UConn to the Big East? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn to the Big East?

Reaction Score
I think the APR was the major reason and not the AAC.
And Durham was limited by injuries and Zach was limited by losing control.

The AAC is a distant fourth. Besides the AAC is on par with the SEC basketball wise outside of Kentucky and the Big 12 and Pac have struggled in the recent past. I'm concerned for the future of UConn's programs, but I don't think the concern will prove out.
One things for sure, if Purvis can keep shooting the lights out, that opens things up and maybe we can go places. Lol

Reaction Score
I think the APR was the major reason and not the AAC.
And Durham was limited by injuries and Zach was limited by losing control.

The AAC is a distant fourth. Besides the AAC is on par with the SEC basketball wise outside of Kentucky and the Big 12 and Pac have struggled in the recent past. I'm concerned for the future of UConn's programs, but I don't think the concern will prove out.
I would add South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida to Kentucky in the SEC. Tennessee has hit a temporary bump in the road. Oregon in the PAC, USC is decent. We have to get out of the AAC, for all sports except football, faster than you can say Jeff Hathaway.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Florida and Kentucky. South Carolina and Tennessee are equivalent to Cinci and Memphis.

Reaction Score
OK, I had been very critical of the other posters touting this year's class as the third best in the country. I think it is far from #3, maybe 20 or 25. I actually was quoting a couple previous posters, and this poster knew that. You didn't because you didn't read back far enough. My mistake, should have added quotes for your benefit on the 3rd best recruiting class.

You are aware that the typical college career is 4 years, yes? The fact that you think you can judge the quality of this class by their first year in college that isn't even complete yet is laughable. As if that's not bad enough, you are "partially" judging them by their first two games in college in which none of them even started (and one has never even played). I'd love to hear the 19-24 recruiting classes that are better because I'm sure you can just reel them off.

Reaction Score
Florida and Kentucky. South Carolina and Tennessee are equivalent to Cinci and Memphis.

I think you're really stretching it, conference strength wise especially when comparing 4 programs to 2. Florida is ranked 17 in the coaches poll. I also think you're selling the Big 12 and PAC 12 short, they're both better than the AAC IMO. Nice game tonight UCLA vs Oregon. Arizona's really good too. Baylor is great. And we're not even talking about the Big 10 and ACC.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think you're really stretching it, conference strength wise especially when comparing 4 programs to 2. Florida is ranked 17 in the coaches poll. I also think you're selling the Big 12 and PAC 12 short, they're both better than the AAC IMO. Nice game tonight UCLA vs Oregon. Arizona's really good too. Baylor is great. And we're not even talking about the Big 10 and ACC.
It's the recent history as opposed to this year. I think five AAC teams can be regular players and that will fit every conference except the ACC.

But that's hypothetical. This debate is just academic as far as I'm concerned. I'm still really supportive of KO. I don't think we've seen the best from him yet.

Reaction Score
It's the recent history as opposed to this year. I think five AAC teams can be regular players and that will fit every conference except the ACC.

But that's hypothetical. This debate is just academic as far as I'm concerned. I'm still really supportive of KO. I don't think we've seen the best from him yet.
If by that you mean, the 5 best AAC teams that can stack up against the five best from the other conferences except the ACC, then name the five teams. I'm supportive of Ollie too, I just think he is having a difficult time recruiting in the AAC. I also support him wanting to move to the NBE, it's a smart basketball move from a coaches and a New England schools perspective.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If by that you mean, the 5 best AAC teams that can stack up against the five best from the other conferences except the ACC, then name the five teams. I'm supportive of Ollie too, I just think he is having a difficult time recruiting in the AAC. I also support him wanting to move to the NBE.
The five teams are UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston and Temple. Small chance one of the Florida teams can work their way up. I'm not sure SMU has staying power. Just a projected guess. No way of knowing the future with certainty. My allegiance is obviously UConn. Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Kansas show that conferences are not as important as some are arguing.

Your last sentence can be construed that you support KO and you have a preference to go to the NBE. But as written it looks like you are saying KO wants to move to the NBE and you support that decision. I doubt KO wants to weaken UConn football by having bb park in the NBE.

Reaction Score
The five teams are UConn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston and Temple. Small chance one of the Florida teams can work their way up. I'm not sure SMU has staying power. Just a projected guess. No way of knowing the future with certainty. My allegiance is obviously UConn. Gonzaga, Kentucky, and Kansas show that conferences are not as important as some are arguing.

Your last sentence can be construed that you support KO and you have a preference to go to the NBE. But as written it looks like you are saying KO wants to move to the NBE and you support that decision. I doubt KO wants to weaken UConn football by having bb park in the NBE.
How is men's basketball moving to the NBE going to weaken football? UConn will still be in the AAC in football only
The AAC is a solid football conference, not so much in other sports. Football also travels (away games) and recruits much better on a national level than other sports. So for other sports, the NBE helps all those sports, be it in recruiting, recruiting costs, travel for the teams, men's and women's basketball would be back in the New York market.

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
How is men's basketball moving to the NBE going to weaken football? UConn will still be in the AAC in football only
The AAC is a solid football conference, not so much in other sports. Football also travels (away games) and recruits much better on a national level than other sports. So for other sports, the NBE helps all those sports, be it in recruiting, recruiting costs, travel for the teams, men's and women's basketball would be back in the New York market.
UConn plays the NBE in several sports.

The primary movers in media contracts is football and basketball. UConn currently brings in women's bb to the equation. Taking UConn bb out of the AAC weakens the conference's leverage and thus impacts monies coming in to support football. And football brings in the most net monies to universities for sports.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

The primary movers in media contracts is football and basketball. UConn currently brings in women's bb to the equation. Taking UConn bb out of the AAC weakens the conference's leverage and thus impacts monies coming in to support football. And football brings in the most net monies to universities for sports.
Football is losing money, and MBB is making it. We need to find the right balance for basketball and football. I'm not sure the AAC affords us that.

Reaction Score

Taking UCONN's women's team out of the AAC and putting it in the NBE is going to weaken the whole AAC football conference???? Is your middle name Gumby?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Taking UCONN's women's team out of the AAC and putting it in the NBE is going to weaken the whole AAC football conference???? Is your middle name Gumby?
Package deal when media examining university value.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Football is losing money, and MBB is making it. We need to find the right balance for basketball and football. I'm not sure the AAC affords us that.
The NBE will have limited upside with revenues. Sticking with football in the AAC has a small but decent potential to get a decent increase in revenue streams.

Head to the NBE in bb and the AAC is good as dead. If it's good as dead than UConn football is good as dead. If UConn football is good as dead kiss salaries for decent bb coaches goodbye, never mind getting into a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
The NBE will have limited upside with revenues. Sticking with football in the AAC has a small but decent potential to get a decent increase in revenue streams.

Head to the NBE in bb and the AAC is good as dead. If it's good as dead than UConn football is good as dead. If UConn football is good as dead kiss salaries for decent bb coaches goodbye, never mind getting into a P5 conference.

How does the Big East handle salaries. So far I haven't seen many (or any?) defections yet...

Uconn basketball would be a lot more self-sustainable in the Big East IMO

Reaction Score

Based on what you just said, you realize that you are the only person out of millions of fans, players, coaches, AD's, college and conference presidents, who thinks basketball drives the bus.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Based on what you just said, you realize that you are the only person out of millions of fans, players, coaches, AD's, college and conference presidents, who thinks basketball drives the bus.
Didn't say that. I stated the AAC needs UConn bb to be part of a resume when next media contract comes up. Without UConn bb the conference is greatly reduced. That's because UConn is a blue blood. Having a medium to good bb conference and a medium to good football conference is better than a very good bb conference with no football when it comes to revenues.

You believe UConn will get the advantage of football in AAC and bb in NBE. Doubt either conference will accept this to start off with and even if they would accept it doubt the revenues UConn could get from both conferences would be ultimately as great as they could receive if the AAC improves.

Reaction Score
Didn't say that. I stated the AAC needs UConn bb to be part of a resume when next media contract comes up. Without UConn bb the conference is greatly reduced. That's because UConn is a blue blood. Having a medium to good bb conference and a medium to good football conference is better than a very good bb conference with no football when it comes to revenues.

You believe UConn will get the advantage of football in AAC and bb in NBE. Doubt either conference will accept this to start off with and even if they would accept it doubt the revenues UConn could get from both conferences would be ultimately as great as they could receive if the AAC improves.
You can take your revenues and stick it. I always thought the goal of a team was to win games and recruit the best players. Positive revenue is gravy.

BTW....Yes you did say that.

Reaction Score
I really didn't think you could come up with anything dumber than all your other thoughts in this thread, but you did it.
What's so dumb about it? Enlighten me genius. Yeah right, taking the UCONN women out of the AAC is gonna destroy the AAC football conference. If you believe that then you're dumber than he is. If all you can do is come up with a personal attack, I suggest you go to the Cesspool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What's so dumb about it? Enlighten me genius. Yeah right, taking the UCONN women out of the AAC is gonna destroy the AAC football conference. If you believe that then you're dumber than he is.
Given that you believe money in college sports is a "nice to have", enlightenment is beyond you, so I'm going to pass on that waste of time.

Reaction Score
Given that you believe money in college sports is a "nice to have", enlightenment is beyond you, so I'm going to pass on that waste of time.
Hey it's great if a program can show a profit, but a coaches first responsibility is to win games and recruit the best players. Your personal attack is noted.

Reaction Score
18luxfvzi81d1jpg.jpg

Reaction Score
Hey it's great if a program can show a profit, but a coaches first responsibility is to win games and recruit the best players. Your personal attack is noted.

You're in over your head on this one. Have been since the thread was started.

Reaction Score

Breaking news....money drives college sports, particularly football and basketball.

You show me a perineal power program and I'll show you a program that spends in that sport. Alabama football isn't just the best football program in the country it also has the most expensive football program in the country. Ditto for Kentucky in basketball or UNC or Duke. If Texas isn't winning in football then they go out and hire Houston's coach. How do they do that? By paying more money..."profit " is what pays the coaches salaries and build the facilities...so winning requires money and money greatly increases the chances of winning.

Honestly your last 15 posts have become more ridulous and illogical. You've argued everything from UConn's basketball recruiting classes should be re-ranked because you don't see the talent despite being independently ranked by numerous impartial services, to the AAC would agree to UConn removing its most valuable programs (men's and women's basketball) while keeping our underperforming football program there, to money isn't important in college sports.

Do yourself a favor and put yourself in posting timeout for a day until your head clears. I'm not personally attacking you, I'm trying to keep you from embarrassing yourself anymore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom