VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow | Page 9 | The Boneyard

VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the BE keeps 3rd tier rights, not the schools, so you're going to lose money.
I didn't realize that. Are you sure?

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that. Are you sure?

Yes, it's true. If there is any increase in the AAC package, UConn makes more money in the AAC. As it stands now, the two are even with football money plus TV packages.

And if by some miracle the tier 3 AAC rights revert to the teams, the AAC money will dwarf the BE money.

Reaction Score
The best part of this post is it being one paragraph. Mix a few more sentences in there and you'd be exploring historic waters.
If UC wins again, which I believe they will this year, the recruits will start to flow enough again, despite the conference. You can't expect recruits to come save you after a losing year in the AAC. Like Gonzaga, they can get to the NC in a non P5 conference. Unlike Gonzaga, UC would have the balls to win it, because they are way past being intimated by anyone, no matter what conference they're in.

Reaction Score
The league absolutely is a problem. There's a whopping total of 0 top 100 recruits in this years incoming AAC class. I repeat 0. This is according to 247's composite rankings which takes the average ranks from the main recruiting services.

I've said it a hundred times and Ill say it once more. This argument is so flawed.

Maybe the rest of the league can't recruit. But we have been able to. Last years roster had 8 Top 100 recruits (9 if you count Mamadou- cant remember if he was). The year before that had 7.

If we weren't getting recruits, then fine blame the league. Except that we have been getting good players. Much better players than the rest of the league in fact. Which makes our performance such a joke.

It's what we've done with these players that has been the problem.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Reaction Score
I've said it a hundred times and Ill say it once more. This argument is so flawed.

Maybe the rest of the league can't recruit. But we have been able to. Last years roster had 8 Top 100 recruits (9 if you count Mamadou- cant remember if he was). The year before that had 7.

If we weren't getting recruits, then fine blame the league. Except that we have been getting good players. Much better players than the rest of the league in fact. Which makes our performance such a joke.

Yeah you're so right the fact they injured 3 of those 9 guys is an issue. Most other staffs don't do that to their players. Who were the 8 I must be missing something? Purvis, Adams, Facey and who...seriously I am forgetting? Enoch, wasn't a factor shouldn't have been Top 100 and Durham not sure you figured it out by watching but he wasn't that Top 30 guy he was before injuring that knee again. That's 5 and 3 were hurt but they should have all been better than hurt if the staff was any good.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If UC wins again, which I believe they will this year, the recruits will start to flow enough again, despite the conference. You can't expect recruits to come save you after a losing year in the AAC. Like Gonzaga, they can get to the NC in a non P5 conference. Unlike Gonzaga, UC would have the balls to win it, because they are way past being intimated by anyone, no matter what conference they're in.

UConn is going to be abysmal again this year. They are at best a 15 win basketball team. It is sad to say but they are simply not the same UConn program that we have been used to from the last 25 years. They can't recruit, they are in a glorified mid major conference, and they don't have a good enough head coach. The really sad part is that it is only going to get worse in the coming years.

Reaction Score
UConn is going to be abysmal again this year. They are at best a 15 win basketball team. It is sad to say but they are simply not the same UConn program that we have been used to from the last 25 years. They can't recruit, they are in a glorified mid major conference, and they don't have a good enough head coach. The really sad part is that it is only going to get worse in the coming years.

wake up ... clouds over my head ... back inside and bed

Reaction Score

It's going to be so bad that those who are so sure need to really find other teams. It really is awful so begin your search immediately it will pay off to be proactive.

Reaction Score
Yeah you're so right the fact they injured 3 of those 9 guys is an issue. Most other staffs don't do that to their players. Who were the 8 I must be missing something? Purvis, Adams, Facey and who...seriously I am forgetting? Enoch, wasn't a factor shouldn't have been Top 100 and Durham not sure you figured it out by watching but he wasn't that Top 30 guy he was before injuring that knee again. That's 5 and 3 were hurt but they should have all been better than hurt if the staff was any good.:rolleyes:

Mau you missed the entire point. People claim the conference is killing us because we cant get good players. And I just cited how we have been getting good players. End of argument.

The 8 are: Adams, Purvis , AG , Larrier, Facey, Durham, Enoch, Jackson. Mamadou would be 9.

I never said anything about injuries (and certainly never blamed the staff for them), but even including those we still had 6 top 100 recruits. Probably more than the entire conference.

Reaction Score
Adams, Gilbert, Purvis, Larrier, Jackson, Enoch, Durham, Facey. We had 8 top 100 recruits last season, Gilbert and Larrier got injured so we were left with 6 top 100 recruits.

Reaction Score
Adams, Gilbert, Purvis, Larrier, Jackson, Enoch, Durham, Facey. We had 8 top 100 recruits last season, Gilbert and Larrier got injured so we were left with 6 top 100 recruits.

Jackson, Adams were really good. Purvis was exactly what he was. Facey was a lot better than his 1st 3 years. Enoch didn't grasp anything. Durham was like a colt taking his first steps. And Gilbert and Larrier were hurt (how dare they).

What do you guys want?

Reaction Score
You literally sound like a 5 year old every time you make that argument.

You need to stop doing it.

Yeah sure and you sound like a woe is me every time you post. Get a new gig it's sickening and embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Yeah sure and you sound like a woe is me every time you post. Get a new gig it's sickening and embarrassing.

Is that what happened though? I simply posted facts.

Did we have 8 Top 100 recruits on the roster last year (6 after injures).

True or False?

I said it in direct response to people claiming the conference is killing us because other teams cant recruit. I simply countered by factually proving this is untrue since it hasn't been hurting our recruiting (being able to land 8 top 100 recruits).

Just because you perceive the truth to be "woe is me" is not my fault. And it doesn't mean that I, or others, want it to be that way. And it doesn't mean we aren't fans anymore like you always insinuate.

All of this highlights the great hypocrisy of your posts. You get incredibly offended anytime someone criticizes the highly paid coaches, or the on court performance. But you have zero issues at all completely ripping 20 year old kids, none of which ever seemed to lack in the effort or attitude department.

Reaction Score
The beauty of all this over analyzing on our recruiting and whether our coaching has gotten the most out of them is not going to matter soon if we have a year like last year, injuries or no injuries. I just can't wait for the season to start so we can see if KO can coach up the kids to be decent enough to have a chance to get an at large NCAA tourney bid. If not he will be out and we will be looking for a new coach to salvage UCONN basketball. It is time for KO to shut up, keep the positive vibe between him and his players. and just prove it on the court. I hope he can do it but based on team we have I'm not sure it's going to work. Like I said before this administration isn't going to waste time for KO to try to figure things out on how to build a good program as shown by the firing on the football side and what insiders have knowledge of on the basketball side. Let's just let the season start and then we can judge KO and the team by wins and losses.

Reaction Score
Jackson, Adams were really good. Purvis was exactly what he was. Facey was a lot better than his 1st 3 years. Enoch didn't grasp anything. Durham was like a colt taking his first steps. And Gilbert and Larrier were hurt (how dare they).

What do you guys want?
To have a better than .500 record with 6 top 100 recruits. To not lose at home to Wagner and Northeastern with 8 top 100 recruits. To be a much better basketball team.

Reaction Score

You're painting a black and white picture.

Durham and Enoch hardly played because they hadn't developed. Larrier, Gilbert and Diarra got hurt.

So, grab all the recruits you want, but if they aren't getting on the floor, how do you expect your recruiting to help you at all?

It can't.

Reaction Score
They have one of the best backcourts in the country if Gilbert is healthy .
They got insurance against his status with a post grad capable of running the team
,Correcting the biggest mistake from last year. So Gilbert's success isn't nearly as critical but still important.
This years front court is actually better than we had going into 2013.
I love the addition of a rim protector, my biggest concern.
Not much glitz there but complimentary pieces . To be honest we really haven't had many superstar big men as we've thrived with role players,
Larrier is also better than sophomore DD and if healthy on par with junior DD
CV is going to be much better than Rodney as he shoots as well but has a
much better handle and can take it to the hoop. That fact alone gives you more open shots.
He is you starting 2 unless we go with 3 guards.
The speed in a three guard line up is going to keep opposing coachs up late.
Three ball handlers who can shoot. That's rare.
I can't see the doom and gloom prophecy at least for this year.but 2018-19 has certainly has been impacted by recent departures and misses.
All in All
This could be KO 2nd best team only because the 25 win 2015-16 didn't have an experienced true PG , but replacing Adams and Larrier are musts for the future.
Let see how it plays ,out key injuries hurt last years team ,which had potential,
so luck does play into success.

Reaction Score
They have one of the best backcourts in the country if Gilbert is healthy .
They got insurance against his status with a post grad capable of running the team
,Correcting the biggest mistake from last year. So Gilbert's success isn't nearly as critical but still important.
This years front court is actually better than we had going into 2013.
I love the addition of a rim protector, my biggest concern.
Not much glitz there but complimentary pieces . To be honest we really haven't had many superstar big men as we've thrived with role players,
Larrier is also better than sophomore DD and if healthy on par with junior DD
CV is going to be much better than Rodney as he shoots as well but has a
much better handle and can take it to the hoop. That fact alone gives you more open shots.
He is you starting 2 unless we go with 3 guards.
The speed in a three guard line up is going to keep opposing coachs up late.
Three ball handlers who can shoot. That's rare.
I can't see the doom and gloom prophecy at least for this year.but 2018-19 has certainly has been impacted by recent departures and misses.
All in All
This could be KO 2nd best team only because the 25 win 2015-16 didn't have an experienced true PG , but replacing Adams and Larrier are musts for the future.
Let see how it plays ,out key injuries hurt last years team ,which had potential,
so luck does play into success.

The only people who think we have one of the "best backcourts in the country" are on this forum.

pj

Reaction Score
The only people who think we have one of the "best backcourts in the country" are on this forum.

We've got an excellent backcourt, if Gilbert is fully healed and his McD AA status translates to the court.

There are a lot of open questions, but there is enough talent -- and youth -- this year that it will be a good test of KO's ability to coach, meld a team, and develop players.

Reaction Score
We've got an excellent backcourt, if Gilbert is fully healed and his McD AA status translates to the court.

There are a lot of open questions, but there is enough talent -- and youth -- this year that it will be a good test of KO's ability to coach, meld a team, and develop players.

There's definitely potential but to make claims of "one of the best" is just foolish.

Reaction Score
It's going to be so bad that those who are so sure need to really find other teams. It really is awful so begin your search immediately it will pay off to be proactive.

Since I don't guzzle the kool aid like most people on this board I can't be a fan? Are you serious Clark?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
JSMH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom