UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

Reaction Score
Friar J gets likes. You're now up to 17 posts. If you make a valid point the likes will follow. Keep trying
You assume I’m looking for likes from you, I’m not, just bantering with fellow BE fans, if your butthurt over it then don’t reply...

Reaction Score
It was sitting right there to cherry pick and you couldn't even do it right. If we look back over the past 7 seasons we have a national championship
Oh please, since the inherited Ollie championship, you knew what I meant, In the basketball world that was such a long time ago… Like I said stop living in the past

Reaction Score
Oh please, since the inherited Ollie championship, you knew what I meant, In the basketball world that was such a long time ago… Like I said stop living in the past
Got it, so UConn hasn't done anything since the last time they did something. Because even if we pretend KO inherited the championship and don't give him credit, that means Jim Calhoun gets credit and UConn still has 4

Reaction Score
Explain why, with a legit argument, Has UConn done anything in the big east, no, because you haven’t played yet so being picked number four is very generous! UConn fans saying they should be picked number one or two and they’re gonna win the big east is a bit of an over stretch don’t you think?
How bout an analogy...that's like saying Kobe doesn't deserve respect and should start on the bench walking into a summer league because he's never played there before

I have no qualms with being picked 4 preseason, in fact I think that's very fair. There are few, if any, on here saying that we should be picked 1 or 2 this year...most are of the opinion that it won't be long before we're there. I'm merely taking issue with your comment that we haven't earned a thing. carry on

Reaction Score
Not one team has done a single thing in the 2020-21 Big East.

Reaction Score
PC has been to the tournament 5 times since 2014 and still hasn't made a Sweet Sixteen since 1997.

They've had an extra 7 years in the Big East and still only have 2 BET titles.

They aren't even our little brother, they're our foster child.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Willie is just a troll guys. Friar J and pc hoops will talk some hoops. This guy is a jerk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty well, actually...

1604337400797.png

CL82

Reaction Score
First off, you haven’t been in the league in seven years… Secondly that was a lifetime ago and you have a different team and coach now and system which has fallen down some so don’t go there!
Lol, I guess seven years is a lifetime ago, if you are 7 years old. Wait, that actually explains your worldview pretty well.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize PC fans were this insecure. By UConn standards (national championships), Providence has accomplished nothing in its entire program history.

Reaction Score
How bout an analogy...that's like saying Kobe doesn't deserve respect and should start on the bench walking into a summer league because he's never played there before

I have no qualms with being picked 4 preseason, in fact I think that's very fair. There are few, if any, on here saying that we should be picked 1 or 2 this year...most are of the opinion that it won't be long before we're there. I'm merely taking issue with your comment that we haven't earned a thing. carry on
So now your comparing UConn to Kobe Bryant what the ??? -You actually just made my point for me thanks - UConn fans are too high on themselves after being no better than, what, 5th place in the AAC over the last 5-6 years...Seriously can't make this crap up, but you carry on being delusional!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize PC fans were this insecure. By UConn standards (national championships), Providence has accomplished nothing in its entire program history.
Again, we are discussing this new merge into BE, our rivalry being on again and the fact that UConn has been no better than 5th place in the weak AAC over the last 5 years...What happened the last time we scrimmaged you (2 years ago) or when you guys played our 8th place team Xavior last year...okay let go of your trophy from 7 years ago and live in the now, or is that reality to scary for you all?

Reaction Score
Willie is just a troll guys. Friar J and pc hoops will talk some hoops. This guy is a jerk.
Just because I disagree with you Dony doesn't make me a troll, I love the rivalry is back on, especially since PC is such a different program now, no longer UConn's little brother...

Reaction Score
Lol, I guess seven years is a lifetime ago, if you are 7 years old. Wait, that actually explains your worldview pretty well.
Can't live in the past man, Calhoun is not walking through that door!!

Reaction Score
Got it, so UConn hasn't done anything since the last time they did something. Because even if we pretend KO inherited the championship and don't give him credit, that means Jim Calhoun gets credit and UConn still has 4
Hell I respected Calhoun, great coach! Tell me your accomplishments in the AAC over the past 5 years, I'll wait...

Reaction Score
Not one team has done a single thing in the 2020-21 Big East.
So your implying UConn will just get better than 19-12 in the weak AAC when they join a much stronger power 5 conference, in your first year not really knowing the landscape, do explain...can't wait for this one...

Reaction Score
PC has been to the tournament 5 times since 2014 and still hasn't made a Sweet Sixteen since 1997.

They've had an extra 7 years in the Big East and still only have 2 BET titles.

They aren't even our little brother, they're our foster child.
That's actually pretty funny, but the fact is over the past 6 years, with the teams you've had let's be serious...UConn would have been bottom 4 every year in the BE! You now have a very good coach, have done great recruiting some big boys and the future looks brighter, but not yet this season IMO... PC definitely needs to pick up recruiting for future talent...

Reaction Score
I inexplicably have been inundated with Mickey Mouse ads on this site. I'm assuming it's because the topic has been Providence basketball.
Correct, once we win the National Chip we're going to Disney!

Reaction Score
Be honest, I'm at least making this boring site lively! I can't wait until our teams play, gonna be fun! I do go for all the BE teams in the Tourney unless they're up against PC of course...So at some point, assuming you'll make the dance, I will be pulling for UConn, just saying...

Reaction Score
Been there 4 times myself, You? Ahhhh, It's a magical place I must say....

Very nice of you to visit Disney every time UConn won a championship, you really didn’t need to do that, but I guess you can’t wait forever if you really wanted to go.

Reaction Score
That's actually pretty funny, but the fact is over the past 6 years, with the teams you've had let's be serious...UConn would have been bottom 4 every year in the BE! You now have a very good coach, have done great recruiting some big boys and the future looks brighter, but not yet this season IMO... PC definitely needs to pick up recruiting for future talent...
If we're being honest, UConn's results the last 5 years have been awful for UConn. If PC had those same results, they'd be just another random 5 years for PC.

CL82

Reaction Score
Can't live in the past man, Calhoun is not walking through that door!!
Lol, yeah six years since our last natty is a lifetime, ... to a six year old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom