VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow | The Boneyard

VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow

Reaction Score
Will Paxton just tweeted this. He averaged 9 ppg and 3.6 rpg. I know he was mentioned here before, but will he be eligible to play this season or will he have to sit out?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Did he play with Larrier at VCU ? They will definitely have some stuff
in common to talk about.

Reaction Score
Did he play with Larrier at VCU ? They will definitely have some stuff
in common to talk about.

Nah, and I think they even played for different coaches. That doesn't mean it's not a good connection to have though!

Reaction Score
I think he redshirted freshman year... doesn't he play right away?

Reaction Score
The Basics
  • Rated a 3-star recruit by Rivals.com
  • Athleticism, Ball-Handling, Finishing Through Contact, Slashing Ability, Size For Possession, Ability To Create Plays
  • Originally signed with St. John’s. La Salle, Penn St., George Mason & Seton Hall also recruited him.
  • Talented scorer who impressed on VCU’s summer tour in Spain.
2015-16: Freshman
  • Sat out 2015-16 season after being ruled a partial qualifier by the NCAA.
Prior to VCU
  • Averaged 24.9 points, 9.7 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 2.7 steals per game, while shooting 59-percent from 2-point range as a high school senior.
  • Ranked 35th-best point guard nationally by 247 Sports, including sixth-best in Pennsylvania, as a senior.

Reaction Score
Not feeling too confident on getting him with the teams involved and our recent track record. Also, not sure with his questionable past at VCU if this is the player we need. He will also have to sit out a year.

Reaction Score
Plan A: Makai
Plan B: Harris
Plan C: Waters
Plan D: Moretti
Plan E: This kid

Surely we can't miss on plan E...

I know this whole post is probably in jest, but not sure if we even really wanted Waters (seems as if we backed off) and I don't think Moretti was necessarily ahead of Doughty. We MAY have taken both, or even preferred Doughty over him (with the one caveat being that Moretti could play this year while Doughty is next year), but the timing just dictated that Moretti's visit/decision came first.

That being said, I'm still on the fence about this kid.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know this whole post is probably in jest, but not sure if we even really wanted Waters (seems as if we backed off) and I don't think Moretti was necessarily ahead of Doughty. We MAY have taken both, or even preferred Doughty over him (with the one caveat being that Moretti could play this year while Doughty is next year), but the timing just dictated that Moretti's visit/decision came first.

That being said, I'm still on the fence about this kid.
Even if you take waters off, we're still on plan D. Which isn't great either...

Reaction Score
Doughty averaged 9 points on a really good VCU team last year. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want this kid, we need better talent and he's a good start.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is he a tuna? If so, skipjack? Yellow fin? Or blue fin?

These are the new 'star' ratings at UConn.

5 star = blue fin
4 star = yellow fin
3 star = skipjack
2 star = albacore
1 star = Sorry, Charlie!! (But there's still room here at UCONN!!)

Reaction Score
Doughty averaged 9 points on a really good VCU team last year. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want this kid, we need better talent and he's a good start.

I'd take Doughty over Waters and the Italian kid. He's a stud and will challenge our guys in practice this year like neither of those other two dudes would.

I hope we get him. Bottom line

Reaction Score
Solid fit, wouldn't having jalen carey, doughty, mucius/damezi anderson, and a big from the 2018 class. Theoretically Ollie is in it with a few 5 stars like reddish, simi and brown but I think Carey and a wing are must gets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom