UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
If past experience is any indicator, then you can book ECU to the Big 12.
I’d think they would take WAZZU to grab a great market and strengthen the Northwest with BYU.

Reaction Score
So who leaks this and why? That kind of stuff always interests me.
Why would the Big12 leak it? If the Thamel take is close to accurate I can't see why they would.
which means it's coming from the UConn side. Why would they leak it other than to give one last chance for the ACC to come to the table with a reasonable offer that is not an SMU offer.

Reaction Score
It tells me the relationships have legs even though the last expansion didn't go our way. My hope is that Yormark wouldn't open this up again without a high degree of confidence he has things lined up. It would be unprofessional at this point. There's no vetting left to be done. It's about value and the future direction of the B12. And the Northeast esp. CT seems to have reversed the outmigration trend.
ESPN hasn’t been kind to UConn in the past but if they support it then I imagine the hold outs will be ok with adding UConn.

Reaction Score
IF this turns out to be a realistic option then I will be first in line to congratulate Zanetto. Saying the deal was "imminent" was a pretty strong, no, an uber statement around here, so anything less than an invitation doesn't fly straight.

I was hoping for an ACC collapse but now I'm hoping it survives with or without FSU. If the ACC programs are locked in, UConn's chances for the Big 12 are better. UConn and any number of other programs would be awesome. SDSU would be great even though the Corner 4 really boosted the western flank. UConn, USF, Temple, Memphis would really help the East and I know, crazy.

View attachment 103069
Adding UConn isn't gonna stop the B12 from getting the ACC leftovers. We are in a completely new market, that is our appeal. There's no real reason not to, it actually may be beneficial to prevent the ACC from taking us

Reaction Score
Rumor from armchair AD on twitter is that is a package with Gonzaga

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Been out of the country for a week and saw this news pop up on my Fox61 app. Sooooo... should I assume the position now for the nutsack crush when the real news drops that New Mexico gets the invite? This feesl different this time, but we've been so effed time and again with CR.

Reaction Score
I can't even, this would be so huge. UConn needs to get in now, and then the Big 12 can savor the ACC carcass should that come to pass. Cinci, WVU, UCF, perhaps Pitt, Louisville, Va Tech, NC State. Who knows.

The Big 12 could also have a hoops scheduling agreement with the Big East to help out our brethren. This must happen. We can't get completely stymied 2 years in a row.

Reaction Score
So who leaks this and why? That kind of stuff always interests me.
Why would the Big12 leak it? If the Thamel take is close to accurate I can't see why they would.
which means it's coming from the UConn side. Why would they leak it other than to give one last chance for the ACC to come to the table with a reasonable offer that is not an SMU offer.
The ACC seems pretty locked down and the FSU public tantrum strategy seems to have backfired with low interest from the P2. Strengthening the B12 now puts them in a better position to get whatever ACC teams they want down the road with a stronger bargaining position. I think Yormark sees the B12 as the future P3 league. He's probably right. We have a strong athletic department overall and a beautiful campus. Championship basketball, and improved football with an on campus atmosphere only helps them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom