection of your leadership regardless. True far beyond coaching.

TJT

Reaction Score
As someone living about 10-15 minutes from Bryant on the MA side, Providence people are like Boston people but with an inferiority complex. They are a fight waiting to happen. It's the inferiority complex that escalates things when they are issuing a beat-down like this on the court.

88% of Bryant's enrollment is from outside RI. Northeastern states such as MA, NY, and CT each make up a bigger portion of Bryant's student body than RI.

Reaction Score
I'll let you in on a little secret. UConn was a POS backup school in the 80s and 90s too. It wasn't until the teams started winning and the state spent $1 Billion dollars to improve the school that it started to turn into a top public university.

You are AH. It simply is not true and a far far variance from most of our reality. The University was top notch for those who applied themselves and worked. Could you spend 7 years in the Jungle? Sure. Today's UCONN is a direct descendant of the students from the 1970 era.

I have degrees from UCONN & UCLA. I guarantee you the rigor of a UCONN degree was greater; in most disciplines. Why? I rarely had 200-500 student lecture hall classes in Storrs past the first year; in English, they demanded I write ... a lot. The calculus required for my degree was stiffer than UCLA. The Professors were excellent. UCLA IS THE NUMBER ONE PUBLIC. I knew the contrast.

Reaction Score
There might be one or two people who haven’t heard you mention it yet. Maybe work it into another thread if you can.
Just refuting what another poster said about no discipline issues under Hurley. Sorry to point out the truth and give your thin skin another boo boo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It wasn't a very good fight. Give me Perdo versus Zimmer any day.
Wait, the old Saturday Night Live announcer had a fight with Zim?

Reaction Score
88% of Bryant's enrollment is from outside RI. Northeastern states such as MA, NY, and CT each make up a bigger portion of Bryant's student body than RI.
That's because the locals go to ccri. :D

1646859740637.png

Reaction Score
Just refuting what another poster said about no discipline issues under Hurley. Sorry to point out the truth and give your thin skin another boo boo.
Discipline, as in, bad behavior on the court. Bouk has some off the court issues, but I don't remember him, or any other players in the Hurley era, showing bad sportsmanship.

Hurley can be fairly criticized for lots of things, but we don't see clownish on court behavior like Kiss'

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
and in the early/mid 80s. Everyone's safety school.

You are AH. It simply is not true and a far far variance from most of our reality. The University was top notch for those who applied themselves and worked. Could you spend 7 years in the Jungle? Sure. Today's UCONN is a direct descendant of the students from the 1970 era.

I have degrees from UCONN & UCLA. I guarantee you the rigor of a UCONN degree was greater; in most disciplines. Why? I rarely had 200-500 student lecture hall classes in Storrs past the first year; in English, they demanded I write ... a lot. The calculus required for my degree was stiffer than UCLA. The Professors were excellent. UCLA IS THE NUMBER ONE PUBLIC. I knew the contrast.
Agreed. I was accepted by some pretty good engineering programs out of high school, but UConn rejected me. I would have had to start as a business or English major, or something like that, and work my way into the engineering school. (I elected to go to another engineering school for 1.5 years until UConn accepted me - hence the handle)

Reaction Score
Discipline, as in, bad behavior on the court. Bouk has some off the court issues, but I don't remember him, or any other players in the Hurley era, showing bad sportsmanship.

Hurley can be fairly criticized for lots of things, but we don't see clownish on court behavior like Kiss'
That’s why I’ve said I love the players and not a fan of the coach. Sadly, the players have handled adversity better than DH. You see them pulling DH away when he can’t keep his cool. Complains to the media about refs - not good sportsmanship. Swallow your pride, credit the other team and move on. Lead by example - he’s showing his players that it’s ok to act like that. It’s fine to be fiery and emotional. There are plenty of coaches that do it with far more class.

Reaction Score
The irony (to those ragging on UConn’s stature at some previous points in time) is that every freakin school short of Oxford is somebody’s fallback option.

Reaction Score

Maya Rudolph Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
The irony (to those ragging on UConn’s stature at some previous points in time) is that every freakin school short of Oxford is somebody’s fallback option.

From the first page of the thread...

Bryant is a POS school anyway
Loved beating the piss out of them in soccer in the 70s
A bunch of kids who couldn't get into a good private school - besides it's in RI - need to say nothing else

Reaction Score
@Pudge - your anecdotal and inconsequential post doesn't outweigh what UConn has to say about itself, and its own "Transformation". Any university can be top notch for those who apply themselves and work.

From UConn....

The extensive building program at the University of Connecticut has allowed the state to reach its goal of retaining Connecticut’s top high school talent. The institution has had eleven years of steady increases in the SAT scores of incoming freshmen and has attracted more than 100 valedictorians and salutatorians for the freshmen class in each of the last two years

The school students once viewed as a safety school now is in demand. Applications over the past 10 years have doubled for freshman slots in Storrs and the acceptance rate has gone from 70 percent in 1995 to 51 percent in 2005. UConn has also increased the number of minority students in its Storrs freshmen class by 61 percent since 1995. It has also increased its freshman retention rate from 86 percent in 1998 to 92 percent in 2004.

The last ten years (1995-2005) have been ones of tremendous growth for the University of Connecticut, in terms of quality, reputation and physical infrastructure. Indeed, the changes at the institution have been so profound that this period is sometimes referred to as, “The Transformation.” A fundamental part of this transformation has been based on a two billion dollar, twenty-year capital improvement initiative funded by the Connecticut General Assembly, the UCONN 2000 and 21st Century UCONN projects...

...The dilapidated state of university facilities was a major cause of many Connecticut high school students electing not to attend the University of Connecticut campuses. Further, the fundamental physical and technological infrastructure of the institution needed repair and upgrading. UCONN 2000 provided the University of Connecticut with the resources to address these problems.

Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Pudge - your anecdotal and inconsequential post doesn't outweigh what UConn has to say about itself, and its own "Transformation". Any university can be top notch for those who apply themselves and work.

From UConn....

The extensive building program at the University of Connecticut has allowed the state to reach its goal of retaining Connecticut’s top high school talent. The institution has had eleven years of steady increases in the SAT scores of incoming freshmen and has attracted more than 100 valedictorians and salutatorians for the freshmen class in each of the last two years

The school students once viewed as a safety school now is in demand. Applications over the past 10 years have doubled for freshman slots in Storrs and the acceptance rate has gone from 70 percent in 1995 to 51 percent in 2005. UConn has also increased the number of minority students in its Storrs freshmen class by 61 percent since 1995. It has also increased its freshman retention rate from 86 percent in 1998 to 92 percent in 2004.

The last ten years (1995-2005) have been ones of tremendous growth for the University of Connecticut, in terms of quality, reputation and physical infrastructure. Indeed, the changes at the institution have been so profound that this period is sometimes referred to as, “The Transformation.” A fundamental part of this transformation has been based on a two billion dollar, twenty-year capital improvement initiative funded by the Connecticut General Assembly, the UCONN 2000 and 21st Century UCONN projects...

...The dilapidated state of university facilities was a major cause of many Connecticut high school students electing not to attend the University of Connecticut campuses. Further, the fundamental physical and technological infrastructure of the institution needed repair and upgrading. UCONN 2000 provided the University of Connecticut with the resources to address these problems.

Sorry, not sorry.

I am guessing you are younger than 50. Because that you cut & paste is a Political statement. Someone is pumping up their shirt or blouse and making this on data boosted by state legislature funding: which we know rose from the push from the Calhoun/Auriemma buzz.

You don't remember the guys who came back from Vietnam that we met when we arrived. It is total BS from you ... because you weren't there. You dare to tell Pharmacy kids - a school that was top 5 in the 70s that it was a safety? You accept this like a putz talking about Jewish lasers. The Finance staff was Nationally recognized in the late 70s. The strong Psychology department; the rising of Education to Neag; the high regard of the Nurses produced. On & on.

There is NO doubt that the campus became run down and had very little capital budget for decades. Guess what? You will not find peer Universities spending money during that period either. It was not something politicians or educators prioritized. Simple test: go number the major 100 universities who built new arenas like Gampel between 1970 and 1990; it wasn't a period anyone was building. UConn - to make you laugh - royally screwed up on a Library and wrapped it in plastic for 15 years.

Go ahead and accept your view. Seems like we are in an age of guys living in their own Private self absorbed space shooting at whatever history they can make up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haha! You're talkin' some shinola now

Reaction Score
I am guessing you are younger than 50. Because that you cut & paste is a Political statement. Someone is pumping up their shirt or blouse and making this on data boosted by state legislature funding: which we know rose from the push from the Calhoun/Auriemma buzz.

You don't remember the guys who came back from Vietnam that we met when we arrived. It is total BS from you ... because you weren't there. You dare to tell Pharmacy kids - a school that was top 5 in the 70s that it was a safety? You accept this like a putz talking about Jewish lasers. The Finance staff was Nationally recognized in the late 70s. The strong Psychology department; the rising of Education to Neag; the high regard of the Nurses produced. On & on.

There is NO doubt that the campus became run down and had very little capital budget for decades. Guess what? You will not find peer Universities spending money during that period either. It was not something politicians or educators prioritized. Simple test: go number the major 100 universities who built new arenas like Gampel between 1970 and 1990; it wasn't a period anyone was building. UConn - to make you laugh - royally up on a Library and wrapped it in plastic for 15 years.

Go ahead and accept your view. Seems like we are in an age of guys living in their own Private self absorbed space shooting at whatever history they can make up.
Kudos to you for acknowledging one of the reasons why UConn was a safety school, while arguing it wasn't.

I'm sorry the truth has you triggered, but the quotes in bold below are FACTS. You can disprove them, or you can keep mentioning Jewish Space Lasers.

The institution has had eleven years of steady increases in the SAT scores of incoming freshmen and has attracted more than 100 valedictorians and salutatorians for the freshmen class in each of the last two years. The school students once viewed as a safety school now is in demand. Applications over the past 10 years have doubled for freshman slots in Storrs and the acceptance rate has gone from 70 percent in 1995 to 51 percent in 2005

11 years of increases in SAT scores of applicants, while applications doubled.

But....Jewish Space Lasers.

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
Kudos to you for acknowledging one of the reasons why UConn was a safety school, while arguing it wasn't.

I'm sorry the truth has you triggered, but the quotes in bold below are FACTS. You can disprove them, or you can keep mentioning Jewish Space Lasers.

The institution has had eleven years of steady increases in the SAT scores of incoming freshmen and has attracted more than 100 valedictorians and salutatorians for the freshmen class in each of the last two years. The school students once viewed as a safety school now is in demand. Applications over the past 10 years have doubled for freshman slots in Storrs and the acceptance rate has gone from 70 percent in 1995 to 51 percent in 2005

11 years of increases in SAT scores of applicants, while applications doubled.

But....Jewish Space Lasers.

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

You are just being a ignorant ace. You don't know and you spout nonsense. It is useless explaining real life experiences of those of us who were there. Because you know it all ... you know-nothing.

Reaction Score
That’s why I’ve said I love the players and not a fan of the coach. Sadly, the players have handled adversity better than DH. You see them pulling DH away when he can’t keep his cool. Complains to the media about refs - not good sportsmanship. Swallow your pride, credit the other team and move on. Lead by example - he’s showing his players that it’s ok to act like that. It’s fine to be fiery and emotional. There are plenty of coaches that do it with far more class.

When people start throwing around “class” you know they have nothing to say that’s worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom