UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 37 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
His smirk/smile doesn't convince me of anything positive, nor do his words. Towards the end of the video he said when an opportunity presents itself, he has to do his due diligence. Well now, isn't that what he was supposed to have done regarding UConn last year?! That we need another round of "due diligence" is just blowing smoke up our @$$es again. He could've convinced me if said I can't comment at this time.

Reaction Score
I don't quite understand why the ACC is so quiet. I get they're dealing with FSU and Clemson, but your rival is in the press and being vocal about their plan.. we want to plant a flag in the northeast, we want that New York market, we want that value. And crickets from the ACC? You're under attack! Do something about it. You've got BC and Syracuse in the northeast.. why would you not just take the last big brand and force the BigXII to take St. Johns or Nova for northeast basketball? Shut your competition out of the market. Especially when your media partner is saying they'll foot the bill to add UConn to the BigXII.

Hopefully AD Dave is on the phone with them as well, because with only one bidder, the BigXII can dictate whatever terms they want with no recourse. If AD Dave gets an answer from the ACC, hopefully his next call is to the B1G with a friendly, "by 2031, what's it gonna take?":)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't quite understand why the ACC is so quiet. I get they're dealing with FSU and Clemson, but your rival is in the press and being vocal about their plan.. we want to plant a flag in the northeast, we want that New York market, we want that value. And crickets from the ACC? You're under attack! Do something about it. You've got BC and Syracuse in the northeast.. why would you not just take the last big brand and force the BigXII to take St. Johns or Nova for northeast basketball? Shut your competition out of the market. Especially when your media partner is saying they'll foot the bill to add UConn to the BigXII.

Hopefully AD Dave is on the phone with them as well, because with only one bidder, the BigXII can dictate whatever terms they want with no recourse. If AD Dave gets an answer from the ACC, hopefully his next call is to the B1G with a friendly, "by 2031, what's it gonna take?":)

That maybe happening. Let’s see what gets reported in the days ahead. I’ve heard it’s possible.

Reaction Score
The ACC has been burned by the Northeast as Syracuse and BC have not really lived up to expectations. And, strategically, there were blunders as well. If the ACC had taken Rutgers/UConn/Syracuse and held onto Maryland, they would have owned the Northeast. Think about this. The Big 10 has 3 schools closer or as close to NYC (Penn St., Rutgers, Maryland) than the closest ACC school, Syracuse.

Reaction Score
The ACC has been burned by the Northeast as Syracuse and BC have not really lived up to expectations. And, strategically, there were blunders as well. If the ACC had taken Rutgers/UConn/Syracuse and held onto Maryland, they would have owned the Northeast. Think about this. The Big 10 has 3 schools closer or as close to NYC (Penn St., Rutgers, Maryland) than the closest ACC school, Syracuse.
Rutgers, Maryland and Penn State aren't for sale. The school for sale is the hottest brand at the moment and has a rivalry with both your other Northeast schools (who don't care about each other), and your closest competitor that's trying to bury you wants them. And your media partner ESPN is willing to pay for it. If you're the ACC, why are you not on the phone with ESPN saying.. pay them and give them to us?

Also, BC is closer to NYC than Syracuse.

Reaction Score
His smirk/smile doesn't convince me of anything positive, nor do his words. Towards the end of the video he said when an opportunity presents itself, he has to do his due diligence. Well now, isn't that what he was supposed to have done regarding UConn last year?! That we need another round of "due diligence" is just blowing smoke up our @$$es again. He could've convinced me if said I can't comment at this time.
Brett Yormark is the only power conference commissioner who's been advocating for us. You won't see the B1G or SEC commissioners going after us. And forget the ACC, been dumped on by that league enough.

Reaction Score
Looks like someone at UConn got them on the phone and told them to fall in line
Probably Lamont and Ritter’s father who’s on the UConn BOT and is the former CT Speaker of the House.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, if ESPN wants UConn and Fox doesn't want to share via the B12, there is a way for ESPN to just take us via the ACC.
This is a very large part of the equation.

At the moment Fox has our men's and women's basketball product at a relative discount. They would prefer not to share it with ESPN (the result of our moving to the B-12), which explains their unwillingness to increase the media payment by the slight amount adding our basketball product should require

If the threat of losing us completely (to the ACC, where Fox has no stake), then Fox may be willing to pay a little to keep a portion of our basketball product.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if ESPN wants UConn and Fox doesn't want to share via the B12, there is a way for ESPN to just take us via the ACC.
From what I read, ESPN was willing to pay for four when the ACC expanded with Stanford, Cal and SMU. So they have an open slot. However, I don't think that ESPN can initiate it. I think that the ACC has to go to ESPN.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Blaudschun used to be a huge supporter of UConn basketball

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Where’d you hear that?
Places
My understanding is that in one way or another UConn is always talking to the ACC about something.
True.... but they might be rechecking the math and taking one last look at UConn from what I hear. Lets see what happens in the days ahead. Maybe it materializes, maybe not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom