UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

Reaction Score
Providence. Always a great rivalry with hard fought games, even when we were the much better team.
This. Many in the series were under 10pt games. They held their own at home. The advantage was at our place which included hard fought games.

Reaction Score
27-38 UConn leads the series, but not bad for PC. Since the realignment of the BE, PC I believe is second or third in conference wins behind Villanova.

Reaction Score
Why even respond? It’s PC - they can’t get out of first round. It’s like playing my little sister 1 on 1. I always rooted for them and all big East teams once they made the tournament they re no threat to us. It’s not even a debate
Maybe not in the old BE.....things have changed

Reaction Score
Maybe not in the old BE.....things have changed
Not saying that Providence won’t be better than us or beat us but given the last 30 years what makes any providence fan think they can even come close to talking trash to a Uconn fan?

Reaction Score
Maybe the PC home game during the Dream Season? They were good that year, fighting for a spot in the dance. Their fans left to the sound of 1000's of UConn fans chanting "P-C N-I-T!"
I still chant that, often for no reason at all. It just pops into my head.

Reaction Score
This is every interaction I’ve ever had with Providence fans
1584903748176.jpeg

Reaction Score
a rivalry isn't a unilateral decision, the other school needs to feel the same way. we'll probably need to win at least one big east chip, preferably by beating Nova, before they'll begin to concede we're a legit threat to their conference dominance

Last edited:
Reaction Score
[BC and UMass] are not today, but projecting forward they should be. You should schedule them in both sports every year and build a rivalry.

Today you are not on a position to dominate them in football. Maybe someday.

no one was talking about football here, yourself included... if that were part of the calculus then you forgot to include Drexel and U Delaware on Nova's list of rivals. the colonial conference lol.

Reaction Score
Maybe don't bring up programs who are way more accompished than you on the national stage for the past couple decades if you're trying to put your program in a good light.

Reaction Score
a rivalry isn't a unilateral decision, the other school needs to feel the same way. we'll probably need to win at least one big east chip, preferably by beating Nova, before they'll begin to concede we're a legit threat to their conference dominance
Nova won 2 regular season Big East titles in the last 30 years before the league broke up and 1 conference tournament championship in those 30 years. They should be kissing our stones that the conference broke up. We'll be right there with them really soon and take over again.

Reaction Score
Nova won 2 regular season Big East titles in the last 30 years before the league broke up and 1 conference tournament championship in those 30 years. They should be kissing our stones that the conference broke up. We'll be right there with them really soon and take over again.
i get all that but past performance isnt indicative of future success. no one cares anymore that UCLA won 11 chips or that IU won 5. i'm as optimistic as anyone but we need to earn back the respect we lost not just take it for granted

Reaction Score
Already have another thread on this. The answer is Nova.

We never had a natural rival and it became Cuse because we were the two best. Nova and UConn will be the two best and it will get the marquee tv slots and become a rivalry.
We did have a Big East rival named BCU. But after bludgeoning them 22 times consecutively, it became more of a mercy rivalry.

I think the consensus is right this time: Nova and PC. But top to bottom, this is going to be a brutal conference day in and day out.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Nova has their hands full with that Kansas rivalry anyways

Reaction Score
Now watching CBS TV as it re-airs the 2016 Villanova v. UNC National Championship game.

Jay Wright flat out out coached Roy Williams.

I love hearing Bill Rafferty providing color commentary

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Now watching CBS TV as it re-airs the 2016 Villanova v. UNC National Championship game.

Jay Wright flat out out coached Roy Williams.

I love hearing Bill Rafferty providing color commentary

I forgot how sloppy this game was.

and how poorly Jenkins shot in the second half prior to his shot at the end. Brutal

Reaction Score
What’s coming? Lmaoo
A PC team that is alot better than the old BE days. A Creighton and Villanova team that will have NC aspirations next season. A very tall athletic, defensive, upper classmen Seton Hall squad, same with Xavier and if Paul Reed stays, count DePaul in that group. Probably the best defensive team/ scrappy Butler that will force you to play their style. Georgetown is Georgetown but should be alot better with McClung fully healthy and Pickett primed. Another year with Mike Anderson at the helm and St Johns should be improved (good luck trying to get the ball over half court) they hurt everyone in the BE with that press....avg like 12TO a game. Marquette brings in the best recruiting class in the BE........but hey what do I know

Reaction Score
A PC team that is alot better than the old BE days. A Creighton and Villanova team that will have NC aspirations next season. A very tall athletic, defensive, upper classmen Seton Hall squad, same with Xavier and if Paul Reed stays, count DePaul in that group. Probably the best defensive team/ scrappy Butler that will force you to play their style. Georgetown is Georgetown but should be alot better with McClung fully healthy and Pickett primed. Another year with Mike Anderson at the helm and St Johns should be improved (good luck trying to get the ball over half court) they hurt everyone in the BE with that press....avg like 12TO a game. Marquette brings in the best recruiting class in the BE........but hey what do I know
We’re not worried, we’re excited. Because the UConn y’all think y’all getting, the one from the last 4-5 yrs. y’all ain’t getting. We’re coming, lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom