Villanova and St. John's games postponed... | The Boneyard

Villanova and St. John's games postponed...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess I'd rather play them not down 3 of our most athletic players, but that's just me.

idk shrug GIF

Reaction Score
Wow! Let’s hope none of our guys caught it. I imagine Butler will have to go through the same process.

We are going to have to play a ton of rescheduled games in a short period of time. Gotta get healthy and stay healthy!

Reaction Score
Hope the ref and the players of the teams end up fine.

But this is good news. We simply need to buy time to get players back. The Sanogo-St John's mishap not withstanding, Hurley has done a fantastic job not allowing these injuries to completely derail the season. But make no mistake about it we are playing with fire trying to win games without Bouk. We are one bad stretch away from this season going south and an at St Johns/Villanova 1-2 punch could have led to disaster.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
While terribly inconsiderate of my Husky basketball-watching needs, this would appear to improve our chances of winning these games, if they can be rescheduled after Bouknight returns. Or at least AJax.

I am not expecting meaningful contributions from Akok this season, based on Hurley's latest comments on that front.

I have no idea what to expect about Bouk's return this season, and it's increasingly sounding like Hurley doesn't, either.

Reaction Score
IIRC the refs were wearing masks last night? That combined with few to no traceable instances of transmission that occurred during games will hopefully prevent any one else who played last night from becoming infected.

Reaction Score
damn, i was just thinking about how close we were getting to the requisite 13 games...

hope the ref is ok and that none of the players test positive.

Reaction Score
While we can rest Bouk and co. 7 days between games isn't helping us either. Im sure it was part of the reason why Martin was cramping yesterday.

However, Another reason to be upset with and blame the refs...don't mind if I do...

Reaction Score
This begs the question, will there be enough time left in the schedule to make up these games? Looking at the schedule there are not many windows of opportunity unless postseason gets pushed back. Now we have 3 games to make up, Xavier, Villanova, Saint Johns.

Reaction Score
Good. Now we don’t play again until the day before the Super Bowl against seton Hall(feb 6th) we ll have Jackson and akok(as much as he can give ) ready by then. Maybe Bouk too. Best news I’ve heard since we signed Corey Floyd- No need to take an automatic L tmrw against nova and I want revenge on the johnnies with our full squad. Now Everybody heal up and let’s get back to full strength for February. Plus we can let that nice performance yesterday against Butler marinate for a couple weeks as opposed to stewing over a loss over a long stretch. Now if for whatever reason we look back in March and can’t squeeze all these games in I reserve the right to take back everything I said in the above post LOL. And PS how the hell did a referee catch that ? come on man you’re an adult you should know better-take precautions. One thing that does suck though : this was the first Sunday with no football since August , was looking forward to that 330 St. John’s game to get me through the day. Oh well

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This begs the question, will there be enough time left in the schedule to make up these games? Looking at the schedule there are not many windows of opportunity unless postseason gets pushed back. Now we have 3 games to make up, Xavier, Villanova, Saint Johns.
Need two more to be Tournament eligible. Big East Tournament counts for one game.

Reaction Score
IIRC the refs were wearing masks last night? That combined with few to no traceable instances of transmission that occurred during games will hopefully prevent any one else who played last night from becoming infected.
Yea they were, and while I'm definitely on the more cautious side of things overall, on-court transmission is very rare which makes this particular decision seem like overkill. However, the pause definitely reduces the number of games we'll have to play without Jackson and Bouknight. Still not sure how I feel about it lol

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So we do everything right and the Big East officials cause a pause. This league has to get its act together.
The refs should be wearing masks . Now I understand not playing tomorrow, but they could have waited before postponing Sunday's game. One one hand I wanted to see the team in action vs Nova and SJU, but I can wait. Need Bouk for Nova.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom