USF Postgame Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

USF Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
And you don't know your posts can score inside until you see that their shots aren't falling either.

You better play to your strength or you won't win no matter inside or out.
“Inside game” isn’t only scoring —it’s sweeping the boards at BOTH ends as well as forcing the opponents to play an outside game-for which they may or not be suited.
The further out you can force your opponent to shoot the lower the % of the ball going through the hoop.
JMHO

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine walking into the locker room after a Final Four loss and telling your players that you had a wonderful season, won a lot of games, but at UConn that’s not enough. What a slap in the face to your players and staff to imply going home without the big trophy is somehow failing. UConn is 164-10 since taking said big trophy home and have been to 13 straight Final Fours. In what universe exactly is that not good enough? There are over 350 D-1 women’s programs, and I’m guessing that each one of those programs would love to “fail” in a similar manner.
so you're implying what my statement is about and taking it out of context so get off your soapbox bruh

Reaction Score
At it's core you come to Uconn to win championships thats the measuring stick not fair but that's the way it is and everyone knows it so winning games is not enough at Uconn win the game and proceed to championships and whether you admit or not if we don't produce in the low post we'll lose again getting to the finals is not the goal at Uconn winning it all is. we've "Won" a lot of games the past 4 years but that's not the objective it's just a part of it.

I replied to what you posted- you typed it, you defend it. I’m not on a soapbox, and if you don’t want to be misunderstood, or as you say, taken out of context, you might consider that punctuation is your friend. BTW, I’m definitely not your “bruh”.

Reaction Score
“Inside game” isn’t only scoring —it’s sweeping the boards at BOTH ends as well as forcing the opponents to play an outside game-for which they may or not be suited.
The further out you can force your opponent to shoot the lower the % of the ball going through the hoop.
JMHO
Similar goes with great guard play. It isn't just scoring from the guards.. The more you extend the defense - the more the court opens up.

Reaction Score
Similar goes with great guard play. It isn't just scoring from the guards.. The more you extend the defense - the more the court opens up.
Agreed.
Today (IMHO) UCONN will need to hit from outside early and consistently, opening up the lanes for penetration and drawing fouls from Boston et al.
Need to get SC into foul situations and sit them down.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn needs to play zone for 2 reasons To stay out of foul trouble and to force SC to shoot from the outside
UConn needs 4 double diget scorers to win which they have

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
35CB4806-0AC0-4165-B837-1C2F618693FC.jpeg

Reaction Score
When did I say anything about veteran leadership? I’m all in on Paige’s leadership. I imagine the SC nervous nellies are as concerned about what they see as shortcomings as some on the BY are about UCONN’s. I would imagine primarily how they can stop the Husky’s guards. Let’s just see what happens. I remain optimistic.
so much for that

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If (I’m not saying or suggesting we will) we lose tomorrow, the yard will blow up. Posters will be calling for everything from new players in the starting lineup to Geno’s termination. :confused: Win or lose, tomorrow’s post game comments should be very interesting.

I sincerely hope the players avoid the BY tomorrow and for the rest of the season. I know that some parents visit us from time to time.

On one occasion, a parent reviled herself to us after some very complimentary things were written about her daughter.
Was I right or not? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom