VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow | Page 11 | The Boneyard

VCU transfer Samir Doughty visiting tomorrow

Reaction Score
Facts. Be careful using facts. About a half dozen of these guys will blow a gasket if you are honest and objective. Wave the pom poms really hard and you will be just fine though.

You just keep trying to find those as negative as you Bass and climb on because there aint that many. In all reality he realizes he's not like that either he's just frustrated. Big difference between frustration and just loving to hammer those while down. Keep up the good work while "a half a dozen of us wave pom pom" like a Pollyanna would do. Such an ignorant post but damn you're good at it. If they win this year you will be so unhappy I doubt you even show up to actually discuss basketball.

Reaction Score
You just keep trying to find those as negative as you Bass and climb on because there aint that many. In all reality he realizes he's not like that either he's just frustrated. Big difference between frustration and just loving to hammer those while down. Keep up the good work while "a half a dozen of us wave pom pom" like a Pollyanna would do. Such an ignorant post but damn you're good at it. If they win this year you will be so unhappy I doubt you even show up to actually discuss basketball.
Oh, stop. No one will be unhappy if the team wins. The bottom line for all of us is that we want the team to succeed.

But I have seen this before. When a team has been successful, they lose the coach that got them there, he is replaced with an insider and the team struggles, the fan base always fractures. Some people are impatient and demanding and they get critical fast and often. Some people are eternal optimists and fiercely loyal and they tend to be a little delusional.

I have tell you, the story rarely works out the way the loyalists hope. One example is umass. There are others.

Reaction Score

Nice commentary, right on point and I despise naysayers. My ass will be in the seats at 20-5 or 5-20. I go to every home game and many away. I apologized to you and NOT the others. However I was impressed by the credentials of an individual (you know who you are! Yeah ya do ha)! that psychoanalyzed me from a post or two. He has the mods (moderators), he chose the cool shortened version, releasing me for the big pent up RANT that he diagnosed that I needed and felt that was coming. So basically he knows who I am and what I'm all about from a few words. He chose to negate my apology to YOU and chose to stick with what I wanted to put behind us. I don't know whether that apology was received and accepted, but I FELT that you did and that YOU weren't going to continue the insignificant battle. I've read many of your posts and I respect your knowledge and opinions, so I are crow publicly. Not good enough for the psychiatrist. He FEELS. That I'm just a powder keg ready to explode ha! I'm an athlete as well, not just a bobber that never played, yet is an expert. I played basketball at a D2 college in New Hampshire and averaged 21 ppg as a Freshman, thought I was good enough to play for Perno and O'Brien with Corny, Mike McKay and the Morris Mountain, so I transferred home. I wasn't but I played.?m I then played football in the Yankee Conference for Walt Nadzak at Memorial Stadium, so I'm invested. I've coached for 49 years with kids, I've won a National AAU CHAMPIONSHIP, well I coached, the players won! My Dad graduated from Storrs in 1951 after serving in WWII. He was the Alumni President at UCONN, so understand, UCONN is life, it's so enormous to my existence that when things are this bad, with a horrible conference that we can't get out of, or even win for that matter, players leaving (that weren't NBAplayers anyway), we lose recruit after recruit, have a President that
can't buy a clue, we get blackballed by the bottom feeder of the ACC, the Big East is gone for all intents and purposes, the trip to NYC with my now 91 year old Dad, my Son and theee of the same die hards that NEVER missed ONE trip to the tournament and was more important than any one stretch of any year, the cupboard is bare for 2018, we were rightly mentioned by the top officials and commentators with the Duke!s, Carolina's, Kentucky's of the World, but that train has left the station, FOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since 1999, I could go on, but the haters that own this site are already warming up with their pot shots. I flat lined 3 times in 2012, I survived the WIDOWMAKER which some doctors say only 1 in 1000 survive, my 91 year old Dad has Parkinson's and is failing, my wife has Cancer, my 90 year old Mom is really slowing down, has multiple illnesses, my dog, the absolute love of my life is 12 and her back legs are going, my vehicle is a piece of that I got hosed on, my Uncle & Aunr died within hours of wach other this year, my Cousin, a former Green Beret shot himself in the head and killed himself, my Sisters husband and soul mate died of a heart attack at 41 leaving behind my 2 year old niece who found him on the bathroom floor at 2 in the morning, I view each day as a gift. I still have my parents, I lived long enough to see my little girl get married, I'm trying to keep my best friend pup alive at an enormous expense but she has a quality of life still and it's not time, I've worked at the same job for 38 years that is one where there is no guaotgat when I kiss my wife good bye in the morning that I will return home, my Son is a 6'4" 330 lb former D1 football player with a great job and I have an extremely strong faith base. I'm so sorry to provide you know who with a portion of my story and WHO I AM, but let's call this my RANT! I feel a little bad about the length of this thing (not really) everyone has the ability to stop reading. So UCONN yes they are my passion, yes I do get frustrated and yes how UCONN goes my life goes. UCONN is the glue for my Father Son relationship as well. We suffer but then again, I lived not only to see my baby girl get married to the best Son in Law on the planet, but I also got a 2014 in there to boot ha! So to my friend in MA I hope we're good and to my shrink that I have to let down easy and state publicly, YOU'RE FIRED! I look forward to your next reply though. I can finally say that I was diagnosed by THAT GUY! and you are definitively THAT GUY! Ladies & Gentleman that's part of me, thank you and please remain seated, in just too damn tired of long standing O's! I'm waiting for my battery to die and lose all of this. It would be right up there with the best things that ever happened to you guys ha! God bless, go ahead and have some fun at my expense.

Reaction Score
People that point out the reality of our current situation get called out for not being "real" fans on this board. You continue to say this doesn't happen while you call out people for not being "real" fans. Come on Mau.

Reaction Score
You guys keep bringing up Gonzaga Gonzaga Gonzaga.

Do you not see that Gonzaga with Few is like UConn with Calhoun. They compete in a poor conference because they have a legendary coach who has developed a brand that is really just starting to go mainstream, and the recruits and transfers are rewarding him for this now. UConn were nobodies early on until JC showed he deserves the talent, we are where we are right now because frankly Ollie has not done so.
Please don't compare Few to Calhoun again.

Reaction Score
Jalen was tentative to take the keys. As crappy as it was losing all our guys to injuries, it was huge in helping Jalen taking that next leap. He's going to be an absolute superstar this year; I just wish we had the depth and pieces around him for this team to thrive. A lot, and I mean a lot, of things need to go right for this team to be a top 25 squad.
Jalen deserves better.

Reaction Score
Nice commentary, right on point and I despise naysayers. My ass will be in the seats at 20-5 or 5-20. I go to every home game and many away. I apologized to you and NOT the others. However I was impressed by the credentials of an individual (you know who you are! Yeah ya do ha)! that psychoanalyzed me from a post or two. He has the mods (moderators), he chose the cool shortened version, releasing me for the big pent up RANT that he diagnosed that I needed and felt that was coming. So basically he knows who I am and what I'm all about from a few words. He chose to negate my apology to YOU and chose to stick with what I wanted to put behind us. I don't know whether that apology was received and accepted, but I FELT that you did and that YOU weren't going to continue the insignificant battle. I've read many of your posts and I respect your knowledge and opinions, so I are crow publicly. Not good enough for the psychiatrist. He FEELS. That I'm just a powder keg ready to explode ha! I'm an athlete as well, not just a bobber that never played, yet is an expert. I played basketball at a D2 college in New Hampshire and averaged 21 ppg as a Freshman, thought I was good enough to play for Perno and O'Brien with Corny, Mike McKay and the Morris Mountain, so I transferred home. I wasn't but I played.?m I then played football in the Yankee Conference for Walt Nadzak at Memorial Stadium, so I'm invested. I've coached for 49 years with kids, I've won a National AAU CHAMPIONSHIP, well I coached, the players won! My Dad graduated from Storrs in 1951 after serving in WWII. He was the Alumni President at UConn, so understand, UConn is life, it's so enormous to my existence that when things are this bad, with a horrible conference that we can't get out of, or even win for that matter, players leaving (that weren't NBAplayers anyway), we lose recruit after recruit, have a President that
can't buy a clue, we get blackballed by the bottom feeder of the ACC, the Big East is gone for all intents and purposes, the trip to NYC with my now 91 year old Dad, my Son and theee of the same die hards that NEVER missed ONE trip to the tournament and was more important than any one stretch of any year, the cupboard is bare for 2018, we were rightly mentioned by the top officials and commentators with the Duke!s, Carolina's, Kentucky's of the World, but that train has left the station, FOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since 1999, I could go on, but the haters that own this site are already warming up with their pot shots. I flat lined 3 times in 2012, I survived the WIDOWMAKER which some doctors say only 1 in 1000 survive, my 91 year old Dad has Parkinson's and is failing, my wife has Cancer, my 90 year old Mom is really slowing down, has multiple illnesses, my dog, the absolute love of my life is 12 and her back legs are going, my vehicle is a piece of that I got hosed on, my Uncle & Aunr died within hours of wach other this year, my Cousin, a former Green Beret shot himself in the head and killed himself, my Sisters husband and soul mate died of a heart attack at 41 leaving behind my 2 year old niece who found him on the bathroom floor at 2 in the morning, I view each day as a gift. I still have my parents, I lived long enough to see my little girl get married, I'm trying to keep my best friend pup alive at an enormous expense but she has a quality of life still and it's not time, I've worked at the same job for 38 years that is one where there is no guaotgat when I kiss my wife good bye in the morning that I will return home, my Son is a 6'4" 330 lb former D1 football player with a great job and I have an extremely strong faith base. I'm so sorry to provide you know who with a portion of my story and WHO I AM, but let's call this my RANT! I feel a little bad about the length of this thing (not really) everyone has the ability to stop reading. So UConn yes they are my passion, yes I do get frustrated and yes how UConn goes my life goes. UConn is the glue for my Father Son relationship as well. We suffer but then again, I lived not only to see my baby girl get married to the best Son in Law on the planet, but I also got a 2014 in there to boot ha! So to my friend in MA I hope we're good and to my shrink that I have to let down easy and state publicly, YOU'RE FIRED! I look forward to your next reply though. I can finally say that I was diagnosed by THAT GUY! and you are definitively THAT GUY! Ladies & Gentleman that's part of me, thank you and please remain seated, in just too damn tired of long standing O's! I'm waiting for my battery to die and lose all of this. It would be right up there with the best things that ever happened to you guys ha! God bless, go ahead and have some fun at my expense.

Thanks my dudes! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Nice commentary, right on point and I despise naysayers. My ass will be in the seats at 20-5 or 5-20. I go to every home game and many away. I apologized to you and NOT the others. However I was impressed by the credentials of an individual (you know who you are! Yeah ya do ha)! that psychoanalyzed me from a post or two. He has the mods (moderators), he chose the cool shortened version, releasing me for the big pent up RANT that he diagnosed that I needed and felt that was coming. So basically he knows who I am and what I'm all about from a few words. He chose to negate my apology to YOU and chose to stick with what I wanted to put behind us. I don't know whether that apology was received and accepted, but I FELT that you did and that YOU weren't going to continue the insignificant battle. I've read many of your posts and I respect your knowledge and opinions, so I are crow publicly. Not good enough for the psychiatrist. He FEELS. That I'm just a powder keg ready to explode ha! I'm an athlete as well, not just a bobber that never played, yet is an expert. I played basketball at a D2 college in New Hampshire and averaged 21 ppg as a Freshman, thought I was good enough to play for Perno and O'Brien with Corny, Mike McKay and the Morris Mountain, so I transferred home. I wasn't but I played.?m I then played football in the Yankee Conference for Walt Nadzak at Memorial Stadium, so I'm invested. I've coached for 49 years with kids, I've won a National AAU CHAMPIONSHIP, well I coached, the players won! My Dad graduated from Storrs in 1951 after serving in WWII. He was the Alumni President at UConn, so understand, UConn is life, it's so enormous to my existence that when things are this bad, with a horrible conference that we can't get out of, or even win for that matter, players leaving (that weren't NBAplayers anyway), we lose recruit after recruit, have a President that
can't buy a clue, we get blackballed by the bottom feeder of the ACC, the Big East is gone for all intents and purposes, the trip to NYC with my now 91 year old Dad, my Son and theee of the same die hards that NEVER missed ONE trip to the tournament and was more important than any one stretch of any year, the cupboard is bare for 2018, we were rightly mentioned by the top officials and commentators with the Duke!s, Carolina's, Kentucky's of the World, but that train has left the station, FOUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since 1999, I could go on, but the haters that own this site are already warming up with their pot shots. I flat lined 3 times in 2012, I survived the WIDOWMAKER which some doctors say only 1 in 1000 survive, my 91 year old Dad has Parkinson's and is failing, my wife has Cancer, my 90 year old Mom is really slowing down, has multiple illnesses, my dog, the absolute love of my life is 12 and her back legs are going, my vehicle is a piece of that I got hosed on, my Uncle & Aunr died within hours of wach other this year, my Cousin, a former Green Beret shot himself in the head and killed himself, my Sisters husband and soul mate died of a heart attack at 41 leaving behind my 2 year old niece who found him on the bathroom floor at 2 in the morning, I view each day as a gift. I still have my parents, I lived long enough to see my little girl get married, I'm trying to keep my best friend pup alive at an enormous expense but she has a quality of life still and it's not time, I've worked at the same job for 38 years that is one where there is no guaotgat when I kiss my wife good bye in the morning that I will return home, my Son is a 6'4" 330 lb former D1 football player with a great job and I have an extremely strong faith base. I'm so sorry to provide you know who with a portion of my story and WHO I AM, but let's call this my RANT! I feel a little bad about the length of this thing (not really) everyone has the ability to stop reading. So UConn yes they are my passion, yes I do get frustrated and yes how UConn goes my life goes. UConn is the glue for my Father Son relationship as well. We suffer but then again, I lived not only to see my baby girl get married to the best Son in Law on the planet, but I also got a 2014 in there to boot ha! So to my friend in MA I hope we're good and to my shrink that I have to let down easy and state publicly, YOU'RE FIRED! I look forward to your next reply though. I can finally say that I was diagnosed by THAT GUY! and you are definitively THAT GUY! Ladies & Gentleman that's part of me, thank you and please remain seated, in just too damn tired of long standing O's! I'm waiting for my battery to die and lose all of this. It would be right up there with the best things that ever happened to you guys ha! God bless, go ahead and have some fun at my expense.

Wow God bless.

I think you know we're good by the post no issues never were any. Nice post lots of respect here.

Reaction Score
People that point out the reality of our current situation get called out for not being "real" fans on this board. You continue to say this doesn't happen while you call out people for not being "real" fans. Come on Mau.

I must have missed pointing out the "real fan" stuff? Point it to me so I can apologize ok SJ?

Reaction Score
Wow God bless.

I think you know we're good by the post no issues never were any. Nice post lots of respect here.
Actually I was waiting for that. . Thanks I appreciate it. Maybe we can get a beer and a burger pregame in Hartford across the street from Civic Center or if it's Storrs, Tolland Pizza. It's nice that I got a bunch of likes for baring my soul, but that's us as KO says "we ain't no Cinderella WE UCONN" my favorite all time KO ha! But I had the need to get us straight. Much love, go UC!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Oh, stop. No one will be unhappy if the team wins. The bottom line for all of us is that we want the team to succeed.

But I have seen this before. When a team has been successful, they lose the coach that got them there, he is replaced with an insider and the team struggles, the fan base always fractures. Some people are impatient and demanding and they get critical fast and often. Some people are eternal optimists and fiercely loyal and they tend to be a little delusional.

I have tell you, the story rarely works out the way the loyalists hope. One example is umass. There are others.

Please tell me you're not comparing us to UMASS. We have won four national titles. They've been to one Final Four in their entire history. We've been to five. Oh, and theirs has been vacated by the NCAA, so it doesn't even officially count. We're about as much like UMASS as they're like UCLA.

It's not delusional to take a wait and see attitude with a program that has WON two national championships within the past six seasons, one of which during the regime of the present head coach. That buys him a fairly long leash. If we don't improve during the upcoming season then fine, I'll be just as anxious to see a new direction for the program, but until then, I prefer to see if the present staff can get things turned around. Why that should be delusional, I'm not sure.

Reaction Score

Please find one example where I have been negative with regard to the players. You won't, because it doesn't exist. My issue is with the coaching staff's performance over the past three seasons. Well coached teams don't fall behind by double digits in the first half regularly, and they certainly don't lose back to back home games against teams like Wagner AND Northeastern. The players deserve better, the program deserves better and we as fans have come to expect far better than what we have seen since Shabazz left. Missing the tournament two of the past three seasons simply is not satisfactory for a once elite program like UConn. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

I honestly enjoyed the Perno years more than the last three. At least those teams usually won the games they were supposed to, and often gave superior opponents a tough time even in defeat.

Reaction Score
Please tell me you're not comparing us to UMASS. We have won four national titles. They've been to one Final Four in their entire history. We've been to five. Oh, and theirs has been vacated by the NCAA, so it doesn't even officially count. We're about as much like UMASS as they're like UCLA.

It's not delusional to take a wait and see attitude with a program that has WON two national championships within the past six seasons, one of which during the regime of the present head coach. That buys him a fairly long leash. If we don't improve during the upcoming season then fine, I'll be just as anxious to see a new direction for the program, but until then, I prefer to see if the present staff can get things turned around. Why that should be delusional, I'm not sure.

UConn had 3 of its 5 returning healthy (non-redshirt) players transfer and it's best recruit MAL decommitted. We return a star in Adams and a pretty good player in Vital. Other than that, the roster (which by the way still isn't full at the end of June) is filled with question marks due to injuries or lack of experience. If Gilbert and Larrier are fully healthy, that would provide a great boost. I have no idea what to expect from Diarra. I love how hard he plays, but nobody really knows what his knees will allow him to do, plus he hasn't played a minute of college ball. I guess some of us are keeping our expectations reasonable due to all the question marks and lack of success since Bazz graduated.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UConn had 3 of its 5 returning healthy (non-redshirt) players transfer and it's best recruit MAL decommitted. We return a star in Adams and a pretty good player in Vital. Other than that, the roster (which by the way still isn't full at the end of June) is filled with question marks due to injuries or lack of experience. If Gilbert and Larrier are fully healthy, that would provide a great boost. I have no idea what to expect from Diarra. I love how hard he plays, but nobody really knows what his knees will allow him to do, plus he hasn't played a minute of college ball. I guess some of us are keeping our expectations reasonable due to all the question marks and lack of success since Bazz graduated.
Or.... simply put many are keeping expectations reasonable because nothing over the last 4 years under Ollie has warranted anything greater. The patterns of unachievable hype preseason into early losses against bad teams two weeks into the season have been like clockwork since we lost Bazz.

Reaction Score
Please find one example where I have been negative with regard to the players. You won't, because it doesn't exist. My issue is with the coaching staff's performance over the past three seasons. Well coached teams don't fall behind by double digits in the first half regularly, and they certainly don't lose back to back home games against teams like Wagner AND Northeastern. The players deserve better, the program deserves better and we as fans have come to expect far better than what we have seen since Shabazz left. Missing the tournament two of the past three seasons simply is not satisfactory for a once elite program like UConn. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend?

I honestly enjoyed the Perno years more than the last three. At least those teams usually won the games they were supposed to, and often gave superior opponents a tough time even in defeat.

I don't even know what to say to anyone who liked the Perno years more than the last 3. Again says something about you when an NCAA tourney bid and a win over Colorado is worst than Pernos years. Just a KO hater I guess good for you bass keep up the good work. I mean Don had players he didn't what to do with that's hilarious it really is. You can do better I hope

UConnNick

Reaction Score

I haven't seen even the biggest of the so-called Pollyannas here making bold predictions that we're gonna run the table in the AAC and triumphantly march into the NCAA's as a four seed or better this coming season. I don't think many Husky fans have expectations remotely close to that. Wait and see means just that. It doesn't mean you have delusional expectations.

As always, you're nothing if not consistent, totally ignoring that we won the AAC Tournament and lost to No. 1 seed Kansas in the round of 32 in the NCAAs the year before last, and you again conveniently ignore that our injury situation this past season was a complete dumpster fire. Somehow that is apparently all Ollie's fault. I guess he runs practices too hard and everybody gets injured, I don't know.

I'm still willing to give him a free pass for the past season. 2015 was a disappointment, no question, and that's on him. 2016 was an OK season, and last season was a throwaway. In my view, he's been successful in three out of the four seasons he's had a full complement of his roster players. He's also 7-1 in NCAA games he's coached. Probably like most everybody else, if next season is another dumpster fire due to whatever, barring another round of catastrophic injuries, then I'll be inclined to want Ollie roasted at the stake. Until then, I'm willing to see what happens.

Reaction Score
Seriously? "If they win this year you will be so unhappy I doubt you even show up to actually discuss basketball." -mauconnfan

Missing the "real fan" stuff don't get it? You can be a fan and just not like KO so much you root against him right? But keep showing me your assumptions.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen even the biggest of the so-called Pollyannas here making bold predictions that we're gonna run the table in the AAC and triumphantly march into the NCAA's as a four seed or better this coming season. I don't think many Husky fans have expectations remotely close to that. Wait and see means just that. It doesn't mean you have delusional expectations.

As always, you're nothing if not consistent, totally ignoring that we won the AAC Tournament and lost to No. 1 seed Kansas in the round of 32 in the NCAAs the year before last, and you again conveniently ignore that our injury situation this past season was a complete dumpster fire. Somehow that is apparently all Ollie's fault. I guess he runs practices too hard and everybody gets injured, I don't know.

I'm still willing to give him a free pass for the past season. 2015 was a disappointment, no question, and that's on him. 2016 was an OK season, and last season was a throwaway. In my view, he's been successful in three out of the four seasons he's had a full complement of his roster players. He's also 7-1 in NCAA games he's coached. Probably like most everybody else, if next season is another dumpster fire due to whatever, barring another round of catastrophic injuries, then I'll be inclined to want Ollie roasted at the stake. Until then, I'm willing to see what happens.

This is pretty much spot on how most should be looking at things at this point. I know some just can't but this is solid Nick thanks

Not much else we can do

Reaction Score
Missing the "real fan" stuff don't get it? You can be a fan and just not like KO so much you root against him right? But keep showing me your assumptions.
The disingenuous act isn't a good look.

Reaction Score
The disingenuous act isn't a good look.

Ok sj whatever you say. You obviously are going to look at it as you will and you're wrong, but I'm through.

You and bass go have dinner and talk about how bad things have been and how the future doesn't look good. I will choose someone to hit a tavern with and discuss what we hope can happen and potentially how they can turn things around. Guess who will have more fun? Well I take that back, some enjoy misery it would seem so maybe we'll all have fun.;)

UConnNick

Reaction Score
This is pretty much spot on how most should be looking at things at this point. I know some just can't but this is solid Nick thanks

Not much else we can do

I think this debate is nothing more than a classic glass is half empty vs. glass is half full clash of personalities. The funny thing is I'm normally on the half empty side. I wanted Diaco outta here from the point where he talked about the first few games of his first season as exhibitions he didn't care whether we won or lost. I was way ahead of the curve from most folks. I suppose in retrospect that was kinda unfair, but with what happened I now get to bask in the glow of being vindicated. I'm just kidding, I don't care anything about that, but there are obviously plenty of folks that do. If I'm all wrong about Ollie at the end of the coming season, I'll be glad to admit it.

I think we all want what's best for UConn as UConn fans, we just see differing pathways to get there.

Reaction Score
Ok sj whatever you say. You obviously are going to look at it as you will and you're wrong, but I'm through.

You and bass go have dinner and talk about how bad things have been and how the future doesn't look good. I will choose someone to hit a tavern with and discuss what we hope can happen and potentially how they can turn things around. Guess who will have more fun? Well I take that back, some enjoy misery it would seem so maybe we'll all have fun.;)

Well you know I'm in brotato chip! We can do the burger, beer and #DRIVE45 talk! As of today I'm thinking National Championship or bust! It's EXACTLY the type of team that KEA!s the country! #SHOCKTHEWORLD!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom