UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 63 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

B12

Reaction Score
Just stop. No team whose games are mostly on FS1 is going to have great TV ratings. Thats it. FS1 simply doesn’t reach as many people. Your stats are all worthless and I’m sure Yourmack knows that.

Look at the channels. No games other than ESPN (not even ESPN2) CBS or FOX.
The numbers are not worthless. You just don't like the truth so you do the usual insecure fan response.

If UConn was all over the top games of the year you would be singing a different tune.

But it is entertaining to see the "You are wrong" but nothing to back it up, You are "trolling" with facts, Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics, Teh TV ratings are worthless, etc reactions from insecure folks. The reason it bothers you is because it's true. Nobody watched Big East BB and that's and issue for UConn.

No matter, ESPN has spoken, and they have told the B12 to hold off as better options are on the horizon.

Reaction Score
Football needs to stay afloat until the ACC implodes. If we are still on the outside looking in after all of the dust settles from that, then football may be untenable at that point and a drain on resources. But we need to hold firm with football until that day comes because the potential reward is too great to give up just yet.

Reaction Score
The numbers are not worthless. You just don't like the truth so you do the usual insecure fan response.

If UConn was all over the top games of the year you would be singing a different tune.

But it is entertaining to see the "You are wrong" but nothing to back it up, You are "trolling" with facts, Thanks for your interest in UConn athletics, Teh TV ratings are worthless, etc reactions from insecure folks. The reason it bothers you is because it's true. Nobody watched Big East BB and that's and issue for UConn.

No matter, ESPN has spoken, and they have told the B12 to hold off as better options are on the horizon.
This Cincinnati fan is dumber than dirt.

Reaction Score
If the rumor that ESPN was willing to pay to have UConn in the Big12, and ESPN really DOES want UConn as part of their inventory (without having to share UConn with Fox and thereby achieving a coup against them by taking away the prize of the Big East), then they could try to convince the ACC, though I don't see this happening without rewriting the GOR and placating Clemson and FSU. I think Van Halen reuniting for a tour has a greater chance of happening (RIP EVH).
FSU had 2 good years out of 9. Clemson embarrassed themselves on National TV
Unless they both get a lot better soon, which I doubt. The rest of the ACC isn't going to care what either of them think.
Especially with them suing the conference.
And I doubt either the SEC or Big want problem children in their conference.

Reaction Score

You’re still here? Your “facts” have been refuted. Your display reflects poorly on your fan base. You come across as an insecure hayseed trying to sound educated. GoKU needs to come, take your hand, and walk you back to your little house on the prairie.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberry. Now go away or I shall taunt you once again.

Reaction Score
I hear they definitely want us in either the B12 or ACC. ESPN is not a foe in this process, but rather they are helping. We are basically the only top tier program not sitting with the correct cohort.

The issue remains fit. Too many stone throwers for us to get to the B12 (from both B12 land and our own people) and the ACC remains distracted with their own fires.

The ACC offer will only come after the B12 offer (that is my own feeling, not what I have heard per se).

So now what? Enjoy another year of BE basketball and try to learn to love your UConn neighbor that won't learn to speak B12.
No. ESPN is the devil for UConn. They and BC have now officially won the battle for New England. ESPN could have gotten UConn into a power conference if they wanted to. They control the purse strings. They need have their tax breaks removed immediately.

Reaction Score
Painful as it is, after watching BC dismantle Florida State, I think their chances to be admitted to the Big12 or BiG exceed ours.
ND will take them with them to the B1G. People scorned me for saying that in the past, but just watch.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No. ESPN is the devil for UConn. They and BC have now officially won the battle for New England. ESPN could have gotten UConn into a power conference if they wanted to. They control the purse strings. They need have their tax breaks removed immediately.
BC has won the battle for New England???

They can't even win the battle for Boston. They had a big win against FSU this past weekend, and nobody in New England cares...

Reaction Score
BC has won the battle for New England???

They can't even win the battle for Boston. They had a big win against FSU this past weekend, and nobody in New England cares...
There goal was to be the only school in New England to be in a power conference. They succeeded at that.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yeah but playing P4 schools and losing by 5 touchdowns won’t help either. We are a low G5 football school right now. If our football looked like Maryland did Saturday we would already be in the Big12.
And this is the issue UConn faces with football. Can't get good with scheduling teams people would want to see and can't get butts in the seat with scheduling teams we can improve and should beat once we get better (if somehow that happens). There's no rooting interest against teams because there's no conference anything to play for. It's a crap spot.

Reaction Score
So what is the next realistic step?
  1. Independence - seems to be a failing proposition short and long term but we may have no choice
  2. P-Conf invitation - may have to wait for the ACC to make a move and no guarantees
  3. G5 invitation - Would any of the G5 conferences invite UConn football only?
  4. FCS - join Merrimack and Sacred Heart as Independents
I thought being Indie would be OK for a while given we'd be playing both P4 and G5 programs, but I just don't think it's viable. We're stuck in no-man's land and we suck. We may not even be competitive enough to win the MAC for a long time. I suppose we'll know more about the program after a few more games but it's just not looking very good.

Reaction Score
So what is the next realistic step?
  1. Independence - seems to be a failing proposition short and long term but we may have no choice
  2. P-Conf invitation - may have to wait for the ACC to make a move and no guarantees
  3. G5 invitation - Would any of the G5 conferences invite UConn football only?
  4. FCS - join Merrimack and Sacred Heart as Independents
I thought being Indie would be OK for a while given we'd be playing both P4 and G5 programs, but I just don't think it's viable. We're stuck in no-man's land and we suck. We may not even be competitive enough to win the MAC for a long time. I suppose we'll know more about the program after a few more games but it's just not looking very good.

I would be down joining the MAC or CUSA Football only

Who cares about the B12 or ACC, they don't want us

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This Cincinnati fan is dumber than dirt.
What I find most amuzing is how he throws around the term 'insecure'.

The only thing I can think of that displays more insecurity than going on some other school's message board to bash that school when rumors begin about a conference possibly extending an invitation to said school is doing so under a handle that reflects the conference, not a member school of that conference.

He doesn't have the courage or character to admit to being a fan of whatever B-12 school he happens to be a fan of.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@GoKU what are you hearing on your end?

Dead dead?

Dead until ACC falls apart or 2031 media deal (whichever comes first)?

Dead until next summer?

Reaction Score
Got to love Kansas fans suggesting that UConn go all in on Big East football and schedule 3 FCS games; two of which would go to programs that do not offer scholarships (Butler and Georgetown (which is now the only Patriot League program without them))

Reaction Score
Call up the PAC2 and see what they're up to. Mountain West and them found no common ground.
i said this before, they could create a new "pac" conference "pacific to atlantic conference"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom