Vic Schaefer to Texas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vic Schaefer to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Can someone please translate this message for me?

I'll try. New MSU football coach Mike Leach has foot in mouth disease. He caused some controversy recently with a tacky post on twitter making light of the covid 19 situation. He said plenty of dumb things while he was in Pullman but not many people were paying attention.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can someone please translate this message for me?

1586120789052.jpeg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that this deal was done several days ago. Aston is canned 2 days ago and Vic is hired today. I got to believe the TX AD knew he had a deal with Vic before he decided not to renew Aston’s contract.

When you add in the current situation relative to travel and face to face meetings, I seriously doubt if there was much of an interview process involved in the hiring.
You really think Vic had to “interview” for the Texas job?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Texas really stuck it to rival A&M by hiring one of their own who they believe was their next WBB head coach once Gary Blair retired. I'm floored.

And it didn’t take them long either. They canned Aston Friday, and announced Vic’s hiring today. No doubt Texas contacted Vic soon after the tournament had been cancelled, finalized the deal and announced it today. I wonder if Vic was their first choice to replace Aston?

Carnac

Reaction Score
That sucks big time. I don’t know what he can accomplish at Texas that he couldn’t at MSU.

I hate 2020

You’re going to be hard pressed to find a coach of his caliber to replace him. You also might lose several players that will want to follow him to Austin. :eek: Guess you’ll have to wait for the other shoe to drop.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just popped in my mind...... Texas does it again.... damaging another non-traditonal rising program in WCBB by hiring away a top 5 coach. Head bang Darn ribeye steaks :mad:
Kinda like SC did by hiring Dawn away from Temple.
Or Oregon by hiring Graves away from Gonzaga.
Or Duke by hiring McCallie away from Michigan State :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Will Texas fans show Vic the support that the MSU fans showed him? Will Jackson follow Vic to Texas? I would love for SC to get Jackson since we were runner-up for her. Maybe she loves MSU and her teammates and decide to stay.

Yeah, and maybe the Easter Bunny will make his rounds next week regardless of the "stay at home" mandates In most states. ;)

Last edited:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
This is the equivalent of Butch Davis leaving Miami out of nowhere.

(Still, the next year they won a championship, so maybe that's not the best comparison)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And it didn’t take them long either. They canned Aston Friday, and announced Vic’s hiring today. No doubt Texas contacted Vic soon after the tournament had been cancelled, finalized the deal and announced it today. I wonder if Vic was their first choice to replace Aston, before they ever fired her?
Slight Amendation to your post.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well technically she wasn't fired. Her contract expired and they didn't renew it. Probably knew they weren't going to retain her for a while.
I’m sure TX knew they weren’t going to retain Aston as soon as they knew they had a deal with Vic.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’m sure TX knew they weren’t going to retain Aston as soon as they knew they had a deal with Vic.
At the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog