VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow | Page 10 | The Boneyard

VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow

Reaction Score
With Adams and a healthy AG - you don't think it's ONE OF THE best backcourts in the country?
It depends on your definition of "one of the best." Are we talking top 5? Top 10? Top 20?

There are a lot of basketball teams out there.

Reaction Score
There's Rookie of the Year and Dope of the Year, guess which one you ran way with?
There's of the year and dope that would get his ass kicked mercilessly but he's hiding where the latter would be difficult. So all yours!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
...to make claims of "one of the best" is just foolish.

I think it's probably a top 10-15ish backcourt, too. but we really don't know yet.

Aaaaand this is why the Boneyard makes me lose my mind. Someone just called himself foolish.

For the record, a healthy Alterique and Jalen combo is top 10 in the nation to me too, which I guess also makes me foolish... :confused:

Reaction Score
Aaaaand this is why the Boneyard makes me lose my mind. Someone just called himself foolish.

For the record, a healthy Alterique and Jalen combo is top 10 in the nation to me too, which I guess also makes me foolish... :confused:

no, try to follow along. We don't know anything yet. To make claims that we "are" one of the best in the country is just silly.

I guarantee we're not one of the best game 1. Hopefully by conference play we are, though.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
no, try to follow along. We don't know anything yet. To make claims that we "are" one of the best in the country is just silly.

I guarantee we're not one of the best game 1. Hopefully by conference play we are, though.

Oh believe me, I've done plenty of following along. And I'm not trying to single you out. But I'm beyond tired of the knee jerk negativity on this board. If I didn't already know this was a UCONN fan site, I'd have a tough time telling the difference. All the way up to and including your guarantee that we won't be one of the best backcourts on game 1, as if that's something that you could guarantee or would even want to guarantee...

pj

Reaction Score
Oh believe me, I've done plenty of following along. And I'm not trying to single you out. But I'm beyond tired of the knee jerk negativity on this board. If I didn't already know this was a UConn fan site, I'd have a tough time telling the difference. All the way up to and including your guarantee that we won't be one of the best backcourts on game 1, as if that's something that you could guarantee or would even want to guarantee...

Since I'll guarantee we go 34-0, there's no need to be concerned about where our backcourt ranks.

Reaction Score
Since I don't guzzle the kool aid like most people on this board I can't be a fan? Are you serious Clark?

I don't guzzle any kool aid (unless with Tito's) and have expressed concern. But to even blurt out your crap is ridiculous at this point but expected.

Let's see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
That backcourt lost to Wagner and Northeastern last year. Why don't we watch a little next season before we start talking top 10 easily. I hope you're right.
Jalen was tentative to take the keys. As crappy as it was losing all our guys to injuries, it was huge in helping Jalen taking that next leap. He's going to be an absolute superstar this year; I just wish we had the depth and pieces around him for this team to thrive. A lot, and I mean a lot, of things need to go right for this team to be a top 25 squad.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
My apologies no excuses, I'm too passionate, too frustrated and I become vile. I'd rather think that this is me. GO HUSKIES!!

I propose that next time you guys get 56 really, really riled up the mods drop the filter for one post and let him go off the reservation for one post. It might be good for every one. Theres an epic rant inside him. I can feel it.

Reaction Score
I think if rique is healthy which I think he will be then its top 10 easily

Great. Please rank your top 10 backcourts in college hoops for the upcoming 2017-18 season taking into consideration each teams depth. It makes interesting conversation.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There's of the year and dope that would get his ass kicked mercilessly but he's hiding where the latter would be difficult. So all yours!
There's a lot of folks on here who love to resort to name calling - JSMH

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams was 5 star point guard, Gilbert a Mcdonald's All American point guard, and Vital is a diamond in the rough who is at a similar level and a big upgrade over Rod. Vital is a perfect complementary piece to Jalen Adams better than Gilbert in this regard. If this trio assuming everyone is healthy, is not one of the 10 best backcourts in the nation next year, then that is a huge indictment on Kevin Ollie.

Gregg Marshall wins with guys ranked outside of the top 100 every year. Ollie needs to have the team ready and prepared right out of the gates.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You guys keep bringing up Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga.

Do you not see that Gonzaga with Few is like UConn with Calhoun. They compete in a poor conference because they have a legendary coach who has developed a brand that is really just starting to go mainstream, and the recruits and transfers are rewarding him for this now. UConn were nobodies early on until JC showed he deserves the talent, we are where we are right now because frankly Ollie has not done so.

Reaction Score
That backcourt lost to Wagner and Northeastern last year. Why don't we watch a little next season before we start talking top 10 easily. I hope you're right.

Facts. Be careful using facts. About a half dozen of these guys will blow a gasket if you are honest and objective. Wave the pom poms really hard and you will be just fine though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom