Villanova and St. John's games postponed... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova and St. John's games postponed...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s funny because I noticed an official consciously turn away from people to blow into his whistle before an inbound play last night and I couldn’t help but think “wow these dudes have to be releasing a ton of particles into the air”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Last line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So is this a 10 day pause now for the program? Is practice allowed?

Reaction Score
if the big east has any brains they’ll move things around so we can play a game next week before Seton Hall on 2/6

Reaction Score
This begs the question, will there be enough time left in the schedule to make up these games? Looking at the schedule there are not many windows of opportunity unless postseason gets pushed back. Now we have 3 games to make up, Xavier, Villanova, Saint Johns.
The conference tournament will likely be cancelled and that period will be reserved for make-up games. Auto big goes to regular season winner.

Reaction Score
if the big east has any brains they’ll move things around so we can play a game next week before Seton Hall on 2/6
We are not playing a game for 7-10 days, in case it ends up that someone on the team has it.

Reaction Score
so genuine question...whats the odds this is a false positive? You're gonna tell me that some old (no offense) ref had covid symptoms and was able to run up and down the court for 40 minutes? No chance

Reaction Score
1611769947839.png

I DONT MEAN THIS IN A BAD WAY. hope official recovers well

Reaction Score
We are not playing a game for 7-10 days, in case it ends up that someone on the team has it.
Where have you seen that? Seems like if the team tests negative daily they should be able to play next Thursday at the latest

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Like i needed another reason to hate Pat Driscoll...

(note - no idea if it's him - i just hate Pat Driscoll)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I guess I'd rather play them not down 3 of our most athletic players, but that's just me.

idk shrug GIF
Yes. But it’s kind of silly pretending this is a season.

Reaction Score
Where have you seen that? Seems like if the team tests negative daily they should be able to play next Thursday at the latest
Well I’m pretty sure the state is running on the thought that the virus takes like sometimes up to 7-10 days to develop. I assume they don’t want to put a potential carrier on the court Thursday or sat. Bummer that the double header on Fox is postponed.

Reaction Score
So we do everything right and the Big East officials cause a pause. This league has to get its act together.
The refs should be wearing masks . Now I understand not playing tomorrow, but they could have waited before postponing Sunday's game. One one hand I wanted to see the team in action vs Nova and SJU, but I can wait. Need Bouk for Nova.
No point pretending you might play Sunday. It takes five days from your exposure to the virus before a test can become accurate. You do the math.

I really find the childishness of many of these posts bizarre. The school and the state and the conference are trying to protect the long term health of their student athletes. Our desire to watch basketball on television should not and does not materially factor in to their analysis.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well I’m pretty sure the state is running on the thought that the virus takes like sometimes up to 7-10 days to develop. I assume they don’t want to put a potential carrier on the court Thursday or sat. Bummer that the double header on Fox is postponed.

The Nova game I understand, but why can't we test the team over the next few days and if everyone tests negative, still play the SJU game on Sunday? Seems silly to cancel that game already.

Testing. Plus sometimes a positive test comes days after exposure.
Protocol is to test 5-7 days following possible exposure, and to quarantine until you have the results, because that's usually how long it takes for an infection to reveal itself with a positive test.

Reaction Score
It’s funny because I noticed an official consciously turn away from people to blow into his whistle before an inbound play last night and I couldn’t help but think “wow these dudes have to be releasing a ton of particles into the air”
that is actually normal reffing protocol (pre-covid as well) so you don't blow out the eardrum of the player standing next to you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom