UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 65 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
At some point we gotta get a league. Problem is, we won’t draw with MAC teams .23 aren’t getting 25k in the building. For a max game against central Michigan on a friday.
If we are winning the fans will come

Reaction Score
At some point we gotta get a league. Problem is, we won’t draw with MAC teams .23 aren’t getting 25k in the building. For a max game against central Michigan on a friday.
Would the MAC take us considering we are on record saying we are upping our NIL game in football? Those schools don't seem interested in paying players like that if they're not paying coaches.

Others have said this but chill out on the P5 beat downs. Schedule for success. What's the sense in scheduling so many P5 games if you really aren't competitive in those games. 2 to 3 P4 games MAX. Then schedule winnable games. Like i said i went to the Purdue game. You were lucky if there were 15k in the building. Watching your team get curb stomped isn't exactly a recipe filling the stadium.

Reaction Score
This x1000. James Madison upgrades to FBS and hits the ground running. Liberty upgrades and hits the ground running. The schools did a solid job when they could sell BCS status to recruits. They've been virtually rudderless since.
It seems that perhaps UConn also went through that phase, early success but then we did irreparable harm shortly after.

Reaction Score
It seems that perhaps UConn also went through that phase, early success but then we did irreparable harm shortly after.
A lot of people were pissed UConn upgraded directly into a BCS conference. Think Houston and SMU with Heisman winners seeing that. It was a tremendous advantage and how they were able to land a kid like Donald Brown so early. Kid had big time offers.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
ESPN and Fox are not going to over pay to make it happen. But they are willing to pay a reasonable price for what we deliver. That has changed, that was not always the case.

There wouldn't even be the Yormark-UConn dalliance without ESPN's support, which is real here. Fox is more along for the ride, but willing to be a good partner. The days of SYR grads at ESPN burying the UConn brand are over.

Furthermore, Yormark doesn't dare bring the concept of UConn as a single addition to his member schools w/o first having the support of a media partner. Yormark got the media $ lined up, he just couldnt get past the culture wars of middle America vs the Northeast and the desire to wait on the FSU/Clemson outcome.

I feel good about my source regarding ESPN and their role.
If the UConn to Big 12 included a bump $$ for the Big 12, we would be in. When it was revenue neutral, it took incentive off the table for those Presidents and more of a headache. There is no strategic planning for these Presidents because the tectonic plates are still shifting as we speak.

Reaction Score
I would bet that if FSU or Clemson were free to join the Big 12 now, they would not pause, but take them immediately. Yormark cannot be trusted. He played UConn again. They will take many ACC teams when FSU and Clemson say goodbye. UConn will remain on the outside.
And screw ESPN and Connecticut polticians
I think that's a little harsh. Yormark has a vision in which his bosses (the presidents and chancellors) have no interest. This is the second time they have slapped him down. He may start look for a new gig pretty soon.

Reaction Score
This x1000. James Madison upgrades to FBS and hits the ground running. Liberty upgrades and hits the ground running. The schools did a solid job when they could sell BCS status to recruits. They've been virtually rudderless since.

Liberty kind of got their butts handed to them for years particularly when they were FCS. It was definitely a learning process.

Upgrading into a league is the way to do it.

We’re trying to rebuild but without the basic necessities that a program needs, a conference to compete in, bowl tie ins, All Conference Honors for players, for years a Defensive Coordinator.

Continuing to do things the opposite of what we need to be doing will just disrupt our progress.

Also we started the season ranked 120 and now we are down around 130.

CUSA and the MAC are our level! I don’t want to join those conferences but that’s the truth. Maryland, Duke, Wake and Syracuse are guaranteed losses. I don’t understand how that is any kind of a draw.

Reaction Score
I would bet that if FSU or Clemson were free to join the Big 12 now, they would not pause, but take them immediately. Yormark cannot be trusted. He played UConn again. They will take many ACC teams when FSU and Clemson say goodbye. UConn will remain on the outside.
And screw ESPN and Connecticut polticians

Sorry man. You’ve got this wrong. Yormark wouldn’t set this all up just to make himself look bad.

But the next time he comes calling we shouldn’t go public with anything until the deal is done. And if it comes up in the media deny, deny deny.

Reaction Score
I think that's a little harsh. Yormark has a vision in which his bosses (the presidents and chancellors) have no interest. This is the second time they have slapped him down. He may start look for a new gig pretty soon.

More precisely not enough Presidents and Chancellors have interest.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he jets too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If the UConn to Big 12 included a bump $$ for the Big 12, we would be in. When it was revenue neutral, it took incentive off the table for those Presidents and more of a headache. There is no strategic planning for these Presidents because the tectonic plates are still shifting as we speak.
It gets real expensive- real fast when you are giving UConn say $15-20 and all the 16 others an extra 1-2 per annum.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Things will improve for us IF we can get some traction in football. We don't have to be great - we have to be not-humiliating. We have a history of stupid football decisions - from hiring PP to Diaco to RE 2.0, the Civil ConFLiCT, not playing during COVID - and terrible play - including the worst defensive performance in NCAA history. To quote my mom, "Stop it! Smarten up! No more nonsense!"

Reaction Score
Agreed, it's nuts. It's now the land of mismatched parts.

It clearly makes way too much sense for them to put the logical brands together.

That game with like 20 overtimes at MSG was epic.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about that, but I am willing to try it out.

They will. Fans just need to feel happy with a team that is fun to watch. Watching us lose to Tulsa was awful. If we were winning those football games and going for conference titles it would have been an entirely different experience.

We didn’t have very smart coaches in that era.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
How awesome would it be if his jet landed in the ACC?
I don't think it does anything. Assuming he was sincere about wanting UConn, he supposedly had Endeavor's support, had ESPN willing to fund adding UConn to make its addition status quo for the rest, and was advocating for the 2-time defending BBall champion yet he still had a conference that past twice on UConn (2016 and 2023). Couldn't seal the deal there.

What would he have in the ACC: a conference that past over UConn also twice (2012 and not so much as a sniff in 2023) while dealing with members that publicly admitted to blocking or weren't in favor of adding UConn (BC, Clemson, FSU). Even if Clemson and FSU are on their way out, they wouldn't look north if a huge fireball came out way. Yormark is not our savior, like at all.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That game with like 20 overtimes at MSG was epic.
Yeah, but Syracuse playing that level of basketball doesn't exist anymore.

Reaction Score
I don't think it does anything. Assuming he was sincere about wanting UConn, he supposedly had Endeavor's support, had ESPN willing to fund adding UConn to make its addition status quo for the rest, and was advocating for the 2-time defending BBall champion yet he still had a conference that past twice on UConn (2016 and 2023). Couldn't seal the deal there.

What would he have in the ACC: a conference that past over UConn also twice (2012 and not so much as a sniff in 2023) while dealing with members that publicly admitted to blocking or weren't in favor of adding UConn (BC, Clemson, FSU). Even if Clemson and FSU are on their way out, they wouldn't look north if a huge fireball came out way. Yormark is not our savior, like at all.
I said it jokingly but he would have better luck convincing ACC legacy and ex BE ADs of his vision. Based on FSU’s, and to a lesser extent Clemson’s recent escape plans, I doubt their opinion matters much regarding ACCs future plans. I think other ACC members going to the B1G is far from given. And in either case even if those defections take place, the resulting conference would still be on a par with Frankenconference (B12) and light years ahead of any other G5 conferences. That should be our goal.
And these click-baiting tweeters are clueless as to what is going on behind the scenes. As are the fans who so closely follow them.
As CL82 pointed out somewhere, someone leaking info could find themselves with serious legal issues. I also think this “B12 pause” may have something to do with the Big East not being happy with all this talk going around.
I think UConn is well positioned and should not jump for the first gimmick to come along. If we ever took a stupid deal like SMU I would never support the AD until they were all canned.

B12

Reaction Score
Do you really think anyone here wants to bother reading any more of your farm reports Mr Kimball? Check in with the gang over at Druckers Store.
Yep, you did it again Changed the subject and resorted to personal chatter. Thanks for confirming who the insecure one is here.

The reason you don't like the data is because it proves I am right.

As JMick mentioned. This was it UConn got so close on 2 occasions. Once with Gonzaga and once by themselves.

It feels like ESPN and FOX have already decided who is going where, just a matter of the lawsuits playing out.

So do you think the Big East would add Cuse, BC, Pitt, Wake? It seems like they would be left over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom