UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 64 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

B12

Reaction Score
You’re still here? Your “facts” have been refuted. Your display reflects poorly on your fan base. You come across as an insecure hayseed trying to sound educated. GoKU needs to come, take your hand, and walk you back to your little house on the prairie.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberry. Now go away or I shall taunt you once again.
Umm, no the facts are very clear. The FB/BB TV ratings, the AD budgets, the subsidy, etc.

I do agree that UConn had the highest rated BB game last year, the issue is that does not benefit UConn on a TV contract because it was in tournament play. And no Uconn regular season games were among the top for the regular season, which is disturbing considering UConn was the best team.

It's clear who here comes off as insecure. Insecure people always change the subject to personal chatter. Everyone knows that.

I was disappointed in the B12 announcement. I think that was likely the last chance UConn had to join a legit conference. ESPN clearly stepped in and said hold on a second. FOX had no reason to support it since they get UConn for pennies on the dollar. The whole things sucks as once again UConn fans get teased and nothing happens.

On the bright side I suspect this means UConn gets reunited with the ACC leftovers in some fashion, maybe FB only membership. I could see Wake, BC, Cuse and maybe a few more combining with WSU, OSU, and possibly UConn to patch together some kind of conference.

Seems like the ACC will get split 3 ways with the B1G and B12 taking the most teams.

Now feel free to prove my point by responding with the usual changing the subject to persona chatter like insecure fans always do. Go

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No. ESPN is the devil for UConn. They and BC have now officially won the battle for New England. ESPN could have gotten UConn into a power conference if they wanted to. They control the purse strings. They need have their tax breaks removed immediately.
I trust a pretty good source telling me otherwise. The sands have shifted.

Reaction Score
Umm, no the facts are very clear. The FB/BB TV ratings, the AD budgets, the subsidy, etc.

I do agree that UConn had the highest rated BB game last year, the issue is that does not benefit UConn on a TV contract because it was in tournament play. And no Uconn regular season games were among the top for the regular season, which is disturbing considering UConn was the best team.

It's clear who here comes off as insecure. Insecure people always change the subject to personal chatter. Everyone knows that.

I was disappointed in the B12 announcement. I think that was likely the last chance UConn had to join a legit conference. ESPN clearly stepped in and said hold on a second. FOX had no reason to support it since they get UConn for pennies on the dollar. The whole things sucks as once again UConn fans get teased and nothing happens.

On the bright side I suspect this means UConn gets reunited with the ACC leftovers in some fashion, maybe FB only membership. I could see Wake, BC, Cuse and maybe a few more combining with WSU, OSU, and possibly UConn to patch together some kind of conference.

Seems like the ACC will get split 3 ways with the B1G and B12 taking the most teams.

Now feel free to prove my point by responding with the usual changing the subject to persona chatter like insecure fans always do. Go.
Do you really think anyone here wants to bother reading any more of your farm reports Mr Kimball? Check in with the gang over at Druckers Store.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Painful as it is, after watching BC dismantle Florida State, I think their chances to be admitted to the Big12 or BiG exceed ours.
Shocked What Is It GIF

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't ESPN be able to convince the ACC to go down a similar path we were looking for with B12? Can ESPN can work to try to make it revenue neutral for the ACC teams?
We are at a point (finally) where we are worth the effort for espn, but just because we should get paid something much more than the new BE figures doesn’t necessarily solve the second part, convincing college ADs and their Presidents that we should join their club.

Reaction Score
You’re still here? Your “facts” have been refuted. Your display reflects poorly on your fan base. You come across as an insecure hayseed trying to sound educated. GoKU needs to come, take your hand, and walk you back to your little house on the prairie.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberry. Now go away or I shall taunt you once again.
All time great movie lines:

Reaction Score
No. ESPN is the devil for UConn. They and BC have now officially won the battle for New England. ESPN could have gotten UConn into a power conference if they wanted to. They control the purse strings. They need have their tax breaks removed immediately.
BC hasn't won anything.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
So what is the next realistic step?
  1. Independence - seems to be a failing proposition short and long term but we may have no choice
  2. P-Conf invitation - may have to wait for the ACC to make a move and no guarantees
  3. G5 invitation - Would any of the G5 conferences invite UConn football only?
  4. FCS - join Merrimack and Sacred Heart as Independents
I thought being Indie would be OK for a while given we'd be playing both P4 and G5 programs, but I just don't think it's viable. We're stuck in no-man's land and we suck. We may not even be competitive enough to win the MAC for a long time. I suppose we'll know more about the program after a few more games but it's just not looking very good.

The SEC and B1G do not want us. That leaves the ACC and Big XII. They are holding on expansion because of the FSU and Clemson drama.
FSU and Clemson want out of the ACC; however, the SEC and B1G will not take them.

The ACC will invite us as backfill if Clemson, FSU, and/or Louisville/Cuse/Pitt leave for the Big XII (and UVA, UNC, and/or GT go to the B1G).

The Big XII may invite us as part of a deal with Clemson, FSU, and Louisville/Cuse/Pitt to make a major dominance move in football and hoops.

Until then, stay independent, boost the amount of money we pay football players, and WIN

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The SEC and B1G do not want us. That leaves the ACC and Big XII who also, apparently, do not want us.
FIFY

I think the above is a more accurate statement. That may change sometime in the future, but in the near term, the university and the state are stuck subsidizing our athletic programs.

Reaction Score
The SEC and B1G do not want us. That leaves the ACC and Big XII. They are holding on expansion because of the FSU and Clemson drama.
FSU and Clemson want out of the ACC; however, the SEC and B1G will not take them.

The ACC will invite us as backfill if Clemson, FSU, and/or Louisville/Cuse/Pitt leave for the Big XII (and UVA, UNC, and/or GT go to the B1G).

The Big XII may invite us as part of a deal with Clemson, FSU, and Louisville/Cuse/Pitt to make a major dominance move in football and hoops.

Until then, stay independent, boost the amount of money we pay football players, and WIN
It's that last sentence which seems impossible to do: As an Independent, pay players more and win. The ACC will likely be crap by the time it feels it needs to backfill with us, and the Big XII house will be overcrowded.

I honestly think UConn has missed the boat,

Reaction Score
Hathaway got his revenge.............against Susie and UConn.
Hathaway was an empty suit, he allowed the boosters to shoehorn Pasqualoni into the job and accelerated the trend of trying to run a BCS conference football program on the cheap.

Reaction Score
I trust a pretty good source telling me otherwise. The sands have shifted.
ESPN controls the purse strings. They could easily have gotten UConn to either the Big 12 or ACC, but they didn't and won't

Reaction Score
It's that last sentence which seems impossible to do: As an Independent, pay players more and win. The ACC will likely be crap by the time it feels it needs to backfill with us, and the Big XII house will be overcrowded.

I honestly think UConn has missed the boat,
This was basically our last chance. The ACC will be, at best, the bottom half of the league. Unless we go Big East 3.0 and the leagues merge, and half the members play football again, I'm not sure it would be worth joining.

Reaction Score
We may have, but if we have then we need to build our own boat.

If we (the school, not us) believe it's over, it really is over. Until then my belief is that we should fight to our last breath.
I agree, we have to keep fighting. There has to be a more creative solution though. Being an Independent may not work, and we can't be subjected to these annual jerk-arounds.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
ESPN controls the purse strings. They could easily have gotten UConn to either the Big 12 or ACC, but they didn't and won't
ESPN and Fox are not going to over pay to make it happen. But they are willing to pay a reasonable price for what we deliver. That has changed, that was not always the case.

There wouldn't even be the Yormark-UConn dalliance without ESPN's support, which is real here. Fox is more along for the ride, but willing to be a good partner. The days of SYR grads at ESPN burying the UConn brand are over.

Furthermore, Yormark doesn't dare bring the concept of UConn as a single addition to his member schools w/o first having the support of a media partner. Yormark got the media $ lined up, he just couldnt get past the culture wars of middle America vs the Northeast and the desire to wait on the FSU/Clemson outcome.

I feel good about my source regarding ESPN and their role.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree, we have to keep fighting. There has to be a more creative solution though. Being an Independent may not work, and we can't be subjected to these annual jerk-arounds.
Part of me thinks this round was merely a publicity stunt by Yormark to gain attention and hear people say "look at how creative and ambitious he is". Other than providing some fodder for trolls we really weren't hurt by this and if we don't have thick enough skin to brush off the minor negative press, we don't belong competing at this level in any sport.

Boise St was able to build a pretty solid program. When the SEC broke apart, TCU was able to buck the odds and develop a good enough program to get invited to the B-12 (when they still had Texas & Oklahoma).

Very recently I've seen Liberty, Coastal Carolina and James Madison have quality seasons. I refuse to believe that building a solid football program is out of reach for us.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I feel good about my source regarding ESPN and their role.
Like how so, just good, or more more like good good (I really trust this guy), or even good good good (if I say more I might jinx it)? Asking for the other part of me that isn't completely miserable. ^_^

Reaction Score
I would be down joining the MAC or CUSA Football only

Who cares about the B12 or ACC, they don't want us
At some point we gotta get a league. Problem is, we won’t draw with MAC teams .23 aren’t getting 25k in the building. For a max game against central Michigan on a friday.

Reaction Score
Part of me thinks this round was merely a publicity stunt by Yormark to gain attention and hear people say "look at how creative and ambitious he is". Other than providing some fodder for trolls we really weren't hurt by this and if we don't have thick enough skin to brush off the minor negative press, we don't belong competing at this level in any sport.

Boise St was able to build a pretty solid program. When the SEC broke apart, TCU was able to buck the odds and develop a good enough program to get invited to the B-12 (when they still had Texas & Oklahoma).

Very recently I've seen Liberty, Coastal Carolina and James Madison have quality seasons. I refuse to believe that building a solid football program is out of reach for us.
There is no publicity stunt. Yormack believes in UConn, and after last year, probably felt personally responsible for the promises and said he will try again.

Reaction Score

This x1000. James Madison upgrades to FBS and hits the ground running. Liberty upgrades and hits the ground running. The schools did a solid job when they could sell BCS status to recruits. They've been virtually rudderless since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom