UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 69 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This guy throws almost as much against the wall as the basement-dwelling WVU'er.

I feel for his health issues, but his tweets are obnoxious. Initially, I wasn’t sure what to make of him, but now I find Flugar to be one of the more level-headed and reliable voices, even though he’s not a major figure. He comes across as humble, and I believe he has legitimate sources.

Reaction Score
Many politicians care about getting elected. Occasionally a few appear to try to do what is best.

Reaction Score
Our politicians didn't help at all.

I heard some so-called fans were emailing school presidents.

Basketball-only fans are not bright. That is the nicest I can say
It would be easier for basketball fans to be supportive football fans if the football product were not as bad as it has been and currently is.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It would be easier for basketball fans to be supportive football fans if the football product were not as bad as it has been and currently is.
Sadly football runs the what happens in college sports. UConn got screwed a couple of times in realignment. First, it was the ACC, then the ACC again, and now it has been the Big 12 twice in a year. UConn needs a break to help basketball and the rest of the sports. That is how UConn survives or it withers on the vine. I want it to succeed as should everyone else. The Big East won't carry basketball far enough, we saw that in the last contract.

Reaction Score

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Colorado already won a football national championship 1990

It was the most dangerous, out of control team in college football history. A full blown horror show. It was basically a late 80's LA street gang in pads.

Reaction Score
That's ridiculous. If football was good basketball people would be upset by this.

There is a very real segment of UConn basketball culture that woudn rather have program be disbanded than leave the big east.

I think that sentiment is what helped tank the football program beginning 2013.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There is a very real segment of UConn basketball culture that woudn rather have program be disbanded than leave the big east.

Don't blame hoop fans. Football fans didn't support the team in that timeframe.

Reaction Score
I would sign up for that at UConn in heartbeat
I'm going to assume you are exaggerating. The Colorado football program didn't just have guys that liked to party too much. These were bad human beings. Women were raped. You really want that associated with your favorite team? If UConn is your alma mater or you have a kid there, you don't want people like that representing (or attending) UConn.

We don't need a team of perfect citizens. There are plenty of jerks in the general student population of every school. But you can't have a team of bad people.

Reaction Score
What the hell is this? An Oklahoma State fan telling the B12 to add UConn?!? Of course we were listed last, so the B12 will naturally add only Tulane and Memphis cuz why not. ^.^
I don't understand this "need" part. Also the ACC is going to shatter like a carbon fiber hockey stick

Reaction Score
That's ridiculous. If football was good basketball people would be upset by this.

John you are so right. Heck there were people in the Athletic Department who were trying to undermine the program during Big East days. There are basketball fans who want to dump hockey because they fear 2 things. First that it will be successful and second that it takes resources from basketball.

Reaction Score
Don't blame hoop fans. Football fans didn't support the team in that timeframe.
I am just saying. Even look at big 12…fans would rather remain status quo in big east than get the ad department into big 12.

That resistance is a big issue. There is always a need to downplay good news, and then when something bad happens use it as a datapoint that football should be. Cancelled .

The program gets 24k to the stadium and hasn’t had a winning season and 10 years and fans are hopeless?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom