UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 29 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Unless ESPN is coming in with a dynamite offer and a bunch of schools change their mind this is donezo.

Maybe less than a 30% chance.

Just try to enjoy the football this weekend.
I think that’s a protective attitude so you don’t get your hopes up.
Nobody has a clue what’s happening.
When the story first broke, most thought it was fake. Then it wasn’t.
Now people are over analyzing every word and saying it won’t happen.
I get it. It’s gonna suck if this doesn’t happen.
But nothing said so far indicates any direction other than the process is still happening.

Reaction Score
I think that’s a protective attitude so you don’t get your hopes up.
Nobody has a clue what’s happening.
When the story first broke, most thought it was fake. Then it wasn’t.
Now people are over analyzing every word and saying it won’t happen.
I get it. It’s gonna suck if this doesn’t happen.
But nothing said so far indicates any direction other than the process is still happening.

The consensus appears to be that no vote is imminent.

So that just means they don’t have the votes.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why they are undertaking this process (either Yormak or UCONN) without first having lobied and tallied the votes. This runs the risk of getting shop worn. Just very odd......

I think that is what they are doing right now.

Dodd took an informal and incomplete poll. I assume the Big 12 has a more complete picture

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score

guarantee the 6 are, UCF, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, Houston, and Arizona

I think schools that would be easier to convince Baylor, Tech, Iowa State

I think the most important votes, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and TCU

if it's 2 no's those are Utah and Arizona State who's presidents don't seem to happy being in the conference as is

Reaction Score
guarantee the 6 are, UCF, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Kansas, Houston, and Arizona

I think schools that would be easier to convince Baylor, Tech, Iowa State

I think the most important votes, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and TCU

if it's 2 no's those are Utah and Arizona State who's presidents don't seem to happy being in the conference as is
I think ASU is a yes, their football blows

Also Bobby Hurley connection might help us out. They did host us for the final four this year

I would expect the definite no's to be Utah and Oklahoma St

Reaction Score
The ACC is frozen. ESPN did that purposely and the Universities basically capitulated for temporary security. And right now no one trusts each other. It's every man for himself. You want us to step into that mess of uncertainly after writing an entire dissertation warning us about uncertainty? No thanks.
The fact some on here believe that a conference where its top two schools are very publicly trying to leave is a better place long term is pure lunacy..

Reaction Score
I don't understand why they are undertaking this process (either Yormak or UCONN) without first having lobied and tallied the votes. This runs the risk of getting shop worn. Just very odd......
It got leaked by a Podcaster. I'm sure they hoped this was done behind the scenes. Whoever leaked this wanted to sabotage it.

Reaction Score
It got leaked by a Podcaster. I'm sure they hoped this was done behind the scenes. Whoever leaked this wanted to sabotage it.

Intentional or not sabotage is the effect.

I really don’t like this so out in the open.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried but I am damned preoccupied! If I were a decision-maker I wouldn't give an early answer unless I was clearly a Yes. I would think the 8 we don't know about are waiting until all the details are presented before making a decision. If there are No votes, does that mean all the terms are already locked in and they still don't like it? Seems pretty stubborn to say you are a No if there is still some negotiations going on.

If UConn were added, then the XII likely goes to XVIII or XX and who knows what happens by MMXXXI. Programs would probably play UConn once every other year or even third year. At that point, does it really matter if UConn still isn't a perennial bowl team? The best programs still need to find some easy wins.

2016 - Big XII Dog & Pony show resulting in bubkis
2023 - UConn supposedly until the Corner 4 dropped
2024 - Today

Regarding espn, maybe it finally realized it made an entire cluster F out of the ACC with the former Big East programs floundering for the most part. it knows UConn, Hurley & Auriemma are clear winners. If UConn moves to the XII, then Fox could pay the Big East less and the XII more, I would think.

I think Yormark and the Yes votes would lean very heavily on the undecideds because these rodeos are already ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Im worried about Fox being out on this. Other than that, I feel like there is a solid positive movement on this.

Reaction Score

Zanetto’s source seemed to indicate that we had the votes.

Typical UConn. Spiking the ball and somersaulting into the end zone.

Reaction Score
Im worried about Fox being out on this. Other than that, I feel like there is a solid positive movement on this.
Fox being resistant might not be the worst thing. It makes Disney/ESPN that much more anxious to make it happen if it's seen as a setback for their competition, and honestly, it's been crushing the way Bristol-based ESPN has treated UConn since this realignment craze began. A real slap in the face. About damn time they help us out.

Reaction Score
Fox being resistant might not be the worst thing. It makes Disney/ESPN that much more anxious to make it happen if it's seen as a setback for their competition, and honestly, it's been crushing the way Bristol-based ESPN has treated UConn since this realignment craze began. A real slap in the face. About damn time they help us out.

It feels like this has culminated. It’s a good thing to not vote just yet, maybe this gets revisited in a few months when basketball is in full swing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom