Wagner Bryant crowd fight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wagner Bryant crowd fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geez, that was a bit much.

I'll let you in on a little secret. UConn was a POS backup school in the 80s and 90s too. It wasn't until the teams started winning and the state spent $1 Billion dollars to improve the school that it started to turn into a top public university.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When we played Bryant in 2015 they brought a ton of very rowdy students.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I was on the Bryant bandwagon for a day or two when they almost beat Cuse and had Coach Nosepicker whining afterwards, but this situation is pretty terrible on multiple fronts and hopefully doesn’t become a trend.

Reaction Score
Bryant, Quinnipiac, UHart, Fairfield, Sacred Heart, etc all just exist for parents who don’t want to tell their friends that their kids are at state school.

The cost/benefit issues with SLACs seem to be getting more and more well known. I still have plenty of students going to them, probably about as many as years past... but a lot more are outright nixing SLACs from their lists. Williams, Amherst, Wesleyan, Hamilton, Smith... the really great schools are one thing. Small size, really selective. I can see the appeal.

I just don't see what a UHart, SHU, etc. are bringing to the table that CCSU or UConn isn't.

And this is coming from someone who went to a low-ranked SLAC... I've got every reason to pump them up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You're pretty ignorant if you don't think violent crowds can prevented by event staff. Having fans behind the opposing bench is moronic, letting them in early, having 0 security in sight for a championship game... just a few problems that could have been avoided.
Lol, why is your default always a personal attack? Is it that you don’t feel comfortable just making your points and letting them speak for themselves. For the most part I really enjoy your content. You are a knowledgeable fan, and in my opinion, put in a lot of work to make the site better, but the whole “you must be ignorant” thing is just a really weird quirk in your personality.

Reaction Score
Blame the coach. The antics are as easy as 5 minutes on the bench in November to put an end to for the rest of the season.

Really can't say it any better. Every team is a reflection of their coach. This is Grasso.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Blame the coach. The antics are as easy as 5 minutes on the bench in November to put an end to for the rest of the season.
100%. I remember Rip throwing down a windmill dunk vs St Johns in a blowout years ago and blowing kisses to the Gampel crowd while the guy he was supposed to be guarding scored on the ensuing possession. Coach called time-out basically to scream at him and he never did it again.

Problem is some of the coaches are as immature as this kids these days.

Reaction Score
100%. I remember Rip throwing down a windmill dunk vs St Johns in a blowout years ago and blowing kisses to the Gampel crowd while the guy he was supposed to be guarding scored on the ensuing possession. Coach called time-out basically to scream at him and he never did it again.

Problem is some of the coaches are as immature as this kids these days.
Ironically, sounds a lot like DH. Not exactly the model of maturity.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A-

Without the lily-gilding of your final sentence, I'd have considered the missing Oxford comma no more than a differing preference.

Then again, you may have been watching as a drunk alum of a RI school.

Reaction Score
What’s Grosso’s story? His press conference vibe is “I do a little mortgage fraud and a little bit of identity theft when I can find the time.” (He looks like a good chunk of my family so I feel okay saying this.).

At least your family is classy enough to stick to white collar crime. Better than most of my siblings, lol. I can respect it in a roundabout way, lol

Reaction Score
It's terrible, horrible - a disgrace to the game. But yeah, anyways I watched the whole thing. Twice.

A better view:

I kinda feel bad for Kid USA because all he was trying to do was stand up. That punch came out of nowhere, and the kid who threw it disappeared faster than former big east basketball programs playing in the acc. Where did he go?!

Reaction Score
I'll let you in on a little secret. UConn was a POS backup school in the 80s and 90s too. It wasn't until the teams started winning and the state spent $1 Billion dollars to improve the school that it started to turn into a top public university.
So you graduated when?

Reaction Score
From 2021.

I can't say I've given Bryant University basketball (or the entire university for that matter) one second of thought before these past couple days. That being said, I am now actively rooting for them to get blown out of the gym in the first round (pending their opponent of course) and this dude to be completely shut down.

Reaction Score
I can't say I've given Bryant University basketball (or the entire university for that matter) one second of thought before these past couple days. That being said, I am now actively rooting for them to get blown out of the gym in the first round (pending their opponent of course) and this dude to be completely shut down.
I will root for them if and only if they are in our region, and even then I hope that Kiss gets banned from the rest of the tournament for doing something stupid during the celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom