Villanova and St. John's games postponed... | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Villanova and St. John's games postponed...

Reaction Score
“The protocols for officials are continually being evaluated,” Big East spokesman John Paquette said, “but there aren’t any planned changes at the moment. We are requiring all officials to wear masks during games.”

It is fair to say, according the Big East, that the requirement for referees to wear masks during games will be more carefully enforced going forward. On Tuesday, and before, some refs wore masks, some did not, some would lower them on occasion.

So the 2 officials who didn't wear masks during the UConn-Butler game were allowed to ref without masks? Whose job is it to enforce these rules? If you're going to have these rules to protect everyone and allow games to go on then what are officials doing not following the rules? Smh

Alternate free access: Big East ‘continually evaluating protocols’ after ref’s positive COVID-19 test halts UConn men’s season

Reaction Score
I know absolutely nothing about what Indiana is doing. A metric that shows them with fewer deaths seems to be a positive indicator.
They haven't done much of anything, they were just a lot more fortunate than CT. in terms of geography and when the virus actually hit the state as opposed to CT.

Reaction Score
or give the ref a button that triggers the switch that lights up the backboard...it's not really that hard
Button blinks the arena lights twice. That'll get people's attention. ?

Reaction Score
They haven't done much of anything, they were just a lot more fortunate than CT. in terms of geography and when the virus actually hit the state as opposed to CT.
Is that your scientific answer? The virus didn't "hit" Indiana.

The reason that Connecticut's death toll is so high per capita is that the governor sent Covid positive patients back into nursing homes. That's not speculation. Almost every state that did that has higher death rates.

But don't top posting, I enjoy your fact free opinions. At any rate this is getting way off topic.

Reaction Score

The reason that Connecticut's death toll is so high per capita is that the governor sent Covid positive patients back into nursing homes. That's not speculation. Almost every state that did that has higher death rates.

But don't top posting, I enjoy your fact free opinions. At any rate this is getting way off topic.
Connecticut had a ton of transmission before the pandemic was even recognized nationally. Your comparing apples and oranges here by saying Indiana did a better job than Connecticut and using one metric to make your judgement

Reaction Score

You can't possibly be this stupid.

Reaction Score
Not by the numbers. Just like in basketball, that’s how you keep score. Like in business feel good/you care activity should not be confused with results.
Chief this ain’t sports you gotta have a little nuance to make an educated answer and this ain’t it

Reaction Score
You can't possibly be this stupid.
My goodness. You just completely ignore reality and then insult me. It's classic. What happened happened. It explains the disparity between Indiana and Connecticut. Look it's not personal. No need for insults.

Reaction Score
Can they move the NCAA tournament to fit all the games that need to be scheduled?
Considering the planning that is going into having the tournament in Indiana I highly doubt there is room to move it around to different dates.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Connecticut had a ton of transmission before the pandemic was even recognized nationally. Your comparing apples and oranges here by saying Indiana did a better job than Connecticut and using one metric to make your judgement
whelp, it was recognized and forewarned here, on the by, in early january. what's ur excuse again?
is this game still on today?

THE FACTS​

Time and Date: Saturday, January 30 @ 5:30 pm ET

Records: Butler (5-8, 4-6 BIG EAST) | Xavier (10-2, 3-2 BIG EAST)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I enjoy being able to watch UCONN and other college hoops I still wonder if playing at all is the right thing to do.

Is flying these kids all over the place , going through airports, staying at hotels etc in their best health interests? In addition there are the refs, scorekeepers, tv camera operators etc that are needed to put the games on.

Be safe everyone

Reaction Score
While I enjoy being able to watch UCONN and other college hoops I still wonder if playing at all is the right thing to do.

Is flying these kids all over the place , going through airports, staying at hotels etc in their best health interests? In addition there are the refs, scorekeepers, tv camera operators etc that are needed to put the games on.

Be safe everyone
Good luck with this opinion on the Boneyard. Those of us who agree with you have already been put in the corner and told to stay there.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
So Indiana has better policies because deaths are lower? Population density, age of residents, distance to epicenter all irrelevant?
This is way too much nuance for this board to handle. Go with color, pictures, noises and less than 3 seconds for general roles of thumb.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
So Indiana has better policies because deaths are lower? Population density, age of residents, distance to epicenter all irrelevant?
Connecticut has around 600,000 folks 65+. Indiana has over a million. beagle on.
still waiting for the answer to the simple question - is the but/x game still on?

Reaction Score
My goodness. You just completely ignore reality and then insult me. It's classic. What happened happened. It explains the disparity between Indiana and Connecticut. Look it's not personal. No need for insults.

You don't think CT.'s location and timing of spread mattered. You don't think getting the strain from Europe as opposed to getting the strain from China mattered. I heard you the first few times you intimated you have no clue what you're talking about.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom