UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 71 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
And the BE could be left behind. We are in peculiar situation in the BE. We aren't going to become a small Catholic, liberal arts college with no football. Right now our BB can help us get into a P-4 conference, if we commit to FB . BB is a nationwide marquis brand. It will help us in our conference quest.

As I have said ad nauseam, we need BB to be monetized for the schools for us to accomplish this. It is not, far-fetched. UConn BB will lead us to a P-4 conference if the BB powers wrest control of MM from NCAA.
There is no such thing as a basketball power where we are going. The writing is on the wall. Will people choose to read?

Reaction Score
What’s the most successful league in the history of sports….the NFL.

32 teams with the resources to pay for the best players at every position. If adding more teams added value they’d do it.

Just my opinion, but I think that’s where this ends up.

Everyone else will be P4G5-level quality and resources.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Has UConn talked to a major conference
as being added as an most sports minus football.
The objective Isn’t to save UConn its to save the program
Its not a sellout in fact the other sports being in might even help an Indy football prog
You are wrong. Without being in a power conference the program is finished. Just look at the NCAA Tourney last year and the invites from the Big East.

Reaction Score
You are wrong. Without being in a power conference the program is finished. Just look at the NCAA Tourney last year and the invites from the Big East.
Agreed. The power conferences have consistently been grabbing more power and wealth as time goes by.

If football drives the bus, UConn needs to try and be in a position to help steer the bus (power conference) instead of being a passenger (Big East) and let someone else make all the decisions.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I am so tired of “fans” effectively rooting for UConn to fail by their constant concern trolling. IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR UCONN IF WE WERE IN THE BIG 10. No spit, Sherlock. Thanks for this brilliant deep insight that no one but you figured out.

Wait, actually everyone already knows this, the rest of us just choose not to crap all over UConn on a public message board while pretending to be UConn fans.

Reaction Score
My post suggested UConn consider joining a major conference , as I agree that basketball could diminish as a top brand in the Big East. Certainly women’s basketball is at an even greater risk .
The consensus seems to be that the thing keeping us out of a P conference is football ,and that eventually only basketball teams in P conferences will dominate. Which is a pretty scary thought if you’re on the outside .
Then. floating the idea of partial membership certainly should be considered an option. It all depends on the finances ,
Obviously it would be preferential to have full membership in a relatively secure conference .
But that seems like an elusive target
Why is this controversial ?

Last edited:

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
The future’s so bright, I gotta wear shades.
IMG_4540.jpeg

Reaction Score
Let’s get real folks. Do a little research on various fan bases reaction to their school moving conferences. You will find there is always a certain segment opposed, This never stopped the movement. There is a part of the fan base that has followed this for years and is sick of being jerked around. They just wants to wake up when the nightmare is over. If a move is announced tomorrow they would move into the support column.
In your research, which of those fanbases were choosing btw independence and P4? And which were choosing btw a BB driven conf and a P4? I’m sure the OU fans have adjusted to P4. Which schools in your thorough research wanted to be left behind?

Reaction Score
Seriously? Three teams is your answer.

How many Sweet Sixteen teams? Three. B1G? 2, SEC? 2

Mic drop. However I could be slightly wrong due to two shots of tequila in my belly.

Point is. Why bash our teams? We all know where we belong. Time will come.

Reaction Score
If football drives the bus, UConn needs to try and be in a position to help steer the bus (power conference) instead of being a passenger (Big East) and let someone else make all the dedecisions.
They did themselves no favors getting smoked by Maryland 63-7 and then Nova comes around a few weeks later and has a respectable 38-21 loss. All Uconn had to do was look respectable like that against a very mediocre Maryland. To the Huskies credit they stepped it up against a possibly better Duke team on the road. Wake and Cuse will be very telling.

Reaction Score
They did themselves no favors getting smoked by Maryland 63-7 and then Nova comes around a few weeks later and has a respectable 38-21 loss. All Uconn had to do was look respectable like that against a very mediocre Maryland. To the Huskies credit they stepped it up against a possibly better Duke team on the road. Wake and Cuse will be very telling.
50-7. And Maryland didn't call off the dogs - they scored two late TDs to inflate the score. But yeah, I wish we'd shown the fight Villanova did yesterday. UConn had opportunities to score 10-14 more points, but let them slip away. Villanova took advantage. Our game with MD easily could have (and probably should have) been something like 36-17, 36-21.

We need to beat Wake Forest, and at least split Buffalo and Temple, to really wash away that Maryland score. And we can't get destroyed at Syracuse in November.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Three teams is your answer.

How many Sweet Sixteen teams? Three. B1G? 2, SEC? 2

Mic drop. However I could be slightly wrong due to two shots of tequila in my belly.

Point is. Why bash our teams? We all know where we belong. Time will come.

He's actually correct and your slant is 1000% wrong. Nothing funnier than a dude dropping the mike for no reason.

The Big East will be elbowed out of the buffet line. I give it a decade.

The big conferences see how much money is made from basketball and they don't want to share.

Reaction Score
Our football team has improved a ton just the last few games. I am actually very confident we will go bowling this year after watching the FAU game. We been improving a ton since the Maryland game. We made FAU look really bad even though FAU isn't a bad team. They had Michigan State on the ropes but UConn totally dominated them.

Reaction Score
Ehhhhh someday the nfl will start selling a Saturday package to the networks and college football will be second fiddle on there own day. A day of football reckoning is coming.

College football is still regional and I sometimes only watch it because there is nothing else. But put on NFL games and then suddenly all I am watching is UConn and the NFL. Maybe the 4th quarter of a close game between ranked teams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's actually correct and your slant is 1000% wrong. Nothing funnier than a dude dropping the mike for no reason.

The Big East will be elbowed out of the buffet line. I give it a decade.

The big conferences see how much money is made from basketball and they don't want to share.
I hate that this is correct, but I believe it is spot on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I hate that this is correct, but I believe it is spot on.
There's an old expression "there is no one as blind as he who refuses to see".

I am baffled that so many dismiss the selection process from this past tournament and refuse to believe that things will only continue to get worse. Yes, with the season we had last year, under any conditions we would receive a tournament bid with a top seed.

The issue is that it won't be long before the BE isca two bid league while both the B1G & SEC land ten to twelve schools in every tournament. When we have a season where we are the third BE school and are left out while Mississippi and Minnesota both go 7-11in conference, 17-15 overall and make the field our fans will get the dose of reality that we need them to have today. At the moment they're on the elevated end of the boat saying "only the end of the boat they are on is sinking"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom