UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
A PC team that is alot better than the old BE days. A Creighton and Villanova team that will have NC aspirations next season. A very tall athletic, defensive, upper classmen Seton Hall squad, same with Xavier and if Paul Reed stays, count DePaul in that group. Probably the best defensive team/ scrappy Butler that will force you to play their style. Georgetown is Georgetown but should be alot better with McClung fully healthy and Pickett primed. Another year with Mike Anderson at the helm and St Johns should be improved (good luck trying to get the ball over half court) they hurt everyone in the BE with that press....avg like 12TO a game. Marquette brings in the best recruiting class in the BE........but hey what do I know
We’re bringing Bouk though!

Reaction Score
It'll be Georgetown, Villanova and Providence. Georgetown is on a similar trajectory to us, so we'll bump up against them. Villanova for obvious reasons. Providence just because of the regional significance. They're just incredibly annoying.

The Xavier fans are really fun and I think that'll be our friendly rivalry. Both St John's and Seton Hall have had their moments with us in the past; so i'm looking forward to seeing how that one goes, too.

Reaction Score
We’re not worried, we’re excited. Because the UConn y’all think y’all getting, the one from the last 4-5 yrs. y’all ain’t getting. We’re coming, lol

1584918820068.png

Reaction Score
My ego? Lmao. You’re on a UConn message bored proclaiming “it’s coming”. But it’s my ego? Sure lmao

Reaction Score
This Random thread already has more back and forth with conference foes than the entire N years in the AAC.

I plugged in N above because I cannot be bothered to look up how long we were in that other conference.

Reaction Score
This Random thread already has more back and forth with conference foes than the entire N years in the AAC.

I plugged in N above because I cannot be bothered to look up how long we were in that other conference.
Seems like 20?

Reaction Score
I don’t think they’re anything. You thinking we should be weary or afraid is hilarious. It’s lmao hilarious. I’m not afraid of Providence....AT ALL

Reaction Score
I've never been to Cincinnati and would love to check out the city if they play there on the weekends.
Here is the downside of coming to Cincinnati to play Xavier instead of the Bearcats.... UC campus is next to downtown and has tons of bars and restaurants in walking distance to the arena. Xavier campus is no man’s land and has basically nothing outside the Cintas Center. Hell I don’t even remember the last time I drove by Xavier and I live less than 5 minutes from there. Obviously I would still prefer to not being playing the Bearcats annually though lol

Reaction Score

41 Years!

Reaction Score
Here is the downside of coming to Cincinnati to play Xavier instead of the Bearcats.... UC campus is next to downtown and has tons of bars and restaurants in walking distance to the arena. Xavier campus is no man’s land and has basically nothing outside the Cintas Center. Hell I don’t even remember the last time I drove by Xavier and I live less than 5 minutes from there. Obviously I would still prefer to not being playing the Bearcats annually though lol
You will just have to settle for better basketball.

Reaction Score
I don't think we're being cocky. I'm sure UConn will lose to PC sometimes. But I just don't see us being big rivals. That's all I'm saying. When was the last time these 2 teams played an important game where both teams were good? I think you need that for it to be a rivalry. They were both in the Big East for over 30 years and when did you consider them to be big rivals?
Careful with talking smack here. Without looking it up PC pretty much always played us tough. You mention 1990 being the last meaningful game. How about the 1994 Big East semi final? Plus they will be very good next year and we just might struggle. I think they will be our biggest rival.

Reaction Score
No not at all but u have to admit , hard to really argue the two programs - not even on same planet. I’m a big Red Sox fan, before 2004, what cud I really say to a Yankees fan? Kinda like that. Yer debates ring hollow. We have 4 nattys. I have nothing against providence. Yer kinda like our little bro /sis tugging at our leg. We ll entertain u but both sides kno u can’t really say anything to UConn fans because of how amazing our history has been. I hope we beat you guys both games next year -which may or may not happen -and I wish you all the best in making the NCAA tournament (better for our region) it’s not really a rivalry guys -come on

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="ucp990411, post: 3489755, member: 1217"] Careful with talking smack here. Without looking it up PC pretty much always played us tough. You mention 1990 being the last meaningful game. How about the 1994 Big East semi final? Plus they will be very good next year and we just might struggle. I think they will be our biggest rival. [/QUOTE] providence has always played us tuff. But when one program has 4 national titles and consistently puts players in the NBA and the other program hasnt gotten past the first round in years - I don’t think it’s really an argument. All I’m saying is I just think it’s funny that a PC fan wud even try to say anything to a UConn fan. They hate us because obviously they want Our winning tradition. I have no hate for them because when you compare the two programs - it’s comical.

Reaction Score
Surprised by so many people saying PC. They are close by but we're a big time national program, they aren't. It was always fun playing them but I never considered them a rival.

Uconn considering PC a rival is like a varsity team considering a middle school Y team its rival.

Reaction Score
Uconn considering PC a rival is like a varsity team considering a middle school Y team its rival.
UConn has been down a few years, but we still respect you. None of us consider you a middle school Y team

Reaction Score
UConn has been down a few years, but we still respect you. None of us consider you a middle school Y team
You're terrible at this, at least be creative.

Reaction Score

Why would you consider us anything but legit and on our way back, the Wildcats shot lights out and had to survive on a day we weren't very good. Our Huskies were much better end of the year and becoming the team we expect to compete mentally, physically and talent wise when they begin Big East play. These fans from the Big East coming here to let US know how much tougher the league was is too funny. We carried everyones butt for 20 years in the Big East we know better than anyone what it takes every day so relax Friar and Nova fans, we get it. :rolleyes: hahaha.....it is getting fun already!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom