UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what your saying?
"Jokes" that need to be explained are a fail, so I will take the L here and explain my perspective. I see the latest no-lifer from another team invade the board with a knucklehead attitude making voluminous posts devoid of any wit or insight. But, being the Boneyard and it's generous attitude to outsiders he gets comfortable enough to brag and namedrop some jamoke I never heard of. I find putting the word "The" in front said jamokes name to be humorous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He’s saying that although Cole would be starting at UConn he doesn’t respect his talents because he left the area to play for a better program.
A Nova knob mansplaning a UConn post to a tire iron fan. That's why the Boneyard rules.

Reaction Score
Yep, the programs are on a similar level.

Take your trolling somewhere else, it's a tired act.
Wait, isn’t this whole thread dedicated to this poll that has Prov at 3 and UConn at 4?

Reaction Score
A Nova knob mansplaning a UConn post to a tire iron fan. That's why the Boneyard rules.
As you said, you should just take the L here and move on.

Reaction Score
Wait, isn’t this whole thread dedicated to this poll that has Prov at 3 and UConn at 4?
That's what I thought, some fans getting all upset and name calling SMH...I was asked to refrain from name calling (even though I was just returning fire), so that's what I'm doing...just having some basketball chat here between respected programs...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As you said, you should just take the L here and move on.
You don't think the Boneyard rules? I couldn't tell by your ubiquitousness here.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness I feel bad that any college player gets the Covid so I hope whichever UConn player got it is ok and back on the court soon!

Reaction Score
Confirmed. He and Sanogo will have epic battles.

He can't hit a FT, though.
Hey, kid can rebound the hell of the ball, especially on the offensive end. He and Sanogo, big boys. Old BE for you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is exchange with you goes in win column.
?
20190904-152740-090519%20Grammar%20Guy%20Yoda.jpg

Reaction Score
That's what I thought, some fans getting all upset and name calling SMH...I was asked to refrain from name calling (even though I was just returning fire), so that's what I'm doing...just having some basketball chat here between respected programs...

Willbball - I’m a PC fan and I think you should stop posting. Take a break before you get yourself banned. You’re not making anyone at Friar Talk proud.

Cheers to the upcoming season. May the best school wins. Looking forward to December 17th.

Reaction Score
Sounds good on paper...PC doesn't have the market or championships Villa and UConn has obviously, we are a small school in a smaller market, however, we have a squad to fear over the next couple of years...pre-season accolades are great and all, but the real deal is between the players and coaches on the court...I'm confident PC holds their own, then some...

You haven't had a squad to fear in the last 40 years and haven't finished as a Kenpom Top 25 team since '04. I like Cooley and think you guys are in a solid spot, but let's not get carried away here...PC is maybe a top ~50 program?

Prov also has a good coach that seems to fit for the long term, as opposed to a climber on a stepping stone. Prov is built to last as a contender.
Cooley is a solid recruiter and Providence is built to last as a first weekend tournament team. Calling them a contender is a laughable stretch.

Reaction Score
You haven't had a squad to fear in the last 40 years and haven't finished as a Kenpom Top 25 team since '04. I like Cooley and think you guys are in a solid spot, but let's not get carried away here...PC is maybe a top ~50 program?

Cooley is a solid recruiter and Providence is built to last as a first weekend tournament team. Calling them a contender is a laughable stretch.
BE contenders definitely, NC contenders, not there yet, but have confidence in Cooley.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey Friar, you are kind of the union rep for the visiting PC fans. See what you can do to up the quality of their posts. So far it’s not a good look.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hey Friar, you are kind of the union rep for the visiting PC fans. See what you can do to up the quality of their posts. So far it’s not a good look.
Have you read Friar Talk? It's not exactly the Algonquin Round Table over there.

CL82

Reaction Score
The battle for 3rd place is getting intense. I love it!
Lol, the Boneyard is pretty tolerant of visiting knobs, as you know well. People stop by here all the time intelligent posters, some not so much. It does make me wonder when you guys are going to get enough fans that care about your programs to have your own websites though.

CL82

Reaction Score
Have you read Friar Talk? It's not exactly the Algonquin Round Table over there.
Nope, where is it over on TOS?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom