Villanova and St. John's games postponed... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Villanova and St. John's games postponed...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the team will need to take precautions for the next week. If even one of our guys was exposed, its imperative to stop it from spreading around the whole team. Do you complainers want to pause a week or month? Hopefully they can rest up, heal, and work on making contested shots and layups in small groups.

Reaction Score
I got my symptoms 2 days after contracting and the PCR tests are pretty accurate as my wife got a positive result 3 days after contracting it and 1 day after symptoms. She developed symptoms in 2 days. I think this is a bit of an over reaction. I understand the Villanova game but I think they should wait on the St. John's game until after testing on Saturday.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is nothing good about this. But are there any potential replacements?
What do you mean by replacements? If we aren't playing these games we aren't playing any others during that time.

Or do you mean rescheduled dates for these games? In that case, I think it's a bit early, seeing as this just happened.

Reaction Score
What do you mean by replacements? If we aren't playing these games we aren't playing any others during that time.

Or do you mean rescheduled dates for these games? In that case, I think it's a bit early, seeing as this just happened.
Thanks I hadn't looked at the schedule. No one is going to schedule it with us until we know our status 4 days from now.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Remember that yesterday's Butler game had a decent possibility of being cancelled last week ? Due to a positive test on Butler team - turned false positive.

If we didn't play last night we would be staring down a very real possibility of losing our 3rd in a row tomorrow vs Nova. That could have been damaging. This is a season of ifs .

Now if we can't reschedule anyone before 2/6 Seton Hall, what about adding a 3rd game vs Butler - in a season of unbalanced schedules ? UConn has shown that could defeat them easily without Bouk..... Ok, just a thought.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am appalled at the willingness of people on this board to express strong opinions in the absence of knowledge. To all the people saying something along the lines of "CT DPH sucks if Butler isn't on pause too!": Find out first if that's the case, and then complain. Also, if that were the case, that would just mean that Butler is stupid and UConn is doing the right thing, so there's that.

And then there are the armchair epidemiologists on this board saying, "Just test everyone and play the games as scheduled!" The majority of this board knows why it doesn't work like that, and most of them didn't need medical degrees to understand it.

TL;DR
Please have some intellectual curiosity and learn some facts before you flood the board with your silly kneejerk reactions.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Why don't we just schedule Georgetown before Seton Hall since we need to make up a game with them anyways?

Reaction Score
Looks like I’m in the minority that think we need all the games we can play - with or without Bouk.

After getting games cancelled all season, the assumption that we’re going to somehow play all these makeup games without further incident just doesn’t seem reasonable. Come tourney time, experience playing and closing out actual games will be huge.

If we don’t play games, where’s it gonna come from?

Reaction Score
Keep everyone healthy. And move on. TBH .Surprised this hasn't happened somewhere else in College BB this season with the refs as carriers.

Don't know if March Madness dates are absolutely firm or if there's flexibility built into them. Would hope that the NCAA has a Plan B.

Reaction Score
Looks like I’m in the minority that think we need all the games we can play - with or without Bouk.

Well... we don't really have a choice, do we?

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20210127-134126_Motion photo viewer.jpg

This guy!

Reaction Score

After getting games cancelled all season, the assumption that we’re going to somehow play all these makeup games without further incident just doesn’t seem reasonable. Come tourney time, experience playing and closing out actual games will be huge.

We don't have to play all the games just two more to qualify for the tournament. I would like to play as many of the remaining games with our full team or close to it.

Reaction Score
Don't see how we have a NCAA tournament. What happens when this happens during the tournament?

Reaction Score
The conference tournament will likely be cancelled and that period will be reserved for make-up games. Auto big goes to regular season winner.
I've been wondering about the conference tournament. What do you think will happen instead of conference tournament. Why not just play the tournament if they are going to play games anyways.

For the record, I tend to agree. The conference tournament may not happen.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
10 makeup games in 5 days in late February. Gonna be great!

Maybe they could do a conference bubble. Could even makes games one half only and do two makeup games in a day.

Either way if the games aren’t made up it’s going to be an Ohio St. CFB situation again with teams only playing 2/3 of a season trying for those at-large bids.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think the vast majority of us would prefer to be watching games with or without Bouk, but we understand that it's out of our control, so we are looking for any potential upside and otherwise accepting what we cannot change a la the Serenity Prayer (which I have said countless times in my life, but never more than in the past ten months).

Reaction Score
that is actually normal reffing protocol (pre-covid as well) so you don't blow out the eardrum of the player standing next to you
But it’s pretty stupid to not use another way of making a noise that doesn’t require expelling potentially Infected air.

its beyond stupid that they let anyone but players be without a mask!

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen anywhere that Butler is pausing. Did I miss it, or is this just another incompetent move by our athletics' department?

Reaction Score
Feb 6 vs Seton Hall @ home is the next game after SJ assuming no positives in the program.

Feb 10 game @ Providence is 4 weeks from Bouks surgery so that maybe is his first chance to play. DH moved the goal post from 2-4 weeks to 4-6 weeks to now "who knows" so probably fools gold trying to figure out when he plays again or the program for that matter ?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom