UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

Reaction Score
If we're being honest, UConn's results the last 5 years have been awful for UConn. If PC had those same results, they'd be just another random 5 years for PC.
And to add to what you said, PC without the cache that Uconn has would have turned into ECU because no recruits would have ever considered playing for them and be in the AAC as well.

Reaction Score
So your implying UConn will just get better than 19-12 in the weak AAC when they join a much stronger power 5 conference, in your first year not really knowing the landscape, do explain...can't wait for this one...
So you're implying that the players from the Big East and UConn last year are all coming back next year? And there are zero newcomers to any of the programs? Also, no coaching changes? So you're saying that baskets, fouls, assists, rebounds, wins and losses that were recorded last year are counted this year?

Do explain...can't wait for this one...

Reaction Score
Imagine if there was some sort of moving pictures of past games that could be saved and shared so that our coaches could watch Big East teams to see how they play.

We could call them, "videos" and maybe refer to the process as "scouting". That way we could "know the landscape".

I really think there might be some value to this. Anyone (besides Chief) have an in with the coaching staff?

Reaction Score
Hell I respected Calhoun, great coach! Tell me your accomplishments in the AAC over the past 5 years, I'll wait...
1 National Championship.

Coincidentally, that's 1 more than PC has. In PC's lifetime.

Reaction Score
If you want a "Blue Blood" other than UConn to compare our past 6 years to, look at North Carolina from 1998-2003. 5 times over that 6 year time frame they had double digit losses and missed the NCAA tournament a couple of times as well. This all happened because they made a bad hire (Doherty). UNC had 78 losses in those 6 seasons. Ironically, Kevin Ollie had 79 losses in his 6 seasons at UConn. It only took Roy Williams 2 seasons to completely turn that ship around and I don't expect it will take Hurley that much longer. One thing you PC fans may not realize is that we KNOW what good basketball looks like because we've watched a lot of our teams win championships or come close and fall short. We KNEW we sucked for the past 4-5 years and we needed a coaching change and we KNOW what we saw last year and what we have coming in this year. We also know the Big East because we carried that league (back when it was much tougher than it is now) for almost 25 years. PC should be thanking us for the promotion they got when we ended up in the crap AAC conference. You're now demoted back down to where you should be (even though you think you're somehow the class of the Big East now). If you want to take bets on who will have a better record in the Big East over the next 3 years please PM me and we can exchange information.

Reaction Score
ONC1eome_normal.jpg

Dick Vitale

@DickieV
· Oct 29
The talk in the @BIGEASTMBB is that @NovaMBB & @BluejayMBB will be the class of the @BigEast but let me tell u @PCFriarsmbb have a strong nucleus returning . Coach Ed Cooley has always had his teams play with passion . Don’t sleep on the Friars.

Reaction Score
If you want a "Blue Blood" other than UConn to compare our past 6 years to, look at North Carolina from 1998-2003. 5 times over that 6 year time frame they had double digit losses and missed the NCAA tournament a couple of times as well. This all happened because they made a bad hire (Doherty). UNC had 78 losses in those 6 seasons. Ironically, Kevin Ollie had 79 losses in his 6 seasons at UConn. It only took Roy Williams 2 seasons to completely turn that ship around and I don't expect it will take Hurley that much longer. One thing you PC fans may not realize is that we KNOW what good basketball looks like because we've watched a lot of our teams win championships or come close and fall short. We KNEW we sucked for the past 4-5 years and we needed a coaching change and we KNOW what we saw last year and what we have coming in this year. We also know the Big East because we carried that league (back when it was much tougher than it is now) for almost 25 years. PC should be thanking us for the promotion they got when we ended up in the crap AAC conference. You're now demoted back down to where you should be (even though you think you're somehow the class of the Big East now). If you want to take bets on who will have a better record in the Big East over the next 3 years please PM me and we can exchange information.
I said you guys are recruiting well right now for the future and we need to catch up some (although our transfers will be great) so why over the next three years, how about this upcoming season, I'll PM you tomorrow with it...

Reaction Score
Lol, yeah six years since our last natty is a lifetime, ... to a six year old.
7, but whose counting...long ago in bball life, if you know bball CL82...

Reaction Score
Very nice of you to visit Disney every time UConn won a championship, you really didn’t need to do that, but I guess you can’t wait forever if you really wanted to go.
That was really corny...You know like so f'in corny you laugh...

Reaction Score
Wait, do you think UConn is Blue Blood, because you said other than UConn...do you really believe that? That, that, that right there says it all....Yoooo you were middle of the pack in the AAC for 5 years...no one can be considered Blue Blood with that on their resume...can't escape that reality!! Villa is now considered Blue Blood...

Reaction Score
Dick Vitale

@DickieV
· Oct 29
The talk in the @BIGEASTMBB is that @NovaMBB & @BluejayMBB will be the class of the @@BigEast but let me tell u @PCFriarsmbb have a strong nucleus returning . Coach Ed Cooley has always had his teams play with passion . Don’t sleep on the Friars.

Reaction Score
Yawn, tired of messing with y'all, have a good night my new friends, ta ta for now...

Reaction Score
Follow directions if you're capable, over the past 5 years, still waiting...
In the 7 years since the catholic schools bought the Big East name:

UConn won a national championship.

Providence won a BET.

One conference championship in 7 years and you really think we're on level footing.

Are your clown shoes one size fits all?

Reaction Score
Explain why, with a legit argument, Has UConn done anything in the big east, no, because you haven’t played yet so being picked number four is very generous! UConn fans saying they should be picked number one or two and they’re gonna win the big east is a bit of an over stretch don’t you think?

Don't worry about UConn. Worry about your rivalry with URI.

Reaction Score
Perspective:

UConn has been to the Final Four 5 times.
PC has been to the Sweet Sixteen 5 times.

UConn has won the NCAA tourney 4 times.
PC has won the Big East Tourney 2 times.

Give credit where it's due: PC has made the NCAA tournament 20 times and lost their first game 14 times. Incredible consistency from that JV program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2020 - 2014 = 6. Don’t worry, they’ll probably cover four digit math in third grade.
It was actually 2013-2014 genius... and this is 2020-2021 season dum dum

Reaction Score
Perspective:

UConn has been to the Final Four 5 times.
PC has been to the Sweet Sixteen 5 times.

UConn has won the NCAA tourney 4 times.
PC has won the Big East Tourney 2 times.

Give credit where it's due: PC has made the NCAA tournament 20 times and lost their first game 14 times. Incredible consistency from that JV program.
That was then, this is now...we are talking about this upcoming season...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was actually 2013-2014 genius... and this is 2020-2021 season dum dum
Lol, mmm we are getting near the end of the troll life cycle. You're up to angry. [chuckle] Let me help since it is a third grade math problem. This is 2020. We won our last natty in 2014. 2020 -2014 = 6 years. Which you said was a lifetime ago, which makes you a six year old right?

Reaction Score
Don't worry about UConn. Worry about your rivalry with URI.
What rivalry, smoked them like 8 of last 10 times , when Cooley owned Hurley 7-2! Nah, we are bored with that and will focus on battling Villanova and Crighten for the BE Championship, Tnx tho...

Reaction Score
Lol, mmm we are getting near the end of the troll life cycle. You're up to angry. [chuckle] Let me help since it is a third grade math problem. This is 2020. We won our last natty in 2014. 2020 -2014 = 6 years. Which you said was a lifetime ago, which makes you a six year old right?
Omg you are a new level of dumb...UConn won the 2013-2014 season...
2014-2015
2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019
2019-2020
2020-2021 current season, count the seasons ya dope, smh!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom