Vic Schaefer to Texas | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Vic Schaefer to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Vic left Miss St. and the only thing he didn't accomplish there was win a national championship.

Vic was born in Austin, and honestly that decision had to do mostly if not solely with the fact that he is a family man. The only assistant guaranteed to go with him is Blair Schaefer. No surprise that the only people happy about this decision is Vic, his wife, his son, and daughter.

Reaction Score
Will be fun to see the battles going forward between Texas and Baylor. I think it will take Vic several years to field a competitive team, but I would think he should be able to start taking recruits away from Baylor.

Any girl who is a lesbian, or questioning her sexuality, will have a great in-state school that won't push her back into the closet.
I don’t get it. Isn’t the previous coach gay? Surely Texas was already welcoming to those girls.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
LoL. The Texas AD has a private plane available to him. There was a maximum of 1 phone calls that was necessary here. The TX AD calls Vic and says do you want this job? My plane will be in Starkville in a few days to pick you and the family up. How do you like your steaks?
Don't be surprised if it was Vic or his agent who reached out to Texas first. Sounds like this was all bout Vic wanting to return to the state of Texas NOW versus later (family, virus, world climate related?).

Reaction Score
Vic was born in Austin, and honestly that decision had to do mostly if not solely with the fact that he is a family man. The only assistant guaranteed to go with him is Blair Schaefer. No surprise that the only people happy about this decision is Vic, his wife, his son, and daughter.
Schaefer was born in Houston, May of ‘61.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
rotflmao.... our guys have already gone to work on speculating who's gonna be our next head coach and already published a top 8.

Graves' name made it. I don't mean to offend the Oregon fans at all, but that has 0 chance of happening.

Reaction Score
This is so weird to me because Vic is an Aggie through and through. I guess he really wanted to get back home. He just bought some land and was building a house outside of Starkville. He's said before that he grew up hating Texas (the school not the state).

Reaction Score
rotflmao.... our guys have already gone to work on speculating "who's gonna be our next head coach."

Graves' name made the top 8. I don't mean to offend the Oregon fans at all, but that has 0 chance of happening.

Wow. Does someone actually think Graves would come to State?

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Wow. Does someone actually think Graves would come to State?

I know you post on the Mississippi State board. Check it out yourself.

Reaction Score
I am shocked that anyone could question the clear superiority of the Texas job over that of Miss St! Facilities, money, history and recruiting are all wayyyy better at Texas! They (Texas) have not had a really good coach for many years now! I think Kim is probably very disappointed over this hire! Not that she won’t win anymore but rather that it is going to be much more difficult.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Of course he had a deal already done, that’s how snakes operate. And you mean you don’t consider a phone call a long interview process? ;)
I’m sure there was an extensive interview by phone as follows:

TX AD: Hi Vic. This is the University of TX AD calling. Will you take our head coaching job for $2 million a year?

Vic: Throw in an order of barbecue and you’ve got a deal.

TX AD: Let me get rid of Karen and I’ll call you right back.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
rotflmao.... our guys have already gone to work on speculating who's gonna be our next head coach and already published a top 8.

Graves' name made it. I don't mean to offend the Oregon fans at all, but that has 0 chance of happening.
You never know. I didn't think Vic was attainable. MSU can offer any coach $1.6 million or more. Graves barely bumped up to $700k after last season's Final Four. Doesn't hurt to express interest and let the dominoes fall where they may.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
You never know. I didn't think Vic was attainable. MSU can offer any coach $1.6 million or more. Graves barely bumped up to $700k after last season's Final Four. Doesn't hurt to express interest and let the dominoes fall where they may.

I'm sure Oregon is willing to raise his contract, especially if they fear he might seriously leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom