USF Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USF Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
The problem with your tone is that while I agree 100% that it won't be a deep bench and we're probably going to struggle to get much scoring from the post but in response -- you have to do what you're best at to try to win the game. In tight games you play to your strengths.

Got the whole year to work on getting better scoring from the posts.
Try got ‘till tomorrow.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At risk of being taken with one of those proverbial 'grains of salt, I'll continue to lean on what Geno said in pre-season about Dorka and Caroline.

Dorka has made some bad misplays, yet she also had six rebounds in 12 minutes today compared to five in 35 minutes for Liv. She's got game, as shown for several years in Big 10 competition. Those of us who are Liv fans should readily admit she has for more than three seasons consistently committed the same type of errors that Dorka is now being criticized for now.

Yes, Liv will block a shot now and then... after all, she's tied for the team lead so far with five in three games. Only tied? Yup, with Paige!

Caroline? Those who are already discounting her from the rotation might well look back one day and say, 'what was I thinking?' She seems to lack optimum quickness on D but she has so many positive skills, length and, beyond that, an aggressive style of game that so many of you love in Nika, yet with more basketball savvy and talent.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and opinions. I've been reading the BY for many years yet am still a relative newbie here.

Who knows what'll transpire tomorrow, but I know that I'm glad to have you all to supplement the enjoyment I get from watching the Huskies play each winter.
When assessing Liv’s play, you can’t overlook her passing, which is exceptional. Yes she’s tied with Paige for the team lead in blocks. She is also second on the team with 15 assists to Paige’s 19. UConn runs a lot of their offensive action through Liv at the high post.

Reaction Score
When assessing Liv’s play, you can’t overlook her passing, which is exceptional. Yes she’s tied with Paige for the team lead in blocks. She is also second on the team with 15 assists to Paige’s 19. UConn runs a lot of their offensive action through Liv at the high post.
Unquestionably, and that aspect of her game is well ahead of Dorka's at this point.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
If the Huskies are going to get out rebounded anyways, they might as well play 4 guards.
I'm with you guys. It's more difficult for bigs to chase guards on the perimeter than it is for guards to handle bigs in a congested lane. And there's no 3-second violation out by the arc.

Reaction Score
Not that it matters, but I think this is a game that we could have really used Aubrey in with her athleticism and they way she hustles for boards. I hope her recovery is going well and she is feeling better soon. Has there been any recent updates on how she’s doing or when she might return?

Glad we came out with a win today and I was so impressed with Azzi. She looked so much more comfortable today and had an amazing performance.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not that it matters, but I think this is a game that we could have really used Aubrey in with her athleticism and they way she hustles for boards. I hope her recovery is going well and she is feeling better soon. Has there been any recent updates on how she’s doing or when she might return?

Glad we came out with a win today and I was so impressed with Azzi. She looked so much more comfortable today and had an amazing performance.
Aubrey provides a lot of things UConn could really use right now: defense, rebounding and energy off the bench. As much as she was missed today, Aubrey could really be missed tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Aubrey provides a lot of things UConn could really use right now: defense, rebounding and energy off the bench. As much as she was missed today, Aubrey could really be missed tomorrow.
Absolutely. After both the Arkansas game and this game I thought it was clear how much we could have used her. I don’t want to say I ever underestimated her because I have always been a huge fan of her game and the energy she brings, but I will say I didn’t realize exactly how valuable she is to this team until this season when she hasn’t been playing. I can’t wait until we have her back on the court, but most importantly I just hope she recovers and is in good health soon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here we go. The presser Geno host's Paige vs Azzi :eek::eek:

Geno on Azzi. I wish she had some of Paiges just playing brainless

Geno on Paige. Sometimes I wish she had some of Azzi's discipline.

Direct comparisons to a young Sue and DT

and the best.

Well, we needed someone to make 3's today, and then gives a long (fun) smirk in paige's direction.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I haven't watched the game vs USF, but I didn't think we'd be talking about how much we miss Aubrey and her defense and intangibles on the defensive side. She is one of our best defenders on the perimeter and because of her athleticism can be disruptive (think a prior Tennessee game). Her few big plays can be a 6 point swing just like that. I look forward to getting Aubrey back soon and having her be a big part of the rotation and another person Geno can call to to help lock down a hot hand.

Reaction Score
Coach Staley got 14 players into the game and cut it “close” with a 17 point win.
Yesterday, Geno ...??
I think tomorrow could get ugly.
Hope I’m wrong.
And, yes, I’m UCONN fan.
Let’s be real.

Reaction Score
No team in the country will have the weapons on the perimeter that this team does, but it’s hard to consistently beat good teams from the outside in.
Tomorrow’s game, no matter the opponent, is going to be against big and long. The perimeter players will have to be great to win, and I’m anxious to see how UConn defends that size, and what lineup GA goes with. I think the bench will be shorter tomorrow, but all those that play will need to make a positive impact.

JMO
Yes it's hard it’s hard to consistently beat good teams from the outside in. It's hard to win it all anyway. Even if you have balance it's still hard though having balance is best. And unless they get better post scoring they will become more susceptible to an off night. However, the point of the perimeter is that UCONN has potentially 5 shooters. It's especially hard for all to be off or even 4 as the season progresses though ofc possible. IMO CWill and Evina are "nervous shooters" - but anyhow UCONN has 5. And I do expect some struggles because of the lack of balance. Edwards and Dorka not giving the offense but UCONN still very, very formidable. VS SC UCONN has the lower floor but the higher ceiling unless Dork and Edwards continue to struggle greatly. .

Until the post play is worked out - if it ever gets worked out- you play to your strength-- which is the perimeter.

Reaction Score
I hope the Huskies can win. I just can't root for the other team with a male body part as a mascot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom