VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow

Reaction Score
This 2017 off season will prove to be an inflection point for the men's program. Either the staff will rebound nicely with a strong 2018 class or this will officially be the end of UConn basketball as we have grown to thoroughly enjoy over the past 25 plus years. Quite frankly, it could really go either way.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with that. There is no momentum heading into 2018....

Reaction Score
How many days was his visit? He sure did choose fast after it? It seems like our recruiting is getting worst now. LOL!

Reaction Score
This 2017 off season will prove to be an inflection point for the men's program. Either the staff will rebound nicely with a strong 2018 class or this will officially be the end of UConn basketball as we have grown to thoroughly enjoy over the past 25 plus years. Quite frankly, it could really go either way.

Nuts

Reaction Score
Bruce Pearl

In the flimflam category of sales of shadiness ... including a propensity to turn in like shadowy characters ... a Pearl recruit is a tainted recruit.

pj

Reaction Score
Bruce Pearl

In the flimflam category of sales of shadiness ... including a propensity to turn in like shadowy characters ... a Pearl recruit is a tainted recruit.

I think this is it. On his UConn visit, they would have praised his basketball and showed him his fit on the court, but he was probably interrogated about the things that went wrong in VCU, his character issues, and expectations were set for him character-wise at UConn. At Auburn he was courted, period. He went where he'd be welcome even if he didn't or couldn't change.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with that. There is no momentum heading into 2018....
There is momentum, the staff is in a great spot with a number of 2018 prospects. Samir doughty would have been a nice player to groom but this isn't the end of the world imo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The new BY recruiting life cycle.
1. "Who is this guy? I never heard of him. Recruiting sucks. Jim Calhoun wouldn't have even considered this kid!

2. Were on his Twitter list of schools? Awesome! He's the missing piece we needed! National Championship #5 baby!!

3. What? He went to another school? How does this happen? Jim Calhoun wouldn't have missed on this kid! We've become a mid-major!

4. Didn't want him anyways. Did you see his Twitter account? Bad attitude!

5. Next!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think this is it. On his UConn visit, they would have praised his basketball and showed him his fit on the court, but he was probably interrogated about the things that went wrong in VCU, his character issues, and expectations were set for him character-wise at UConn. At Auburn he was courted, period. He went where he'd be welcome even if he didn't or couldn't change.

This is idiotic.

Do you realize that we hired our athletic director from Auburn? You know, the guy who helped hire Bruce Pearl?

The shining castle on the hill is no different than any other college athletic department.

Kid didn't want to come here. Period.

Reaction Score
This is idiotic.

Do you realize that we hired our athletic director from Auburn? You know, the guy who helped hire Bruce Pearl?

The shining castle on the hill is no different than any other college athletic department.

PJ is one of those who will find any way to rationalize what's going on, on to plan Q.

Reaction Score
Yes we need a good 2018 class but if it's middling it will not be the end of UConn MBB as we know it. I know we aren't KY but they overturn their roster every season, all it takes is 1 good class to turn around the perception & fortunes. Yes we are handicapped by being in the AAC & the outside perception that KO has apparently become a net-negative but that can change.

I like our team for this season and if they stay healthy and perform well UConn will be relevant this year. I fully expect to get a couple top 100 kids for 2018 and that's all we have really ever gotten.

We are basically hitting the re-set on the KO era with the staff changes & player exodus so if he whiffs completely on the 2018 class then it may be the end for KO but not UConn.

Reaction Score

Not true entirely. It is perhaps an inflection point, but if the staff doesn't rebound nicely, the program won't be over, but the coaching staff will be. There is a lot to sell here and lots of coaches willing to sell it for 3 mm. Per year.

Reaction Score
Yes we need a good 2018 class but if it's middling it will not be the end of UConn MBB as we know it. I know we aren't KY but they overturn their roster every season, all it takes is 1 good class to turn around the perception & fortunes. Yes we are handicapped by being in the AAC & the outside perception that KO has apparently become a net-negative but that can change.

I like our team for this season and if they stay healthy and perform well UConn will be relevant this year. I fully expect to get a couple top 100 kids for 2018 and that's all we have really ever gotten.

We are basically hitting the re-set on the KO era with the staff changes & player exodus so if he whiffs completely on the 2018 class then it may be the end for KO but not UConn.

Probably should have read this before I responded.

Reaction Score
Why did it suddenly start to matter this year? Come on with the conference bro
Because it's a lot easier to sell someone on overlooking conference when there's something else to sell them on. There's very few, if any, positives surrounding UConn this offseason which makes it a lot tougher to convince a kid to pass up a P5 school

Reaction Score
This is idiotic.

Are you defending Pearl?

Reaction Score
There is momentum, the staff is in a great spot with a number of 2018 prospects. Samir doughty would have been a nice player to groom but this isn't the end of the world imo.

I am more worried that this is the 8 or 9th kid to campus in the past few months that said no. Ollie has surrounded himself with top young recruiting guys and still no one. Our lineup will be worse then last year.

I got blasted in the winter for saying their is real negative mojo around Ollie and players. It has also spread into recruiting the last 9 months. Uconn is sinking and fast. 2018 recruiting is major and if Ollie goes 500 again I hear he is out.

Reaction Score
I am more worried that this is the 8 or 9th kid to campus in the past few months that said no. Ollie has surrounded himself with top young recruiting guys and still no one. Our lineup will be worse then last year.

I got blasted in the winter for saying their is real negative mojo around Ollie and players. It has also spread into recruiting the last 9 months. UConn is sinking and fast. 2018 recruiting is major and if Ollie goes 500 again I hear he is out.
If we don't make the tournament and don't have a stellar 2018 class he has to be gone. At that point the roster is bare anyway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom