Unbeatens | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Unbeatens

Reaction Score
With the losses of North Carolina and Kentucky, there are remaining 12 unbeaten teams.

Team
Wins
Arizona​
10​
Binghamton​
9​
Colorad​
9​
Connecticut​
8​
Florida St​
10​
Kansas​
9​
Loyola-Chicago​
8​
NC St​
10​
Oregon St​
9​
Stanford​
9​
Texas Tech​
7​
UCLA​
9​
Five of the 13 are from PAC-12, including Colorado picked to finish last in conference but excluding one loss Oregon picked to finish first. Going undefeated at this stage in the mostly non-conference pre-season is an ego boost but more a reflection on your scheduling than in your actual prowess.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Review from the top:
1. Fraud-haven’t played ANYONE
2. See #1
3. See #1 and #2
4. Legitimate
5. Good but suspect due to some close games that shouldn’t have been. They have beaten 2 ranked teams (Mich St and TexasAM) and a good LSU team.
6. Fraud-see #1,2,3
7. Fraud-see 6 and add #6
8. Good beat Texas and a ranked Maryland and nothing else though
9. Legitimate
10. Legitimate
11. Fraud..need I type it?
12. Good. But they haven’t played ANYONE YET. Very disappointing of Cori on her scheduling....especially with Dean, Chou, Onyenwere and others on this team.

Reaction Score
Re #5....actually only one game was close...beat St. Johns by four after being up by 15.

Beat TAMU by 22 and Michigan State by 10....have a 23.5 winning margin average.

I guess you could consider their next closest game....an 8 point win vs LSU "close"...but FSU pulled away with 8 unanswered points

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Review from the top:
2. See #1
3. See #1 and #2
4. Legitimate
5. Good but suspect due to some close games that shouldn’t have been. They have beaten 2 ranked teams (Mich St and TexasAM) and a good LSU team.
6. Fraud-see #1,2,3
9. Legitimate
10. Legitimate
12. Good. But they haven’t played ANYONE YET. Very disappointing of Cori on her scheduling....especially with Dean, Chou, Onyenwere and others on this team.
As I said, many of these unbeaten owe their status to scheduling but fraud is a bit much. The other team I root for, Colorado, isn’t even going to come close to going undefeated once PAC-12 season play starts, but those nine wins are the result of unexpected excellent play, thanks to exceptional performances from 1st and 2nd year players. But mostly these teams aren’t ranked, that’s where you could level fraud labels, I suppose, though why bother? Winning up to 10 games without a loss is still achievement, never mind the competition. It is, however, how you won those games that is important. And how Colorado won those games impressed me, though I still expect them to lose 10 games this year. Unless you have watched those games you really can’t judge. Is UConn a fraud because it plays in an extremely weak conference?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Review from the top:
2. See #1
3. See #1 and #2
4. Legitimate
6. Fraud-see #1,2,3
9. Legitimate
10. Legitimate
Binghamton plays Miami tomorrow

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Binghamton plays Miami tomorrow
Ok, you intrigued me enough to go to Massey and look at Binghamton. Wow, they have played the worst collections of teams I have seen yet this year! 1 team rated below 200 (@Cornell at #181 and a 59-56 win), they play#56 Miami, then #172 Austin Peary and then ALL 300 ranked teams with some 200 sprinkled in. I encourage anyone to go and look. This team could have just 1 loss come March.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
As I said, many of these unbeaten owe their status to scheduling but fraud is a bit much. The other team I root for, Colorado, isn’t even going to come close to going undefeated once PAC-12 season play starts, but those nine wins are the result of unexpected excellent play, thanks to exceptional performances from 1st and 2nd year players. But mostly these teams aren’t ranked, that’s where you could level fraud labels, I suppose, though why bother? Winning up to 10 games without a loss is still achievement, never mind the competition. It is, however, how you won those games that is important. And how Colorado won those games impressed me, though I still expect them to lose 10 games this year. Unless you have watched those games you really can’t judge. Is UConn a fraud because it plays in an extremely weak conference?
Colorado schedule is currently ranked 200 and given we are talking about “unbeaten” to imply “this team is good”, NO, Colorado is not good. Yes, they are young and yes next year they may be middle of the PAC but to schedule such an atrocious schedule and then for you to express dismay at my “fraud” claim is not logical. They will not make the NCAAT despite being 9-0 and probably 11-0 before conference play begins. That’s a phony 11-0 record as the best team BY FAR they beat was #94 Wisconsin. I stand by my fraud assertion. I will root for them in PAC12 play though as I want the most to be competitive. ;)

Reaction Score
So,
Colorado schedule is currently ranked 200 and given we are talking about “unbeaten” to imply “this team is good”, NO, Colorado is not good. Yes, they are young and yes next year they may be middle of the PAC but to schedule such an atrocious schedule and then for you to express dismay at my “fraud” claim is not logical. They will not make the NCAAT despite being 9-0 and probably 11-0 before conference play begins. That’s a phony 11-0 record as the best team BY FAR they beat was #94 Wisconsin. I stand by my fraud assertion. I will root for them in PAC12 play though as I want the most to be competitive. ;)
Like me, I guess you watched, those 9 games, right, otherwise you wouldn’t give that evaluation. They will lose a lot of PAC-12 games. If they were in UConn’s conference they would battle for second, which I admit is not saying much.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
So,

Like me, I guess you watched, those 9 games, right, otherwise you wouldn’t give that evaluation. They will lose a lot of PAC-12 games. If they were in UConn’s conference they would battle for second, which I admit is not saying much.
Well, like I said, the Buffs schedule is pathetic and while the AAC is not good and USF may or may not make the Tournament from the American, at least they played a real OOC and would beat Colorado. If you want to say they are worthy, what proof do we have? Beating #94 Wisconsin as your best win? :confused: But yeah, they are worthy...NOT!

Reaction Score
With Miami removing Binghamton yesterday, we are down to 11 unbeaten teams
Team
Wins
Arizona​
10​
Colorado​
9​
Connecticut​
9​
Florida St​
10​
Kansas​
9​
Loyola-Chicago​
9​
NC State​
10​
Oregon St​
9​
Stanford​
9​
Texas Tech​
8​
UCLA​
9​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Team
Wins
Arizona​
10​
Colorado​
9​
Connecticut​
9​
Florida St​
10​
Kansas​
9​
Loyola-Chicago​
9​
NC State​
10​
Oregon​
9​
Stanford​
9​
Texas Tech​
8​
UCLA​
9​
Loyola-Chicago will be the next unbeaten to go down when they play DePaul this week. That will only leave power 5 conference teams left + UConn, who will all(I believe) have at least one loss by the end of January, 2020.

Reaction Score
If FSU gets by Michigan on Sunday...they might make it halfway through January undefeated...

They will play VT, Syracuse, GT, Miami, UNC...before playing #9 NC State on the road 1-16-00.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Team
Wins
Arizona​
10​
Colorado​
9​
Connecticut​
9​
Florida St​
10​
Kansas​
9​
Loyola-Chicago​
9​
NC State​
10​
Oregon​
9​
Stanford​
9​
Texas Tech​
8​
UCLA​
9​

Not Oregon. Oregon St.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Colorado narrowly avoided defeat today, after trailing most of the game vs. UAB (on a neutral court in New Orleans), they prevailed in overtime.

DePaul tries to end Loyola Chicago's unbeaten tenure in a couple of hours.

Reaction Score
Colorado narrowly avoided defeat today, after trailing most of the game vs. UAB (on a neutral court in New Orleans), they prevailed in overtime.

DePaul tries to end Loyola Chicago's unbeaten tenure in a couple of hours.
DePaul in fact was successful. Now down to 10

Today Arizona most likely not too challenged by UC Santa Barbara
Colorado plays Tulane.

Reaction Score
DePaul in fact was successful. Now down to 10

Today Arizona most likely not too challenged by UC Santa Barbara
Colorado plays Tulane.
This is a Tulane sponsored tournament in which they are 42-5 lifetime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom