UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 76 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Impara a rilassarti, amico mio. Vivrai più a lungo.
Questo lo so bene, ma CR mi fa arrabbiare che il Big12 ci hanno fregato tante volte. Basta che siamo campioni del basketball e non loro, sono contento. Grazie per la conversazione nella mia prima lingua!

Translation: Big 12 sucks ^_^ without us.

I spent the morning making realignment maps, what a mess all these moves make. It boggles the mind how in the 80's there were 24 independents now we're down to 3 (soon to be 2) for football.

Reaction Score
After listening to Flugar again, I still think he's FOS and just regurgitating what has already trickled out: no vote in the short term (not no, not yes) and maybe something decided next year. Wow, so 1 Texas school is leaning towards a yes, that's fantastic, that gets us 7 probably positives out of 12 needed, !!!:mad: For him to go on to say that there are things trending favorably towards UConn only to counter with there are other scenarios that don't include UConn...all meaningless ramblings unless there is an overwhelming majority that say add UConn now. The Big12 prezs have known (or should have known) that UConn has value, they knew last year and early this year, that has not changed, and if they didn't know, then they have no business being in charge of major universities while having such myopic views. "I can only go so far with this...other things have to happen", yeah, sure bub, keep downing those milkshakes. It's a nothing story! Other universities don't get this crap as they get offered and added within days without this long drawn out nonsense.

That said, Benedict did say over the weekend something along the lines "...we love being part of the Big East...", okay, so something may be brewing, maybe not with the Big12.
What pretty much any team in the B12 thinks doesn’t carry veto power. since UT left .
The one who pays the bills with some reservations has the bulk of decision making powers . If Fox says we’re in we are in However Fox has a Big East problem The only conferences where a core group has significant power is the B1G and the SEC

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
After listening to Flugar again, I still think he's FOS and just regurgitating what has already trickled out: no vote in the short term (not no, not yes) and maybe something decided next year. Wow, so 1 Texas school is leaning towards a yes, that's fantastic, that gets us 7 probably positives out of 12 needed, !!!:mad: For him to go on to say that there are things trending favorably towards UConn only to counter with there are other scenarios that don't include UConn...all meaningless ramblings unless there is an overwhelming majority that say add UConn now. The Big12 prezs have known (or should have known) that UConn has value, they knew last year and early this year, that has not changed, and if they didn't know, then they have no business being in charge of major universities while having such myopic views. "I can only go so far with this...other things have to happen", yeah, sure bub, keep downing those milkshakes. It's a nothing story! Other universities don't get this crap as they get offered and added within days without this long drawn out nonsense.

That said, Benedict did say over the weekend something along the lines "...we love being part of the Big East...", okay, so something may be brewing, maybe not with the Big12.
The tell is if he says “we are proud members of the BE.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Short fuse. That's the name of nearby pizza food truck here in the Florida Panhandle. It's called short fuse because the owner is a woman about 4'8" and she's Italian.
How is it?

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Today, I learned that half the Boneyard can speak Italian with me....minchia!
Isn't it great, when CR news goes bad for us (which is seems to do a lot), I end up swearing a lot in both languages, but I hex the conference offender in dialect so that my kids don't understand me. :cool:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Isn't it great, when CR news goes bad for us (which is seems to do a lot), I end up swearing a lot in both languages, but I hex the conference offender in dialect so that my kids don't understand me. :cool:
Well if it's southern Italian, I'll get it. So... do it!!!

Reaction Score
What pretty much any team in the B12 thinks doesn’t carry veto power. since UT left .
The one who pays the bills with some reservations has the bulk of decision making powers . If Fox says we’re in we are in However Fox has a Big East problem The only conferences where a core group has significant power is the B1G and the SEC
The NEWBE also has a UCONN problem. They desperately need someone else to step up and challenge us and be in position to replace us If we leave. I think in a perfect world they would love it to be Villanova then Georgetown, then Marquette. Those are all programs with history. After that, I’d say St Johns, but they aren’t on the same level as the first 3, and who knows what happens when their 72 year old coach steps down or is fired for hiring hookers. Creighton and Xavier are next, though nobody really knows who or what a Creighton is. Then someone else. If we stay, and dominate, it is a bit of a problem. I mean who watches St Mary’s vs. Portland? If we go, who watches The NEWBE? If I were Val, I’d be picking a winner and helping them in subtle ways to grow.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The NEWBE also has a UCONN problem. They desperately need someone else to step up and challenge us and be in position to replace us If we leave. I think in a perfect world they would love it to be Villanova then Georgetown, then Marquette. Those are all programs with history. After that, I’d say St Johns, but they aren’t on the same level as the first 3, and who knows what happens when their 72 year old coach steps down or is fired for hiring hookers. Creighton and Xavier are next, though nobody really knows who or what a Creighton is. Then someone else. If we stay, and dominate, it is a bit of a problem. I mean who watches St Mary’s vs. Portland? If we go, who watches The NEWBE? If I were Val, I’d be picking a winner and helping them in subtle ways to grow.
Then you’d be immediately fired by all the schools you’ve chosen as losers that pay your salary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom